K-1 Interview on August 29th

Well, Ling and I arrived in Guangzhou on the 23rd. Mr. Yang had arranged for a car to pick us up at the airport and bring us to his Apartment/Hotel. We had no problems finding him as he called us shortly after we landed. It was not free, but worth every RMB as we had peace of mind that we would go straight to the hotel....and not get sidetracked.

Mr. Yang's place is not bad at all. We rented a 1 bedroom with a living/dining room, a kitchen and a bath. We also rented a shared single bedroom for Lings son.

The place is clean with modern fixtures, it is small but then again so are most others. This place is actually a little bigger then the home Ling has been living in the past 2 years.

We have spent the last few days as tourist around Guangzhou. I must say I really like it. The weather is tropical, but I think the harsh summer has passed. The city is clean and easy to navigate. The roads are pretty good and the taxi drivers are much better than I have expierenced in other Chinese cities.

The buildings are huge, many tall tall skyscrapers, like New York, Chicago, or LA. Beautiful green lush parks between them. High-rise apartments everywhere.

There are 2 multi-level shopping malls within walking distance of where we are staying. They are both very similar to any you would find in the US. We found KFC, Starbucks, Pizza Hut, and Pappa Johns close by for a taste of home. Pappa Johns even delivers.

The complex consists of two 30 story apartment buildings, with a 5 or 6 story office complex in between them, all connected. This is where the US Embassy consulate is located. I will go there tomorrow adfternoon for ACH, and again on Wednesday with my Ling for her K-1 interview.

I'll try to post some pictures to give you guys and idea what it looks like around here.

Obie

Well, Ling and I arrived in Guangzhou on the 23rd. Mr. Yang had arranged for a car to pick us up at the airport and bring us to his Apartment/Hotel. We had no problems finding him as he called us shortly after we landed. It was not free, but worth every RMB as we had peace of mind that we would go straight to the hotel....and not get sidetracked.

Mr. Yang's place is not bad at all. We rented a 1 bedroom with a living/dining room, a kitchen and a bath. We also rented a shared single bedroom for Lings son.

The place is clean with modern fixtures, it is small but then again so are most others. This place is actually a little bigger then the home Ling has been living in the past 2 years.

We have spent the last few days as tourist around Guangzhou. I must say I really like it. The weather is tropical, but I think the harsh summer has passed. The city is clean and easy to navigate. The roads are pretty good and the taxi drivers are much better than I have expierenced in other Chinese cities.

The buildings are huge, many tall tall skyscrapers, like New York, Chicago, or LA. Beautiful green lush parks between them. High-rise apartments everywhere.

There are 2 multi-level shopping malls within walking distance of where we are staying. They are both very similar to any you would find in the US. We found KFC, Starbucks, Pizza Hut, and Pappa Johns close by for a taste of home. Pappa Johns even delivers.

The complex consists of two 30 story apartment buildings, with a 5 or 6 story office complex in between them, all connected. This is where the US Embassy consulate is located. I will go there tomorrow adfternoon for ACH, and again on Wednesday with my Ling for her K-1 interview.

I'll try to post some pictures to give you guys and idea what it looks like around here.

Obie

good luck..obie...go nail the pink......how much is mr. yang's room per/nite regularly......i will be there in sept.....

Great report on the current, and good luck on the pink wednesday.

My wife will call Mr Yang on monday for a room just like you have. I have a step son that will accompany the process as well.

We will be there Sept 23... ACH and then pink on thursday..

Please post how soon it takes for you to be able to pick up the visa. This is one area that caused me to make my return date later than I wanted. National Holiday is the monday after our interview. Some say the post office is open, some say it is closed. Still do not know this one for sure. My wife called them and they say they are closed.

thanks

>L

Thanks for the update and lovely photos. I look forward to hearing more from you about your ACH and "pink" experience.

Obie

Good luck to you both on the interview.

Mr. and Mrs. Yang were more than helpful to us when we were there for almost two weeks. Thet went out of their way to help out, both, brgore the interview and when we got the blue slip. Such good people are hard to find.

tsap seui

gallery_5044_286_38613.jpg

Here is a shot of Ling and I in front of a huge water fountain in the park accross the street from the US Consulate.

gallery_5044_286_32128.jpg

This one is looking across the park at the Civic Plaza shopping mall just down the street.

I attended American Citizen Hour (ACH) on Monday and got entered into the GUZ computer. Getting in was a snap, there were about a hundred or so in attendance. There were also several hundred Chinese nationals waiting in a que, all with blue sheets, apparently there as part of their overcome process. More men then women I would say.

When I got to the fifth floor, I was directed to the right and had to pass through security. They collected my cell pone and gave me a ticket to claim it later. The room was huge, with numbered windows to the left and rows of chairs to the right. About 40 or 50 people were sitting and waiting. As I stood there, the guard said something in Chinese and all these people stood up and rushed to the front to form a que near where I was standing. Just by pure luck, I wound up near the front of this line, which I soon figured would be to issue us all a number to see a VO. Once I got my number, I sat down and waited for my turn. At 14:30 they started calling numbers, mine was fairly quick. I asked my question about the I-134, the VO gave me the answer and told me he had entered me in the computer as it was obvious I was interested in this case.

After that, I left and met up with Ling in the lobby, and went off to have a late lunch and shopping. Now we are in final countdown mode for Wednesday.

Obie

Edited by Obie (see edit history)

First, congratulations and the very best wishes on your interview in just a few more hours !!! With five trips to see her, and attendance at the ACH, you will do very well !!! :helpsmilie:

Also, great photos and information !! I always love the sight of that tallest building in Guangzhou !!

Best of luck, Roger and Hongxia

Congats on making it this far!!

You both must be so excited. I hope your interview is PINK.

The info and pictures you have shared with all of us is awesome.

Thank you to all of us who are waiting for the day we are in your shoes.

Could you give us an idea what a room cost's at Mr.Yangs place?

I will tell LI about this, so when we meet in GZ, we can stay there too.

GOOD LUCK, and please share your interview experience with us.

-Ron & Li Ping-

Guest Rob & Jin

Obie

Good luck tomorrow to you Obie and please bring us home the pink. :CopBust: