tsap seui

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, thanks for askin' how it went. I stepped off the 747 yesterday evening with a flat butt from those worn out 747 seats and no happy beautiful lady by my side.

She got the blue slip.

My girlfriend was asked 26 questions in 8 minutes, which she nailed perfectly and she had everything the VO could of asked for including anything found on a blue slip...but...she got the ol' black void blue slip which said, "Your case requires additional processing. We will advise you when you should return to the consulate. If you have not recieved a letter from the consulate in 3 months send us a letter or an e-mail at www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html"

Geez, she was so prepared and kept her composure throught-out the whole ordeal with a 60's something white female VO.

I sat in the coffee shop with her niece waiting for my girlfriend and her 11 year old son and when I saw her go round the coffee shop and looked at her face the first time I literally thought she had gotten a pink slip.

We both did our best to prepare for the interview and I returned to the embassy the next day for ACH and talked for about 20 minutes to a white 30's something male VO who told me "the case looks very good, she had answered a lot of questions, had plenty of evidence, and was well prepared", but that "sometimes we just have to have additional time to look at a case". The VO I talked to apologized 3 times to me for her getting a blue slip.

I'm not bitter about this, just heart broken. After the interview my girlfriend and I were just in shock and quite candidly my tsap seui was turned into a mush of noodles and jello. We both felt like the life had been kicked out of us. We were in Guangzhou until the next Monday and I flew home with her to talk things over and try and boost both our spirits.

At this point it's all conjecture and speculation about the blue slip. I knew the VO would not tell me what the problem was or what they are looking for and I tried 5 different ways of getting it out of him. Hell, I had 3 pages of notes with questions and I got them all asked, including "if the paperwork is all okay then what or who do you need to look at?" All I could get was "The case looks very good and I'm very sorry about this but sometimes we just need more time to look at a case". He did tell me that he thought that "in a month, month in a half, or so I think she will get a letter from us asking for either more information or asking her to return to Guangzhou with the two passports".

At least the interview is over with. I have spent an intense 9 months researching CFL and preparing everthing I could find and for the last 2 months on the phone asking my girlfriend 75 questions (of which she was asked 26 of them at the interview). My rat's nest batchelor pad was cleaned up awaiting her arrival and my daughter, father, and sister were ready to greet her at Dulles airport....oh well, maybe in a few months.

I'm really happy David and Wendy got the pink slip.

I haven't been able to help out with any answers to other members as I was researching my own questions but tonight or tomorrow I'll write up a very detailed story of my girlfriends interview experience...LOL...it's rather long for what was an 8 minute interview and I don't know if it will help anyone in the future but it's all I can offer.

Since we got an open ended blue slip I don't really have any questions to ask now and am not really ready for anymore conjecture about what happened, we have already been over it in great detail with Mr. and Mrs. Yang, Raymond Lau, and many others so we're just in the wait mode.

I've got faith it'll all work out for the best, and a plan B if it doesn't.

Thanks much guys for the PM's of support and support on the board.

Good luck to everyone,

tsap seui

Man tsap I'm really sorry to hear that. It really seems unfair to basically tell someone that "We like your case, we just want you to wait awhile longer." Seems so arbitrary. :angry:

You've got a great attitude about the whole thing, better than I think I would have in your place. That's very commendable.

It does sound like you'll get the pink next time. Can't understand why they just couldn't do it now. :(

I'll be in your shoes in a couple of months and my biggest fear is getting the same treatment. If I do I hope I handle as well as you are.

Best of luck and welcome home.