A topic my wife wanted me to post...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife went crazy waiting for EAD and AOS. She's a workaholic and is constantly looking for more ways to make money. She's a server for an American and a Chinese Buffet in town. She's very good at her job and is considered the number 1 tip earner at both places.

Her main goal when coming here was to make money while she was still young to do so then we'd retire in China at a young age to enjoy our saved money longer than we could in the USA. Not a bad plan if we don't have any major HICCUPS. We're about 10 years away if my math is correct.

Guichun was lucky and found a job a few weeks after she arrived.

She didn't need to work but SHE needed to work!

We're expecting in March and after that she can go back to

work or go to school, she has a few options that we're talking

about. Not sure what will happen yet, we'll see next year.

After your fiancee/wife arrived in the US, what were her plans? Did she want to stay home and be a housewife? Did she want to go to school or get a job? If she got a job, what kind of job did she get?

Panthr, does your wife know the 002 website? I don't have the link off the top of my head but I'm sure someone else will post here. But she can directly pose such a question herself to her fellow sisters in the US on 002. It's like a CFL but for Chinese ladies already in the US.

Good luck.

Ying had worked regular jobs and run her own business ( a few) in China. Her desire once here in the USA was to sell stuff from China in the USA. She worked to get this ready prior to departure. She also does some value added work, making pearl necklaces and such. She sells items on Ebay and local markets. She has had some success, not as much as she had hoped. It is not a disaster, just not as big as she had hoped. I provide support and encouragment. Too her credit she has not not given up and is looking at new angles. I have had to provide a lot of assistance on navigating and compliance with all the regulations and rules we have in the USA. - Running a small business in China is much simpler :headbang:

Edited by ed and ying (see edit history)

Lao Po say "I no like housewife. I find work to help you."

In the meantime, she's enrolled in ESOL 5 days a week. I hope in the future to start an import-export business for her selling clothes since it's her forte. A brick and mortar, along with Ebay, since I have much experience selling online.

You got a link for that 002 website. I'd like to point my SO to it.

- TimB

After your fiancee/wife arrived in the US, what were her plans? Did she want to stay home and be a housewife? Did she want to go to school or get a job? If she got a job, what kind of job did she get?

Panthr, does your wife know the 002 website? I don't have the link off the top of my head but I'm sure someone else will post here. But she can directly pose such a question herself to her fellow sisters in the US on 002. It's like a CFL but for Chinese ladies already in the US.

Good luck.

Lao Po say "I no like housewife. I find work to help you."

In the meantime, she's enrolled in ESOL 5 days a week. I hope in the future to start an import-export business for her selling clothes since it's her forte. A brick and mortar, along with Ebay, since I have much experience selling online.

You will be comfortable with the import process - like the visa process - pay money and jump through hoops

My wife is currently going to school at SF city college and works

part time as a teachers aid.

Now and then she will do a project for one of her clients

in GZ (desktop publishing).

Her goal is to work fulltime in a well paying job.

I have mentioned this before but I will state again.

We are very fortunate to live in the SF Bay Area.

It has been great for my wife's adjustment. :)

Ok, I found it.

http://www.wowpicture.com/fromchinatousa_bbs/index.php

But one needs to registered before one can read anything and their registration system requires someone to vouch for you before you're granted access. I believe if your wife/SO mentions that she learned of the site from CFL, she may be granted access.

Good luck.

You got a link for that 002 website. I'd like to point my SO to it.

- TimB

Good luck.

Ping, really wants to do something. We are not sure yet what will work out best. She has done trading and customs agent in china. Plus, she managed a coffee & tea shop. She also did some marketing and training for a hotel. English teacher in high school. We are close to long beach port, so maybe something there. What will work out best for her? She has also been training for Taichi, so maybe teach that. We do not know yet, what to do? She will not come over till mid november. We will see than. She can read and write english fairly well.

My wife was a facial technician in China. She came to the US in March 2005. Oregon required that she study here even after her doing faicals for ten years. No problem she went to school, add Nail technology so she can perform pedicures. We then sent her to nail school in Guangzhou to learn the new nail art. She is now trying to start her own business. She leases a nail station in a salon.

Here is an example of her work...

http://home.comcast.net/~mleard001/Pictures/DSC_0012_small.JPG