Anyone going to be in Guangzhou around July 26th?

Hi, I will be going to Guangzhou again for three weeks in July. My non-stop flight out of LAX is very late on Sunday July 8th. 15 hours later, after crossing the IDL, I arrive at CAN, Baiyun Airport on early morning July 10th.

My schedule belongs to Lao Po the first couple of days in GZ. B)

What day did you have in mind for ACH ??

Her interview will most likely not be before Jan/Feb '08; but I am not sure if they would mind if we attended this function more than one time, going a second time closer to the actual interview week ???

This will also be my 4th visit to Lao Po (7th to GZ). Interview day will most likely be her visit #5.

Let me know what you have in mind for a date to be at the Consulate and I will check with her and coordinate more as we get closer.

BTW, GZ sits virtually on top of the Tropic of Cancer (23.5 deg.) and is very hot in [July] and most of the cooling, heavy rain, you see in April, May, June, has passed. Also, I know where the very best (USA style) doughnuts are in GZ !!! :P

Take care ;)

Hey! where are those fat pills (dougnuts)?

I am afraid if I tell the whole world, then there will be none for me when I arrive. ;) They only fry a limited number each day. They are well hidden in the depths of the inner city. Only one other member knows the answer and I had to tell him, because he had retired from my Department¡­..you know, a cop thing. :huh: But I will share the secret with those who are in town, the same time as me. ;) I wonder if the GUZ IVO's know about these great doughnuts !!?? Hmmmmmmmmm ;)

Uhh, whatever.

Um, I hate to rain on your parade, there wont be an ACH on Friday July 20th.

what's new

No petitioner hour on July 20

The Immigrant Visa Petitioner Information hour will not be held on July 20, 2007.

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/20070613iv.html

what's new

The Immigrant Visa Petitioner Information hour will not be held on July 20, 2007.

Thanks for the update/tip !! Will save her and I, a wasted taxi or bus ride from Huadu District into the downtown city center.

Although, I guess we could have our 'own' ACH, with BBQ tri-tip, doughnuts, cheetos and ice cold MGD, at the city park adjacent to the Consulate !! :sosad: :sosad:

what's new

Thanks for the update/tip !! Will save her and I, a wasted taxi or bus ride from Huadu District into the downtown city center.

Although, I guess we could have our 'own' ACH, with BBQ tri-tip, doughnuts, cheetos and ice cold MGD, at the city park adjacent to the Consulate !! :sosad: :sosad:

There is a nice restaurant in the basement of the consulate building, or perhaps the McDonald's or Papa Johns Pizza in the CITIC Bank building just down the road. :D