WHEN GOING TO CHINA FOR INTERVIEW

I was just wondering where you guys get your visa to travel to

China? When I went in January I got mine thru a visa/passport

service here in Michigan and it cost me a couple hundred dollars.

Is there anything cheaper, and quicker? :unsure:

There was a time when you could mail you passport along with a visa application to the Chinese embassy in D.C, or any of the consulates and they would give you a visa and mail your passport back to you. All for $35!...

Now you have to find a travel agency to do it for you or go to the embassy or consulate yourself. The agencies typically cost around $200.

I was just wondering where you guys get your visa to travel to

China? When I went in January I got mine thru a visa/passport

service here in Michigan and it cost me a couple hundred dollars.

Is there anything cheaper, and quicker? :unsure:

You can drive to consulate in chicago and do your own filing. Or shop around a few hundred is high. I think I got my last one by mail for less. I used over night both ways so about 22.00 than visa was about 117 with handleing fees. I am traveling right now, andi can not find the service name.

Sounds like they took you for a couple of $$.

I have used Oasis visa service, they were recommended by the Chinese embassy.

FEE $100 for the visa, and $30 for Oasis to handle.

http://www.oasischinavisa.com/fees.html

At the time I last used them China had single,double, and multi entry, so the cost was less than now. Now you get only the Multi entry type.

I have used The American visa service in Chicago and it is not too bad for there services. The visas are all the same price now for whichever one you choose.

$100 for Consulate fee, $45 service charge, and $18 for the overnight UPS charge. This is for the 5 day normal fee, express delivery is extra of course.

:P

THANK YOU for the replies!

Glad to see that some of you had good luck with the online ones.

I saw Oasis online today when I was surfing. Sounds like they have

the best price. Yes I think I got hosed a little bit on that last

"Tourist Visa".

One again thanks to the team of experts we have here. What

a resource CFL members are!!

I used this service for all my trips, http://www.mychinavisa.com

they are very dependable and fast

I too used MyChinaVisa and they were outstanding. Service was great and I had a couple of extra things that I needed from them and they took care of it for me (with no extra charge).

I believe the lady's name that I dealt with was Michelle.

Joshua

I pay 139 USD total for a 1 year multi-entry visa. You have to select a service that services your particular territorial region in the US.

Oasis uses the Chinese Embassy in Washington DC, this covers the entire USA. But I don't think there is any restriction on which Chinese consulate the visa service uses.

You have to select a service that services your particular territorial region in the US.

Never heard this one before. The visa services I have aquired my visas through have used Washington, D.C., San Francisco and Huston consulates. All have processed my visas no problems.

I have used flychina, traveldocs and mychinavisa. They all have outstanding customer service and are about the same price.

I have read on the consulate web sites if you got in person, you must visit the consulate that services your area.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)