Quickie marriage/Quickie divorce

As for non-contested divorce, firstly you may want to consider a prenuptial before getting married.

Ok.

She gets the electric bicycle,the toothpicks,the refridgerator

w/ 3 year old box of frozen peas,and the pirated DVDs from China.

I get the 66 Dodge Dart,all the Jethro Tull albums,the fishing poles,

and the 1950 Spartian Royal Mansion Travel Trailer.

That's every bit of what? 8 grand? :P

Yea,8 Thousand RMB!!! B)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want everything to go smoothly for both of us,and if my fiance is not happy in America married to me,I want to get the whole thing over with easily.

Thank you.

Another way to say this is,IF we end up in a divorce situation,I want to choose the right state to get married in to begin with.

Just look at the Fiance Visa requirements.

You have to get married within 90 Days of entering the USA!

Why not 7 days?

Why not 180 days?

90 days is not a very long time for the Chinese person to get familiar with living in America.

Ive been coming to China for nearly 7 years,and living here for nearly 2 years.Its only been during this last 2 years that I have started understanding the language and began seeing the ugly underbelly of China.

Im not planning a divorce,but I sure want it to be as easy as possible if WE end up involved in one,and chosing the "right state" to get married in may be a very important choice for both of us.

Were going to arrive in America somewhere in the West Coast,then drive cross country to my home in Florida.

Who knows?

Maybe we will get married somewhere along the way.

Has anybody done one of those "Elvis" themed marriages in Las Vegas?

I live in Florida.

When my fiance and I leave China,we will live in Florida.

Just trying to be practical,where is the best place to get married quickly in America,but is the easiest place to get a non contested divorce?

Ive never been married before so I have no experience with this.

I just want everything to go smoothly for both of us,and if my fiance is not happy in America married to me,I want to get the whole thing over with easily.

I dont have much money,or own any land,and my personal property is just a 1966 Dodge Dart and a 1950 Spartian Royal Mansion travel trailer.Im not worried that I would loose a lot of stuff in a divorce situation.

What state is the BEST place to get married,if the thing ends up in a non contested divorce?

I would hope that after all the difficulties you have had to overcome to get the visa that there would be no doubts about your SO's commitment to you and your's to her .

I would hope that you have been brutually honest about your finances and as to what she can expect here in the States .

Things should be better for both of you since you will have each other and there is no dollar value that one can place on a good relationship

Think positive

if you go in to a marriage expecting it to fail then it becomes fragile to every little hardship or disagreement that occurs .

One thing is certain

You are going to have some good times and some bad times

IF YOU aren't 100% commited to your SO by this time then your not the person I who has been writing all these posts

Thank you.

Another way to say this is,IF we end up in a divorce situation,I want to choose the right state to get married in to begin with.

Just look at the Fiance Visa requirements.

You have to get married within 90 Days of entering the USA!

Why not 7 days?

Why not 180 days?

90 days is not a very long time for the Chinese person to get familiar with living in America.

Ive been coming to China for nearly 7 years,and living here for nearly 2 years.Its only been during this last 2 years that I have started understanding the language and began seeing the ugly underbelly of China.

Im not planning a divorce,but I sure want it to be as easy as possible if WE end up involved in one,and chosing the "right state" to get married in may be a very important choice for both of us.

Were going to arrive in America somewhere in the West Coast,then drive cross country to my home in Florida.

Who knows?

Maybe we will get married somewhere along the way.

Has anybody done one of those "Elvis" themed marriages in Las Vegas?

Every state recognizes the other in marriage and divorce. It does not matter where you get married. Where you marry has no bearing on where you divorce, as far as I know.

Where divorced typically has more to do with property rights, but probably you can get a divorce about anywhere as well, or in another country. If you will reside in Florida then get on their state website and maybe a few divorce lawyer websites, in Florida, and study it out. If really no proerty involved then I guess it does not matter where divorced. For me in a community property state of Texas it was best to have it done in Texas so there were no lingering issues of ownership.

Every state recognizes the other in marriage and divorce. It does not matter where you get married. Where you marry has no bearing on where you divorce, as far as I know.

