tsap seui

Guest Mike and Lily

We're all glad you are OK but disappointed that you didn't get the pink. Nothing is more frustrating than getting everything right and still not getting what you deserve and what you have worked so hard for. They didn't ask for additional information, they just said "additional processing required"? Makes me wonder if there was third party correspondence or something like that. I am sure all sorts of ideas are rolling around in your head now. Just remember, almost everyone gets the pink eventually, so keep persevering! We are all pulling for you!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again for the words guys. We both did our very best to prepare and I choke up when I think of that beautiful little woman in her new white dress as she stood there and kept her composure and poise as she was so curtly hit with rapid fired questions, yelled at, made to switch from english to Chinese and vice versa in the middle of questions, had to watch as half my financial information got thrown back at the window, yet kept her wits and train of thought and never got rattled. Even as the VO pulled out a blue slip and started writing on it she calmly asked the VO what she needed to prepare for (knowing we had almost every single piece of interview and overcome evidence in her briefcase.

Being told by the VO that there was nothing to prepare for, "you need to do nothing, just wait, and if you don't hear from us in 3 months send us an e-mail" was unbearable for her to take but she took the blue slip, gave the woman a smile and said "thank you, bye bye" as did her 11 year old son. This was the first time the VO ever acknowledged that they were human beings and the VO laughed and said "goodbye."

Like I said earlier, when I looked up and saw her rounding the corner at the coffee shop I thought she had gotten a pink slip. It was only when I caught up with her and looked into those deep dark eyes that I saw the truth, even tho there were no tears.

We were prepared, mentally, for a blue slip, just one that required something for us to do. This type of blue slip caught us both defenseless and feeling helpless at first. It's been almost 3 weeks since the interview now and I stayed with her over 2 weeks so we could get back on track with positive thinking and getting over with most of the conjecture and speculation. Jim is so right, that crap can drive you insane.

Good luck to everyone, and thanks again, your words mean a lot. I know in time that we'll get the visa and this will just be something that in later years we'll sit together and laugh about.

tsap seui

Thanks again for the words guys. We both did our very best to prepare and I choke up when I think of that beautiful little woman in her new white dress as she stood there and kept her composure and poise as she was so curtly hit with rapid fired questions, yelled at, made to switch from english to Chinese and vice versa in the middle of questions, had to watch as half my financial information got thrown back at the window, yet kept her wits and train of thought and never got rattled. Even as the VO pulled out a blue slip and started writing on it she calmly asked the VO what she needed to prepare for (knowing we had almost every single piece of interview and overcome evidence in her briefcase.

Being told by the VO that there was nothing to prepare for, "you need to do nothing, just wait, and if you don't hear from us in 3 months send us an e-mail" was unbearable for her to take but she took the blue slip, gave the woman a smile and said "thank you, bye bye" as did her 11 year old son. This was the first time the VO ever acknowledged that they were human beings and the VO laughed and said "goodbye."

Like I said earlier, when I looked up and saw her rounding the corner at the coffee shop I thought she had gotten a pink slip. It was only when I caught up with her and looked into those deep dark eyes that I saw the truth, even tho there were no tears.

tsap seui

My heart breaks for you and especially your SO when I read this.

Having someone you care about so much have to go through that seems so unfair and unnecessary.

What a proud brave woman you have there tsap. She really is a rock. If only some of the VOs would see the human being in front on them from the beginning.

Best of luck again. You WILL get pink.

My heart breaks for you and especially your SO when I read this.

Having someone you care about so much have to go through that seems so unfair and so unnecessary.

What a proud brave woman you have there tsap. She really is a rock. If only some of the VOs would see the human being in front on them from the beginning.

Best of luck again. You WILL get pink.

tsap,

Dave always writes in a way I wish I could to express my sentiments, so I'll borrow his words to express my thoughts.

I remember sitting in that coffee shop back in Feb. If your results had been mine, I know I wouldn't have handled it as well as you. Hang in there.

Hank

Edited by hankster (see edit history)

Sorry you got the blue news. It is just amazing how these gals hold up during that kind of treatment.

I really don't have any good words of wisdom, just a little experience with the blue slip trail. Hold your head up, don't let her see you get angry and frustrated, she will feel bad for you then, as well as herself, and feel like she let you down.

Good luck on the travels

Hey guys, thanks for askin' how it went. I stepped off the 747 yesterday evening with a flat butt from those worn out 747 seats and no happy beautiful lady by my side.

She got the blue slip.

