NVC sent paperwork to Guangzhou

Called the NVC and they said they got my paperwork and it was forwarded to Guangzhou, yesterday, made me so happy. I know I am still in for a wait, but just one more step closer to being with my love.

This is great !!! :blink:

You know, all the steps, even the little baby steps, are exciting as hell !!!!!! :unsure:

You are almost at the finish line !!!!! :huh:

Called the NVC and they said they got my paperwork and it was forwarded to Guangzhou, yesterday, made me so happy. I know I am still in for a wait, but just one more step closer to being with my love.

Congratulations and I wish you a speedy journey! Can you tell me when you received your NOA2? We may be on the same timeline.

Thank you and good luck!

Rahm30,

Congrats!

I, along with Illinoisdave are all on the same timeline. I'll be watching for your future posts as I am sure Dave will be also.

Good Luck!

Clayton

Rahm30,

Congrats!

I, along with Illinoisdave are all on the same timeline. I'll be watching for your future posts as I am sure Dave will be also.

Good Luck!

Clayton

Me too.

Rahm30,

Congrats!

Good Luck!

Clayton

Me too.

Rahm30,

Congrats!

Good Luck!

Clayton

Me too.

Double Ditto!

Good luck to all of us. :cheering:

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

Rahm30,

Congrats!

Good Luck!

Clayton

Me too.

Double Ditto!

Good luck to all of us. ;)

I think I'm in the same batch as the rest of ya'!

Rahm30,

Congrats!

Good Luck!

Clayton

Me too.

Double Ditto!

Good luck to all of us. :boxer:

I have not received anything since my NOA2 back on May26th? Should I have? Should I start calling and if so, where? (603-334-0700?) I have many documents, letters, pictures, receipts and other kitchen sink items but not sure when to send to my SO? May I have your thoughts?

Thank you

Rahm30,

Congrats!

Good Luck!

Clayton

Me too.

Double Ditto!

Good luck to all of us. :boxer:

I have not received anything since my NOA2 back on May26th? Should I have? Should I start calling and if so, where? (603-334-0700?) I have many documents, letters, pictures, receipts and other kitchen sink items but not sure when to send to my SO? May I have your thoughts?

Thank you

michaelt,

You have the number correct. Call them. Give them your NOA2 number. Have your SO's name and birthdate handy.

They take calls until, I think, 11 PM EST. Now is the time to call. If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.

I have contacted them nearly two weeks ago and was told that my case was sent to GUZ on 6/19. Others in this thread on our same timeline have also contact NVC to learn of their case status. All were given dates of mailings to GUZ.

I was told at the time that most will receive their mailed notice within 2-4 weeks after the mailing to GUZ. I was told that NVC does mass mailings and I can expect a mailed copy by 7/19.

I am waiting along with others above who I have been in contact with. I am watching all with the same timelines as mine for an update to their timelines to see if their mailed notice has been received also.

Keep your eyes on my timeline. I assure you, once the mail arrives my timeline will be updated.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

Thank you

Really the only thing you can find out next is your GUZ number and whether they've sent your application to Guangzhou.

You can call or email them. I did both.

It took awhile to get through to a human being on the phone. When I did they asked for my WAC number and date of birth for my SO. Then they gave my our GUZ number.

You can also email at NVCInquiry@state.gov. I didn't get the email until about a week after I got through on the phone. This is all the email says:

Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 12:00 PM

To: Me

Subject: RE: case status - WACXXXXXXXXXX/GUZXXXXXXXXXX.

Dear Sir,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC

has completed its processing of the visa petition you mentioned in your

letter and has forwarded the petition to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate

General for further processing.

Any further inquiries should be directed to the assigned US Embassy or

Consulate General.

Regards,

National Visa Center

GMC

The GUZ number is in the subject line.

As far as your kitchen sink stuff, it depends on if you're going for the interview. If you are, take it with you. If not, you can send all the stuff that's not date-sensitive (I-134, employment letter, pay stubs etc) to her now.

Wait to get the rest and send it closer to the interview date. You're timeline is very close to a bunch of us. I'm estimating late October or early November for the interview date. I'm waiting til September or October to get the I-134 notarized and get the employment letter and so on. Since I'll be going over for the interview, I can wait a little longer. If you're not going, others may have a better suggestion for when you should send your date-sensitive stuff.

Good luck.

Dave

Edit:

And what Clayton said. :boxer:

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)