PINK!

I'm just back from Guangzhou. I went over for my SO's interview, which was on June 26. I went earlier enough to make ACH on Friday, June 22. There were alot of people at ACH, mostly blue slips and a couple of white slips with questions. There were a few K-1's (like me) there to ask some questions. The line was long but the wait was only about one hour and I was number 41. The VO was a young white woman and she was very nice. My SO had made a one page list of all the items that we had and I asked the VO if I could give the list to her and have her look at it to see if we might be missing something important. She took the list and looked it over and said everything looked very good. She then typed in her computer that I had attended ACH and that I was there showing support for my fiancee. She also typed into the computer on our file that in her opinion everything looked very good to her and that our documents and paperwork was in order. That was it. I didn't really have any questions for her. Time at the window, about 5 minutes. My financee went to her interview the following Tuesday, waited a total of 3 hours from lining up outside to getting her pink slip. Her VO was a young white guy who only asked her a few questions such as how many times had I been to China to see her, looked at some of our pictures together, commented favorably on the pictures of my fiancee and me with her parents. He didn't look at any of our emails, took only the certified tax returns (2006, 2005 and 2004). He didn't ask for the I-134 or any other paperwork that showed my financial position. I had included all that with my original I-129F paperwork. He didn't ask if my fiancee belonged to the Communist party (she doesn't). He did ask one question about my previous marriage. That was it. He was very satisfied with our documentation as presented with the original I-129F. I had included tax records, letter from my bank, supervisor, had submitted additional informaton why my previous 2 marriages had ended in divorce, included both divorce papers. I'm thinking that since I had included so much documentation in my original I-129F filing with USCIS is why the VO didn't ask alot of questions or request very much additional paperwork. My fiancee has never been married with no issues in China. She's a university graduate. I was married 19 years to an American for my first marriage. About 7 years after that divorce I married again, this time using the K-1 finance visa. I was married to her for 6 years and she and I divorced. She already had her 10 year green card and she stayed in the U.S. after our divorce. She changed her name back to her maiden name, filed for a name change on her green card. I explained all this with letters in my I-129F submission to USCIS. About a year or so after that divorce is when I met my current fiancee. We courted for over 6 months before meeting for the first time. I went to China 3 times. I'm 32 years older than her. Our case seemed to suggest that we might have some "red flags" based on the dialogue that you read on CFL and I was a little concerned that we might get a blue slip for additional information. My fiancee had two packages of pictures, all the documents that they would normally ask for and many others that they "might" ask for. But in the end, not so many questions, no requests for additional information or documents. Age difference wasn't discussed by the VO. Pink in less than 10 minutes. Two days later, we picked up her passport with the fiancee visa in it. Sorry for such a long post. I thought maybe some of the info might help someone else.

I'm just back from Guangzhou. I went over for my SO's interview, which was on June 26. I went earlier enough to make ACH on Friday, June 22. There were alot of people at ACH, mostly blue slips and a couple of white slips with questions. There were a few K-1's (like me) there to ask some questions. The line was long but the wait was only about one hour and I was number 41. The VO was a young white woman and she was very nice. My SO had made a one page list of all the items that we had and I asked the VO if I could give the list to her and have her look at it to see if we might be missing something important. She took the list and looked it over and said everything looked very good. She then typed in her computer that I had attended ACH and that I was there showing support for my fiancee. She also typed into the computer on our file that in her opinion everything looked very good to her and that our documents and paperwork was in order. That was it. I didn't really have any questions for her. Time at the window, about 5 minutes. My financee went to her interview the following Tuesday, waited a total of 3 hours from lining up outside to getting her pink slip. Her VO was a young white guy who only asked her a few questions such as how many times had I been to China to see her, looked at some of our pictures together, commented favorably on the pictures of my fiancee and me with her parents. He didn't look at any of our emails, took only the certified tax returns (2006, 2005 and 2004). He didn't ask for the I-134 or any other paperwork that showed my financial position. I had included all that with my original I-129F paperwork. He didn't ask if my fiancee belonged to the Communist party (she doesn't). He did ask one question about my previous marriage. That was it. He was very satisfied with our documentation as presented with the original I-129F. I had included tax records, letter from my bank, supervisor, had submitted additional informaton why my previous 2 marriages had ended in divorce, included both divorce papers. I'm thinking that since I had included so much documentation in my original I-129F filing with USCIS is why the VO didn't ask alot of questions or request very much additional paperwork. My fiancee has never been married with no issues in China. She's a university graduate. I was married 19 years to an American for my first marriage. About 7 years after that divorce I married again, this time using the K-1 finance visa. I was married to her for 6 years and she and I divorced. She already had her 10 year green card and she stayed in the U.S. after our divorce. She changed her name back to her maiden name, filed for a name change on her green card. I explained all this with letters in my I-129F submission to USCIS. About a year or so after that divorce is when I met my current fiancee. We courted for over 6 months before meeting for the first time. I went to China 3 times. I'm 32 years older than her. Our case seemed to suggest that we might have some "red flags" based on the dialogue that you read on CFL and I was a little concerned that we might get a blue slip for additional information. My fiancee had two packages of pictures, all the documents that they would normally ask for and many others that they "might" ask for. But in the end, not so many questions, no requests for additional information or documents. Age difference wasn't discussed by the VO. Pink in less than 10 minutes. Two days later, we picked up her passport with the fiancee visa in it. Sorry for such a long post. I thought maybe some of the info might help someone else.

WOW !! Congratulations !! :blink: :D

Thank you for the detailed follow-up report too !!

This is really great feedback to help the fellow member morale !!

Best wishes to you both, Roger and Hongxia ;)

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Congratulations!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Thanks for the report with our iterview in a few days makes me feel a little better since I have previous marriges also...