My girlfriend was asked 26 questions in 8 minutes, which she nailed perfectly and she had everything the VO could of asked for including anything found on a blue slip...but...she got the ol' black void blue slip which said, "Your case requires additional processing. We will advise you when you should return to the consulate. If you have not recieved a letter from the consulate in 3 months send us a letter or an e-mail at www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html"

Geez, she was so prepared and kept her composure throught-out the whole ordeal with a 60's something white female VO.

I sat in the coffee shop with her niece waiting for my girlfriend and her 11 year old son and when I saw her go round the coffee shop and looked at her face the first time I literally thought she had gotten a pink slip.

We both did our best to prepare for the interview and I returned to the embassy the next day for ACH and talked for about 20 minutes to a white 30's something male VO who told me "the case looks very good, she had answered a lot of questions, had plenty of evidence, and was well prepared", but that "sometimes we just have to have additional time to look at a case". The VO I talked to apologized 3 times to me for her getting a blue slip.

I'm not bitter about this, just heart broken. After the interview my girlfriend and I were just in shock and quite candidly my tsap seui was turned into a mush of noodles and jello. We both felt like the life had been kicked out of us. We were in Guangzhou until the next Monday and I flew home with her to talk things over and try and boost both our spirits.

At this point it's all conjecture and speculation about the blue slip. I knew the VO would not tell me what the problem was or what they are looking for and I tried 5 different ways of getting it out of him. Hell, I had 3 pages of notes with questions and I got them all asked, including "if the paperwork is all okay then what or who do you need to look at?" All I could get was "The case looks very good and I'm very sorry about this but sometimes we just need more time to look at a case". He did tell me that he thought that "in a month, month in a half, or so I think she will get a letter from us asking for either more information or asking her to return to Guangzhou with the two passports".

At least the interview is over with. I have spent an intense 9 months researching CFL and preparing everthing I could find and for the last 2 months on the phone asking my girlfriend 75 questions (of which she was asked 26 of them at the interview). My rat's nest batchelor pad was cleaned up awaiting her arrival and my daughter, father, and sister were ready to greet her at Dulles airport....oh well, maybe in a few months.

I'm really happy David and Wendy got the pink slip.

I haven't been able to help out with any answers to other members as I was researching my own questions but tonight or tomorrow I'll write up a very detailed story of my girlfriends interview experience...LOL...it's rather long for what was an 8 minute interview and I don't know if it will help anyone in the future but it's all I can offer.

Since we got an open ended blue slip I don't really have any questions to ask now and am not really ready for anymore conjecture about what happened, we have already been over it in great detail with Mr. and Mrs. Yang, Raymond Lau, and many others so we're just in the wait mode.

I've got faith it'll all work out for the best, and a plan B if it doesn't.

Thanks much guys for the PM's of support and support on the board.

Good luck to everyone,

tsap seui

well, i don't have to tell you what it is. just stay in high spirits until the fight with guz is over, and don't play the 'blame game'. good luck buddy!

Again, thanks guys. While I don't have any questions to ask at this point it's great to have friendly support.

I understood when I went to ACH that I would not get any answer to just what they needed more time for but I followed my girlfriends lead and kept my composure as I asked the VO 20 minutes of questions. I kept a smile on my face yet got my 3 pages of questions, comments, and trying to give my certified evolution of relationship letter and the important part of my self employed financial information. I knew he wouldn't take them, after the fact, but what the heck...I tried and can sleep now with now doubts that I did my best.

I well understand that it is a waiting game and I have nothing to blame other people for...it just is what it is.

Guangzhou was devastating to us both but I knew in my heart that if I went home (her home) with her and we took the time to talk and be with each other that we would get the speculation and conjecture thoughts under control and get focused on our objective again.

I also taught my girlfriend the old adage...when given lemons, make lemonaide.

I now see that adage kicking in with her and it is making our relationship just that much more stronger.

Being 21 years sober I have had to reach inside myself and pull out the old AA prayer, "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

I have used that prayer to the extreme...LOL...and it calms me. I ain't too smart but I well understand that I cannot change Guangzhou. We did our best to prepare, it will work out in the end.

Soon I will post the whole intensely detailed interview my girlfriend had. I will not disparage the VO or the process, but I WILL post it non-emotionally, and objectively, just as it happened.

I must say, my girlfriend told me that the VO hardly even looked at her during the interview as she was steadily typing the whole time and when I went to ACH I was surprised that before I even asked a question of him, as soon as the VO brought up her case on his monitor he commented that the computer showed him my girlfriend had answered many questions and that he saw she was well prepared with evidence; plus he commented that the case looked good to him and he apologized for her not getting a pink slip/visa.

Good luck to everyone,

tsap seui....and lemonaide

rheim.... man, your comment about "just a little experience with the blue slip trail" has got to be the understatement of the year. Good on ya buddy, I was so happy when your lady got her visa.

