Anyone going to be in Guangzhou around July 26th?

You can imagine our elation after I just made the call to DOS and found out our interview is set for July 26th!!

Our P-3 was very slow in coming and we figured we would get an interview date in late August or early September. Heck, I wasn't even going to call DOS for another 2 weeks as my lady had only sent back the P-3 on May 22nd...but...a little birdie sitting on my should was telling me, "Give em' a call". Well, I wiped the bird poop off my shoulder and called DOS, and got the good news.

I'm thinking we'll probably go to Guangzhou on the July 18th or so and it would be great to meet up with anyone that will be there around then and interested in going to ACH.

tsap seui

Maybe soon I can stop being the "chopped vegtables and noodles guy" on CFL and can state my real name, my girlfriends name, and where we she is from in China and where we will live in Uncle Samville.

I'm flying from SFO to GZ via HK on July 18th to hook up

with my wife.

I don't know exactly what my plans will be, but we will join a tour

for Hunan.

Wife hasn't given me the dates yet and most probably won't,

as in typical Chinese style, until the last minute. :angry:

All I know is go to GZ on the 18th.

Bring a bunch of stuff with me.

Tour Hunan.

Return to US on Aug. 8th with a bunch of stuff.

HI there,

A freshman on this site, and my SO has it scheduled for the 26 of July as well. Unfortunately, i cant make the trip out there, but i want to so much!!!! and its driving me NUTS!!! I have a huge project that I need to work for my job. Any how can we converse by email to double check that I and my SO have all the correct materials as needed. Thank you to all and Congratulations!

Hi, I will be going to Guangzhou again for three weeks in July. My non-stop flight out of LAX is very late on Sunday July 8th. 15 hours later, after crossing the IDL, I arrive at CAN, Baiyun Airport on early morning July 10th.

My schedule belongs to Lao Po the first couple of days in GZ. :ranting:

What day did you have in mind for ACH ??

Her interview will most likely not be before Jan/Feb '08; but I am not sure if they would mind if we attended this function more than one time, going a second time closer to the actual interview week ???

This will also be my 4th visit to Lao Po (7th to GZ). Interview day will most likely be her visit #5.

Let me know what you have in mind for a date to be at the Consulate and I will check with her and coordinate more as we get closer.

BTW, GZ sits virtually on top of the Tropic of Cancer (23.5 deg.) and is very hot in [July] and most of the cooling, heavy rain, you see in April, May, June, has passed. Also, I know where the very best (USA style) doughnuts are in GZ !!! :D

Take care :coolthumb:

Hi, I will be going to Guangzhou again for three weeks in July. My non-stop flight out of LAX is very late on Sunday July 8th. 15 hours later, after crossing the IDL, I arrive at CAN, Baiyun Airport on early morning July 10th.

My schedule belongs to Lao Po the first couple of days in GZ. :ranting:

Her interview will most likely not be before Jan/Feb '08; but I am not sure if they would mind if we attended this function more than one time, going a second time closer to the actual interview week ???

This will also be my 4th visit to Lao Po (7th to GZ). Interview day will most likely be her visit #5.

Let me know what you have in mind for a date to be at the Consulate and I will check with her and coordinate more as we get closer.

BTW, GZ sits virtually on top of the Tropic of Cancer (23.5 deg.) and is very hot in [July] and most of the cooling, heavy rain, you see in April, May, June, has passed. Also, I know where the very best (USA style) doughnuts are in GZ !!! :D

Take care :coolthumb:

Hey! where are those fat pills (dougnuts)?

My schedule belongs to Lao Po the first couple of days in GZ. :D

BTW, GZ sits virtually on top of the Tropic of Cancer (23.5 deg.) and is very hot in [July] and most of the cooling, heavy rain, you see in April, May, June, has passed. Also, I know where the very best (USA style) doughnuts are in GZ !!! :P

Take care ;)

Hey! where are those fat pills (dougnuts)?

I am afraid if I tell the whole world, then there will be none for me when I arrive. ;) They only fry a limited number each day. They are well hidden in the depths of the inner city. Only one other member knows the answer and I had to tell him, because he had retired from my Department¡­..you know, a cop thing. :lol: But I will share the secret with those who are in town, the same time as me. ;) I wonder if the GUZ IVO's know about these great doughnuts !!?? Hmmmmmmmmm B)

Speaking of donuts, Krispy Kreme has come to China, well Hong Kong at least.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/f...-hongkong_x.htm

It won't be long before another US cholesterol-laden invasion of China begins. :D

Then the Chinese will be as overweight as Americans!

Exactly. Start investing in companies that make cholesterol,hypertension,heart disease and diet drugs. As well as women's plus sizes stores. Judging from all the young people I saw in McDonalds and KFC places during my recent visits, China's gonna need a whole lot of that stuff in about 5 to 10 years. :lol:

In the words of that great American icon, Homer Simpson...."Doughnuts, Mmmmm"

I'm gonna go to ACH on the 20th and a load of doughnuts in my gut would be a proper way to meet with the VO's...LOL

My girlfriend would probably puke if she ate a doughnut, and even though I have told her everything about me I must admit that I haven't told her my culinary habits in Uncle Samville are deadly. I can just see her gettin' a baseball bat grip on her mop as she watches her son and I knockin' down a dozen delicious, yummy, dreamy, fat laden, cholesterol drippin', artery cloggin', heart stoppin', cardiac surgeon lovin' doughnuts....Oh Gawd, COUNT ME IN!!!!!

I'm going to make plane reservations to reach Guangzhou on the 18th and I'll ask my girlfriend to call Mr Yang about a couple of rooms in the next few days. It would be great to meet some of you guys, have some laughs, and attend the ACH. I love havin' fun and that Friday would be perfect. Most of the rest of the time in Sweatville I'll pretty much be helping my girlfriend prepare for the interview but we'll take some breaks and it would be nice to make some new friends and help each other.

Scoby, and anyone else that may be in Guangzhou in late July, please PM me. I'm finishing up a flip house tomorrow and leaving tomorrow night for the fathers day weekend, but will be back around a computer on next Tuesday.

Good luck to everyone....

tsap seui

I couldn't find the pinyin for "meat n' taters"

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)