The VO I talked to said it absolutely helps.

Now if you were there and still got a blue then there was a problem your visit didn't override or answer. On the other hand maybe some of those of us who got pink got the benefit of the doubt on a minor issue because of our presence.

We can all play this game forever. Everyone can just do whatever they want and guess what? Either way you'll probably get a pink or a blue. Go ahead and make up any reason you want to explain either. It won't change anything.

I went because Ling had never been so far away from home before and was very nervous. I don't care if GZ cared or not. Ling needed me.

\

You know, I question that. Why? do they come outside and meet you? do they have you come in and show yourself? No to both as I understand it(correct me if i'm wrong ;-), so It's really BS I think that your VO said that. My SO culd easily say I'm standing outside in the 40c hell, but I'll really be in beautiful 18c weather, and the VO won't even know.

Not if the VO sees the entry stamp on your passport without an exit stamp. Then they know! That is why you have your SO give both the passports to the VO!

Oh yeah, true indeed. Still don't think it helps though, unless you only went once or something like that. Again, I'd still go for the support and that it is an important day to be together.

It'd be a good stat to know...how many --pinks/blue with petitioners there vs pinks/blues without petitioners there--. Where's davizixuan when you need him... :ph34r:

.....I also tend to agree that unless there are pre-red flags showing that the interview might be a bit of formality.......This is why I believe that some cases interviews are just a conclusion to the process. Hence, Limei's interview was only a couple of simple questions and she was given a pink slip. I believe that, is it a strike against you for not going to interview? No! Is it a positive point to be there? Yes!

Robert,

I agree, I concur, and I support all that you offer here !! :huh:

Thank you for saving me several minutes of writing tonight !! :ph34r:

I will go to ACH just prior to my Lao Po's interview, and I would not miss being in attendance for her interview, for all the green tea in China !!!

I tend to believe that it does help.Reason? When I went to ACH the last thing the vo said to me was I will note in your file on the computer that you were here. I questioned him with ."why does that help"? He responded: It is good for the interviewing officer to know that you are here for the interview. If it did not carry any weight then why would they note in your file prior to the interview that you are there? I also tend to agree that unless there are pre-red flags showing that the interview might be a bit of formality. Reason? Again at ACH I asked some questions mainly just to justify my presence. After I was finished the officer asked if I had any more questions and I replied no. He then said that if any other questions arised before the interview that I could find the answers on their website but he also stated "but I don't see where that is neccesary as I don't see any problems and your case looks good. This is why I believe that some cases interviews are just a conclusion to the process. Hence, Limei's interview was only a couple of simple questions and she was given a pink slip. I believe that, is it a strike against you for not going to interview? No! Is it a positive point to be there? Yes!

Robert as many others have said and i too agree with you about being with our So during the interview process.

It sounds like you hade the same Vo during the ACH as i did.

He told me the same thing almost word for word.

He also said that our K3 was good to go and not to worry.

Though i did ask about our CR1. He said not to worry, Not logged in yet.

Well our interview did not come out as planed only for the fact the CR1 DID get logged in at the last minute.

We where not ready for a CR1 interview.

No problem!! That will be fixed and will have a pink in hand in three weeks!!

So yes, IMO going to the ACH is very helpful and shows support for our SO's

I still stand by my post back in April.

Apr 24 2007, 03:27 PM Post #13

More Than An Eight Second Ride

Group: Members

Member No.: 1889

I did not go to Guangzhou to be there for the interview and my fiancee managed to get through her interview in less than a minute. She received pink. I'm of the opinion now that your presence doesn't do much for the interview. I think the fate of the interview hinges on all the documentation that was submitted prior to an interview. I think the interview is more of a formality and the die has already been cast as to the outcome. The "kitchen sink" that our wives and fiance(e)s lug to the interview, appears to be more of a security (security in terms of comfort level) blanket as not much is apparently asked for. And if something is asked for by the VO through a blue slip, you don't have a chance to present the document anyhow. As to all the strategy about how to set up the folders for the interview and the psychological planning so that the VO's "see's" certain documents/photos, I think has little effect also. As someone said in a previous thread, the VO's are not dummies, they know all the mind games that are thrown at them by the person being interviewed. They have all seen it before. If you are due a pink slip, then in my opinion, the interview is a formality and can range from a few questions to chit chat. Of course you can certainly provide moral support to your wife if you are there for the interview, but as it's effect on the interview, I think it's minimal. Just my thoughts, and yes, having gone through the process recently, I now have a different outlook on it.

As aye,

Jim

I still stand by my post back in April.