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Another proud moment to claim as an American, I'm sorry to hear about the abuse that your SO and you have to go through. I would definitely contact my Congresssman and ask for help.

Jeff

Again, thanks guys. While I don't have any questions to ask at this point it's great to have friendly support.

I understood when I went to ACH that I would not get any answer to just what they needed more time for but I followed my girlfriends lead and kept my composure as I asked the VO 20 minutes of questions. I kept a smile on my face yet got my 3 pages of questions, comments, and trying to give my certified evolution of relationship letter and the important part of my self employed financial information. I knew he wouldn't take them, after the fact, but what the heck...I tried and can sleep now with now doubts that I did my best.

I well understand that it is a waiting game and I have nothing to blame other people for...it just is what it is.

Guangzhou was devastating to us both but I knew in my heart that if I went home (her home) with her and we took the time to talk and be with each other that we would get the speculation and conjecture thoughts under control and get focused on our objective again.

I also taught my girlfriend the old adage...when given lemons, make lemonaide.

I now see that adage kicking in with her and it is making our relationship just that much more stronger.

Being 21 years sober I have had to reach inside myself and pull out the old AA prayer, "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

I have used that prayer to the extreme...LOL...and it calms me. I ain't too smart but I well understand that I cannot change Guangzhou. We did our best to prepare, it will work out in the end.

Soon I will post the whole intensely detailed interview my girlfriend had. I will not disparage the VO or the process, but I WILL post it non-emotionally, and objectively, just as it happened.

I must say, my girlfriend told me that the VO hardly even looked at her during the interview as she was steadily typing the whole time and when I went to ACH I was surprised that before I even asked a question of him, as soon as the VO brought up her case on his monitor he commented that the computer showed him my girlfriend had answered many questions and that he saw she was well prepared with evidence; plus he commented that the case looked good to him and he apologized for her not getting a pink slip/visa.

Good luck to everyone,

tsap seui....and lemonaide

rheim.... man, your comment about "just a little experience with the blue slip trail" has got to be the understatement of the year. Good on ya buddy, I was so happy when your lady got her visa.

"Another proud moment to claim as an American, I'm sorry to hear about the abuse that your SO and you have to go through. I would definitely contact my Congresssman and ask for help."

Jeff

I hear ya Jeff. Oh man, at first I could only set on the bed with my head in my hands as I thought about what that little woman who had worked so hard to prepare, who doggedly and steadfastly refused to let a VO make her lose her composure and train of thought, and who had 12" inches of clearly labeled, in a double brief case, worth of evidence to present IF asked for...to include blue slip overcome evidence like a one hour DVD of us talking in english, my ex-wife's info (copy of her driver's license, mortage payment bill, 2 utility bills, SS number, and phone number), my girlfriends ex-husbands hu kou, consulate certified hand written letters of intent to marry and evolution of relationship, 12 pages of certified phone bill records, etc. etc....I sat on that bed with my girlfriend for hours with tears in my eyes and tons of totally useless innuendo and anger raging thru my head.

I'm a fighter, I understand grief/anger and quickly getting the hell over it so you can get refocused on your goal.

At this point we're gonna ride out the 3 months with Guangzhou to see if it plays out okay...BUT...this weekend I am writing a letter to my Congressman, to House of Rep John Doolittle from California (who I became friends with when I cleaned his carpets and repaired his house after a flood and who I have his home number and address), and to President Bush.

If we get a white slip my girlfriend will call me from the forth floor of the Consulate building and my letters will immediately get mailed out to those three, as well as my girlfriend will hire a Guangzhou lawyer on her way from the Consulate to Mr. and Mrs. Yang's room she will be staying in.

My letters will appeal to those three with my service as a 5 times shot down US Army helicopter pilot/Vietnam veteran, as well as clearly stating our K-1 visa case to them all. Hell, I ain't afraid of begging, and laying it all on the line for a justified cause.

I ain't bitter or pointing fingers (this is just the "blue" card we got dealt) but I ain't rolling over and playing dead either. I will not stop with my and my girl friend's goal.

tsap seui

No, Jim I honestly did not mention that fact in my initial application. I filled out the application and mailed it in before I became aware of CFL and it never crossed my mind. I now wish I had thought of that, as well as having sent in a more detailed evolution of relationship.

Mr. and Mrs. Yang brought up the military record when my girlfriend told them about my being a pilot in Vietnam when my girlfriend and I were visiting with one day.

As you, I had to pass an extensive eye sight exam to become a pilot...LOL...now I wish it had included a "fore" sight exam. :lol:

tsap seui