How come no one is reporting interviews?

Seems like the well has been dry for a while.

My wife told me today some girl she knows had her interview yesterday for CR1 and the girl said everyone had 30 minute interviews, and that only about 10% got a pink slip. This particular girl got a white one after waiting for 2.25 years for the interview.

I was told that the girl was showing the VO e-mails and mails, and one of the mails had her address in Chinese. her husband can't write Chinese, so he had someone do it for them, and apparently right when the VO seen the address in Chinese (knowing the guy isn't Chinese), they gave her the white slip.

Anyways, a little something to put everyone in a bad mood. :cheering: Just seems like nobody is getting interview appointments, USCIS is reshuffling again, and nobody is getting PINK!

My wife told me today some girl she knows had her interview yesterday for CR1 and the girl said everyone had 30 minute interviews, and that only about 10% got a pink slip. This particular girl got a white one after waiting for 2.25 years for the interview.

I was told that the girl was showing the VO e-mails and mails, and one of the mails had her address in Chinese. her husband can't write Chinese, so he had someone do it for them, and apparently right when the VO seen the address in Chinese (knowing the guy isn't Chinese), they gave her the white slip.

Anyways, a little something to put everyone in a bad mood. :unsure: Just seems like nobody is getting interview appointments, USCIS is reshuffling again, and nobody is getting PINK!

There were a few pinks posted here recently from CFL members, so the interviews and pinks are still coming. I wouldn't rely too much on the friend of a friend of a friend of a friend said...for correct visa information. Too many rumors and gossip floating out there.

As aye,

Jim

Anyways, a little something to put everyone in a bad mood. :) Just seems like nobody is getting interview appointments, USCIS is reshuffling again, and nobody is getting PINK!

There were a few pinks posted here recently from CFL members, so the interviews and pinks are still coming. I wouldn't rely too much on the friend of a friend of a friend of a friend said...for correct visa information. Too many rumors and gossip floating out there.

As aye,

Jim

Well, it was a person my wife knows who it happeend to, but I know what you're saying. I get the feeling a lot of people aren't being honest when they say the reason they got a blue slip or white slip( denied). obviously privacy is an issue, but people should just tell others they don't want to say the reason instead of playing dumb. Gives frantic people like me less of a reason to be frantic. ;)

12 days left till interview....if she gets a white slip i'm joining the effin' taliban! :P They can't just give a white slip for no reason right...i mean, there has to be a good god damn reason like lyinrg or whatever, right?

if she gets a white slip i'm joining the effin' taliban! :P

mchina34, I know you meant it as a joke, but I don't think it's funny or appropriate when we're still fighting in Afghanistan.

Don't worry so much and best of luck with your SO's interview in 12 days.

I'm sure everything will turn out PINK! :)

Guest Mike and Lily

Anyways, a little something to put everyone in a bad mood. :) Just seems like nobody is getting interview appointments, USCIS is reshuffling again, and nobody is getting PINK!

Doesn't everyone "Cut and Paste"? I often wrote my SO with a Chinese address. I would copy the address from an E-mail and paste it into a word document then print it as an envelope. How else are you going to send mail to China?

Edited by Mike and Lily (see edit history)

Anyways, a little something to put everyone in a bad mood. :D Just seems like nobody is getting interview appointments, USCIS is reshuffling again, and nobody is getting PINK!

Doesn't everyone "Cut and Paste"? I often wrote my SO with a Chinese address. I would copy the address from an E-mail and paste it into a word document then print it as an envelope. How else are you going to send mail to China?

I use FEDEX (UPS sucked once for me and once is too much) and I write the address in my version of english. I did the copy and paste thing from msn to the I130/I129f for her address though.

My SO typed her address into a WORD document and sent it to me along with the English version of the address.

When I want to send something to her in China, I print her address out and tape it to the envelope.

David R.

Anyways, a little something to put everyone in a bad mood. :clapping: Just seems like nobody is getting interview appointments, USCIS is reshuffling again, and nobody is getting PINK!

I think most have. I know I hade Jen's address as a label file so I could just tape it on. Seems they would have asked about it but not used it as a sole reason for denial. just let the rumors pass, I know it is hard to do, just keep thinking about not having problems. The more at ease she is, the better it will go.

I have done both ways ....english or chinese both made it into china.I made it a point to put People's Republic of China in english on all packages. Read somewhere that a person put China and letter was sent to another country .I was told once by a postal employee that they wanted only english or chinese but not both on same package.

I have done both ways ....english or chinese both made it into china.I made it a point to put People's Republic of China in english on all packages. Read somewhere that a person put China and letter was sent to another country .I was told once by a postal employee that they wanted only english or chinese but not both on same package.

Well, using postal service I'd put both languages on it, but using fedex they actually deliver it to her using fedex trucks (not the case with UPS unless you pay for it), so most of them will know how to read english I'm sure. The ones I talked to in china did anyways.

just had a package left seattle at 8pm on 21st, and it just passed customs in shanghai at 10.30pm 24th (china time). it's a makin' progress...

Yikes! :clapping:

Just my luck. All greeting cards and written letters to my SO have her name and address hand written in Chinese characters by myself.

I just look at her return address in Chinese characters from her writings to me and with one stroke at a time I imitate what she has.

All have made it to her swiftly via USPS with no trouble and she is quite impressed that I can write Chinese. Ha! It takes me between 30 and 45 minutes to write her address and name.

When sending packages, I do both a hand written Chinese character address and a computer printout address of it just to be sure.

Hope this won't come back and bite me later.

Clayton

I just had my SO write her address on some address labels I took with me when I went for my visits. I just write her name and address in English and stick one of these on the envelope. So far it's worked well.

Are we saying that this could be cause for a VO to issue a white or blue slip?

Maybe I should have her steam off the labels before going for the interview? :clapping:

Guest Mike and Lily

I just had my SO write her address on some address labels I took with me when I went for my visits. I just write her name and address in English and stick one of these on the envelope. So far it's worked well.

Are we saying that this could be cause for a VO to issue a white or blue slip?

Maybe I should have her steam off the labels before going for the interview? :ph34r:

I wouldn't do anything like that, especially based on third party hearsay. It makes you look like you are trying to hide something. If they want to fail us because I have Chinese symbols typed on my letters to her, then so be it. Maybe I am naive, but I really believe that honesty is the best policy.