Apr 24 2007, 03:27 PM Post #13

More Than An Eight Second Ride

Group: Members

Member No.: 1889

I did not go to Guangzhou to be there for the interview and my fiancee managed to get through her interview in less than a minute. She received pink. I'm of the opinion now that your presence doesn't do much for the interview. I think the fate of the interview hinges on all the documentation that was submitted prior to an interview. I think the interview is more of a formality and the die has already been cast as to the outcome. The "kitchen sink" that our wives and fiance(e)s lug to the interview, appears to be more of a security (security in terms of comfort level) blanket as not much is apparently asked for. And if something is asked for by the VO through a blue slip, you don't have a chance to present the document anyhow. As to all the strategy about how to set up the folders for the interview and the psychological planning so that the VO's "see's" certain documents/photos, I think has little effect also. As someone said in a previous thread, the VO's are not dummies, they know all the mind games that are thrown at them by the person being interviewed. They have all seen it before. If you are due a pink slip, then in my opinion, the interview is a formality and can range from a few questions to chit chat. Of course you can certainly provide moral support to your wife if you are there for the interview, but as it's effect on the interview, I think it's minimal. Just my thoughts, and yes, having gone through the process recently, I now have a different outlook on it.

As aye,

Jim

I'm of the opinion now that your presence doesn't do much for the interview. I think the fate of the interview hinges on all the documentation that was submitted prior to an interview. I think the interview is more of a formality and the die has already been cast as to the outcome.

I couldn't agree more. Well said, Jim. Of course all of these posts are only our personal opinions. I have a different take because we got a blueslip and I WAS there and I WAS at ACH. It didn't matter. In my opinion, the case was decided before the interview. I've read that the VO's don't get a chance to see the case, maybe 5 or 10 minutes before the interview. I don't believe that for a minute. They know the case and they know exactly whether they will deny or approve. I am not suggesting that you shouldn't be there for your SO. I do think that part of it is important for support. I'm glad I went. I think my being there helped her get through it. ;)

Edited by RLS (see edit history)

I think most of us agree that the cases are reviewed before the interview. So is it necessary or helpful to attend the interview? This answer depends greatly on what GUZ has decided during it's review of your folder. Many cases are either yes (pink) or no (blue) they want more time to decide. This is why you do not get a chance to hand in any evidence even if your SO has it on their person. Our presence during these cases probably makes no difference. So those of us who are argueing yes or no, are probably both correct. I am sure there are a quite few cases they have marked ok, depending on the interview. It is these cases where your presence during the interview can sway the decision of the VO and just might make a difference. The problem is, we do not know what GUZ looks for and how they make their decision. So you don't know if your case is in this catagory of not. There is absolutely no way to even guess.

Therefore, all you can do is make the decision to go, based on if you have the vacation time, money, how comfortable you are about your case and if your fiancee wants your support during this time. My wife wanted me to be there. Turned out to be a good thing for us.

I got to GUZ Saturday night before her interview on Tuesday. Sunday we spent in our hotel filling out the documents. She showed me her appointment letter. My heart skipped a few beats once I looked at it. The date had been crossed out (originally scheduled for Thursday) and had Tuesday's date was hand written. No stamp or initial at all. I know the government. This is not correct. There should be a stamp if it was done by the consulate. So bright and early Monday, I marched down to the visa section and asked for entry. They don't allow the USC to enter the visa unit for any reason, even to correct a problem. So I explain to the guard what I needed. His first comments were, "did you do this?" "No, this is why I am here. We did not do this, so I want to verify the date, get the stamp so my fiancee has no problems tomorrow." He told me to wait and took the letter and my passport into the visa section. He came back and said, "You'll need to wait. They are very busy. One of them will look at it when they have a chance." I waited several hours. He came back after this time with my passport and the letter. It now had the stamp of approval for the change, showing Tuesday as the correct day for her interview. Now, this was a very simple problem, but GUZ now knew I was there, ready to assist and fight for my fiancee. Did this one issue change the outcome from blue to pink? I think it did. This was during a time when many couples were getting blue slips for communication CD's. My wife's English wasn't any better than a friend of ours who had received a blue slip requesting the CD. Yet, her interview was done in Mandarin, no questions about how we communicate and only a few regarding her son who was staying in China.

Just because I had a positive effect on the outcome of her interview, doesn't mean it is important for other USC's to be at the interview. It can help, but I really thing it doesn't carry as much weight as we would like to think. There are so many factors that play into the decision. Your being at the interview is just of of a hundered different reasons they might issue pink or blue. It is a decision each couple must make on their own. If you go, you might only be there to offer moral support. It might not have any effect on the outcome.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

If one is the Grand Facilitator you go to handle business. In our case, Jie had no clue what the documents were or what to do with them. She thought we were married after signing all the petition documents, after returning P3, and yes, in her mind we went to GUZ to get married also. ;)