Pink Slip (the good kind)

Ok, so she got the visa.

I went to the ACH on Monday to show my face and do my best and it was not what I expected. I think many of us go to ACH thinking that we are going to receive a lecture or a forum or something. Actually, you just get to take a number and go to a booth and ask questions. A lot of Americans there are angry at the VOs so, when I was smiling, it seemed like a relief to them.

So the interview... We waited in the front in a "line" that was very Chinese despite being at the American consulate. At first, the guy didn't want to let me into the building with my sweetie, but one flash of the blue passport and an explanation that I wanted to wait in the fourth floor coffee house was enough to get me in.

I waved my Angel goodbye as she went up to the fifth floor. I went into the coffee shop and waited (with a VERY strong cup of coffee). I considered getting a ceegar (as another CFL member has said), but finally, I didn't because I would have to fight about smoking again.

Anyway, I was sitting next to a nice Chinese lady waiting for her daughter and a nice man from Iowa. Actually, I thought that the man meant well, but as he told me his story, it became more and more apparent that this fellow was in for some bad news. Anyway, I just wished him luck again and again.

Anywho, I got up to use the facilities at about 10:05 AM. Then I heard my sweetie call my name from behind me. She said, "I passed! I passed! and ran down the hall full of people hawking visa services and jumped into my arms. I picked her up and spun her around and everyone on the whole floor cheered for us. It was really very perfect.

So about the interview:

VO: Passport?

SO: (Her passport and my passport are provided)

VO: When did you meet him?

SO: for work in Japan...

VO: How many times did he visit you?

SO: Twice in China, twice in Japan. He's here now.

VO: Can I see his taxes?

SO: Here's 2006. Do you want 2005?

VO: No.

VO: Can you speak Russian?

SO: What? Sorry?

VO: Can you speak Russian?

SO: No, I can speak English and Japanese, the same as my fiance.

VO: Are you CCP?

SO: (Laughs) No.

And then she got the pink. Anyway, he called her back when she brought the visa post office documents in. He told her that he wanted to help her get her fingerprints in order and some other things to be sure she didn't have any trouble when she immigrated. I guess I'm happy that he wants to help.

So, that's us. She comes on November 3rd. Good luck to all of you!

Tienhu Garden Hotel is OK and very economical. Mr. Yang is very kind. But this is NOT a five star hotel. Do NOT expect that.

Edited by Minister (see edit history)

Ok, so she got the visa.

So the interview... We waited in the front in a "line" that was very Chinese despite being at the American consulate. At first, the guy didn't want to let me into the building with my sweetie, but one flash of the blue passport and an explanation that I wanted to wait in the fourth floor coffee house was enough to get me in.

Just as a note here - it is a public building. Anyone is allowed access at any time. Access to the fifth floor consulate is controlled by the fourth floor guards.

The applicants are initially queued outside the building. This is primarily for traffic control.

. . . and Congratulations!