chinese food... is it all fried?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well unless it's a Chinese restaurant he still has no grounds for bitching.

. . . but of course Curt can bitch about his bitching. :unsure:

Yes of course. I am consistent. When I see people treating others like servants (or worse) I will "bitch" every time.

My wife makes spicy food, and spicy food only...unless it's a bbq steak.

Typical dish: Pork, Chilies and then some more chillies, with some dried red pepper and then some habenero chillies to top it off for color. Finish it off with some chili oil, and you've got a meal.

I haven't been gaining any weight.

Typical dish: Pork, Chilies and then some more chillies, with some dried red pepper and then some habenero chillies to top it off for color. Finish it off with some chili oil, and you've got a meal.

Wow, sounds like my kind of woman.. my wife doesn't like spicy food, but I will keep her anyway :unsure:

salad with fresh celery and greens and tomatos at every meal...

sometimes cucumbers...

gotten used to that and i love it!!

shes not big with the fried foods and rarely uses oil...

when she does she uses virgin oil

Not to be a party pooper but I am getting tired of Chinese food. We eat it all the time. When she shops, it is only to cook Chinese food recipes. My fridge is full of Chinese veggies and my freezer full of dumplings and pigs feet.

Damn, what I would do for a pot roast slow roasted with red bliss potatoes and carrots. For dessert, cherry cheesecake. :unsure:

(BTW, my wife uses peanut oil, little saturation and no taste interference with her cooking)

Oh Eric, you speak such truth... http://i18.tinypic.com/6f4tdgw.gif

Ya'll need to come out for some slow smoked brisket, sausage, smoked over pecan wood, a pot of pinto beans, grilled corn on the cob, German Chocolate cake and pecan pie. Throw in a game of horseshoes and we are set.

Oh, we can throw in some sashimi too!

As aye,

Jim

Edited by SinoTexas (see edit history)
Guest knloregon

As Barey Jones sez...

Pepper on top of pepper...... and even though its Hunan/Cantonese in this household.... enough red Hunan pepper and pretty soon you need to worry about the effect on your---as Fei likes to say: "Ax O"

....what goes in must come out!

btw; sure olive oil is better, but doesn't matter ---if you're eating more foods perpared in oil, you're going to gain weight....

Hello,

I got such a good response about the birthday that I thought I would ask about the foods that members wife's cook. Since my wife has gotten here 6 weeks ago I have gained quite a bit of weight, but she says that frying all the food is normal. We bought a half gallon of canola oil two weeks ago and it is half gone. Is this the norm?

Thanks!

When I moved in the small apartment in China with my fiance,she cooked every day.The vegetable market here is the cheapest,so we always cooked 4 or 5 dishes,just for us two.

We would buy a 1 Liter bottle and it seemed to last a few WEEKS,at least 2 or 3 weeks.

When I cook Chinese food,I cook the dishes I like to eat in Chinese restaurants,so I end up using lots of oil,and Im a good cook.

Her home cooked Chinese food used a reasonable amount of oil,about the same you would use cooking American food.Not swimming in oil.

Not to be a party pooper but I am getting tired of Chinese food. We eat it all the time. When she shops, it is only to cook Chinese food recipes. My fridge is full of Chinese veggies and my freezer full of dumplings and pigs feet.

Damn, what I would do for a pot roast slow roasted with red bliss potatoes and carrots. For dessert, cherry cheesecake. :)

(BTW, my wife uses peanut oil, little saturation and no taste interference with her cooking)

"Mouth Watering Super Easy Pot Roast:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1727,133176-243199,00.html

all those spicey chillies cant be good for your stomach :)

or any part of your digestive system for that matter

all those spicey chillies cant be good for your stomach :lol:

My wife used to eat a lot of chilies until she lost one of our babies. the doctor told her that it was her mass consumption fo the chilies that caused the miscarriage.

all those spicey chillies cant be good for your stomach :lol:

My wife used to eat a lot of chilies until she lost one of our babies. the doctor told her that it was her mass consumption fo the chilies that caused the miscarriage.

Chilton I'm sorry to hear that.

I have never heard that about chilies before. It's certainly something to keep in mind.