Go to interview with SO or not???

This is only my opinion and the way that I look at it...the interview is one of the single most important days in both of your lives, be there with her. Pink or blue, she will always remember how important she was to you, and how important the interview was to you. She will always remember your devotion and help to your shared goal. I couldn't imagine not being there for my precious woman.

tsap seui

This is only my opinion and the way that I look at it...the interview is one of the single most important days in both of your lives, be there with her. Pink or blue, she will always remember how important she was to you, and how important the interview was to you. She will always remember your devotion and help to your shared goal. I couldn't imagine not being there for my precious woman.

tsap seui

I was in your shoes a week ago!!! Went to boss, asked for week off for seeing my sweetheart, interview, morale support, ACH, medical, 2nd trip, etc. Also asked for week off without pay (on call) a month later to meet her at Point of Entry and arrival in the US. My boss granted both. I am soooooo grateful to him. I feel really good about being there for my honey...pink or blue. I am sending her a "more than adequate" package (thank you "David's Kitchen Sink"!!!) and will also have tons more e-mails/chat etc stuff if needed. Go for her interview!!! Beg, borrow, steal....credit card, refinance, left arm...whatever...for time to get her aclimated when she arrives. You'll pull it off. Make it work!!!

I attended the interview since my SO asked me to go...

I figured that was the least I could do.. I had already asked her to leave china and she decided to do that. Seemed like a fair trade :blink:

Anyway, I tend to think it's better to go than not; not for any statistical reason but just for support and preparation.... although, if she gets the 5 minute approval, she'll tell you it was unnecessary for you to spend money to be there.. if she says that, just ask her if she wants to go shopping now or later? :blink:

I attended the interview since my SO asked me to go...

I figured that was the least I could do.. I had already asked her to leave china and she decided to do that. Seemed like a fair trade :blink:

Anyway, I tend to think it's better to go than not; not for any statistical reason but just for support and preparation.... although, if she gets the 5 minute approval, she'll tell you it was unnecessary for you to spend money to be there.. if she says that, just ask her if she wants to go shopping now or later? :blink:

you're so funny...you've been at this too long David!!! (and we appreciate it!!!)

tsap seui

I was in your shoes a week ago!!! Went to boss, asked for week off for seeing my sweetheart, interview, morale support, ACH, medical, 2nd trip, etc. Also asked for week off without pay (on call) a month later to meet her at Point of Entry and arrival in the US. My boss granted both. I am soooooo grateful to him. I feel really good about being there for my honey...pink or blue. I am sending her a "more than adequate" package (thank you "David's Kitchen Sink"!!!) and will also have tons more e-mails/chat etc stuff if needed. Go for her interview!!! Beg, borrow, steal....credit card, refinance, left arm...whatever...for time to get her aclimated when she arrives. You'll pull it off. Make it work!!!

Ron,

I am in agreement with tsap and most others who have responded. I am in the same boat as Michael. My boss stated "family first" when I spoke of my need for a leave of absence to travel with my SO for the interview. It will be my fourth trip this year. My vacation time will be used up after next months visit and my wallet will be crying as I return shortly (hopefully) thereafter for the interview. But I could never think of my SO going at it alone. I will be there for a once in a lifetime moment as we share the happiness of the "PINK." If any other color is granted to us, I will wish to be there to console and be consoled. I would not have it any other way.

As Michael writes: "Beg, borrow, steal...." I don't think you'll regret it.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

tsap seui

Ron,

I am in agreement with tsap and most others who have responded. I am in the same boat as Michael. My boss stated "family first" when I spoke of my need for a leave of absence to travel with my SO for the interview. It will be my fourth trip this year. My vacation time will be used up after next months visit and my wallet will be crying as I return shortly (hopefully) thereafter for the interview. But I could never think of my SO going at it alone. I will be there for a once in a lifetime moment as we share the happiness of the "PINK." If any other color is granted to us, I will wish to be there to console and be consoled. I would not have it any other way.

Clayton

Please note that CFL does not endorse stealing, or any method of theft.....

tsap seui

Ron,

Clayton

Please note that CFL does not endorse stealing, or any method of theft.....

Damn! I'd better put that back.

Maybe it is because Ping lives in Guangzhou. Maybe it is because Ping is regularly in business meetings making presentations. Maybe it is because Ping has lots of confidence in herself.

Whatever the reason, Ping thinks it would be a waste of my time and our money for me to be there when she goes through the interview. All she wants me to do is meet her and our daughter in Los Angeles when they arrive in the U.S.

My Lao Po, Hongxia, is all of those things you list in paragraph #1.

However, she will appreciate me being there, and as others have said, if there is a last minute issue or problem, maybe you can fix it. I want the IVO to know, that I am in the ¡®Coffee Shop¡¯, waiting for my baby. Moreover, I just could not handle worrying about wife and daughter struggling with bags, getting on the plane ok, and navigating the POE, LAX or any other, by themselves. But that is me.

As with all things here in this process, we can seek advice; but in the end, we must each do what works for us, as individuals in our own situation. :roller:

You need to make it thru the interveiw first before there is a move.

So have her bring two full bags of stuff so you can take it back after interview. YOu bring empty bags or take her bags back to US.

Get thru interview than worry about move. Help with interview.

Don

Help! :roller:

I am trying to decide if it would be best for me to join my Li, the day

before her interview in GZ? We dont have P3 yet, but I am trying to get an idea what will be best to do. I asked my SO if she would rather I meet her in GZ to be with her, or to wait until she has visa, and meet her in Harbin. She thinks that it would be better for me to be there when she goes to GZ for interview. She thinks that they will see a second visit, and know we are serious, because I am there to support her. Im not sure how, but I told her that I wanted to come back to Harbin, and bring her home with me, but if she wants me to be in GZ with her for the interview, she will have to make the trip to Detroit alone. I think she wants me there because she knows she will be nervous, and would rather not be alone. I can only afford one trip.

And I dont have a lot of vacation time left either, so I must choose

wisely.

(also: what does "touched" mean?)

Thanks!

go if you can, don't if you can't.

:lol:

i didn't go and we got pink, but i certainly would have if i could've.

Coming from an outsider looking in a glass bottle and after reading all these posts I have seen three things that are consistent

1. Does your wife want you there? (For moral support )

2. Can you afford it especially since you will be outlaying a whole lot more money once she arrives here to be with you?

3. Can you take the time off from work without jeopardizing your job?

If you can answer all of these with a yes, then by all means then go.

If you answered 2 out of three of these with a yes then I would still suggest that you go.

However, like in some cases, especially where your lady asks you not to go, there are some things I can not explain but women DO have a special built-in intuition about themselves. In most cases it will or will not involve you but I always listen to my wife¡¯s reasoning, even if its not the right answer. Ask your wife if she wants you there, that should be enough said.