Where divorced typically has more to do with property rights, but probably you can get a divorce about anywhere as well, or in another country. If you will reside in Florida then get on their state website and maybe a few divorce lawyer websites, in Florida, and study it out. If really no proerty involved then I guess it does not matter where divorced. For me in a community property state of Texas it was best to have it done in Texas so there were no lingering issues of ownership.

Here here SLM. I'm so surprised no one else posted prior to your post. Divorce proceedings have nothing to do with where one is married. You can be married in China for all that matters. Divorce depends entirely on the state/county of residence when the person files for divorce and who files for divorce matters greatly. Generally, the first person to file for divorce and where that person is residing at the time of divorce will determine the jurisdiction (state law) upon which the divorce will be settled upon.

If the intent is to get the best judgment upon a divorce, then it matters which state you reside in, not which state you get married in. As said above, CA is definitely not a very male friendly state when it comes to divorce. I'm betting TX laws are much more generous to men when it comes to divorce time. :rolleyes:

A divorce means very little when you have sponsored someone. You need to study the I-864. Basically you have a huge financial obligation for a minimum of 10 years, more likely forever if the individual wants to hurt you.

Right now I'm dealing with a terrible situation because my wife has demonstrated that telling the truth means very little. Only getting her Son to America has meaning.

Think twice!

A divorce means very little when you have sponsored someone. You need to study the I-864. Basically you have a huge financial obligation for a minimum of 10 years, more likely forever if the individual wants to hurt you.

Right now I'm dealing with a terrible situation because my wife has demonstrated that telling the truth means very little. Only getting her Son to America has meaning.

Think twice!

If I thought the foreigner was trying to hurt me,I would be asking advice about going to war,and if it ever comes up in the future,Im sure Ill be posting my questions right here.

Really she is quite small,so if she gives me any serious trouble I could easily FedEx her back to China.

If its just a situation where the Chinese person simply does not want to live in America,or changes their mind about being married to an American,or is seriously homesick,or for whatever personal reason just cant live in America or be married to an American,and both parties feel the same about it,then its good to have "divorce" information (different than "Sponsorship" information).

I tell my fiance her options up front too,so she knows what is available to her if she is not happy in America.

She is moving to another country alone,she does not understand the USA law system.

What Chinese person really even understands the process that got them their USA Visa to begin with.

I think his mother is the cosponsor, therefore she bears the responsibility.

This whole thing is a scam and I am surprised that no one is picking up on it.

If you read all of TB's posts, it seems he's gone though A LOT to get this far. If the whole thing was a scam, he's certainly putting in a lot of effort for this scam.

What Chinese person really even understands the process that got them their USA Visa to begin with.

:ph34r: How many Americans (outside of CFL and VJ) really understand the intricacy and technicalities of this whole visa process? I'd wager NONE.

If you read all of TB's posts, it seems he's gone though A LOT to get this far. If the whole thing was a scam, he's certainly putting in a lot of effort for this scam.

:) How many Americans (outside of CFL and VJ) really understand the intricacy and technicalities of this whole visa process? I'd wager NONE.

Yeah, well, the reason I say it is a scam IS because I've read all TB's posts.

yup

Hey TB, I see your question, not about you deciding she is not the right one for you, but worrying about your new wife's feelings, lonliness, or homesickness. I think your perseverance, has established a relationship that would make it easy, for her to overcome those feelings. She will be able to communicate with her family, and I presume visit, so she will find love much more important than location. Good luck, Mike & Zhen

1950 Spartian Royal Mansion travel trailer.

:) even cousin eddie's RV wasnt that old

everytime i hear about your RV i think of one of the all time greatest..

"So, when did you get the tenament on wheels?"

"Oh, that uh, that there's an RV Clark. Yeah, yeah, I borrowed it off a buddy of mine. He took my house, I took the RV. It's a good looking vehicle, ain't it?"

"Yeah, it looks so nice parked in my driveway."

:bounce8:

Hey TB, I see your question, not about you deciding she is not the right one for you, but worrying about your new wife's feelings, lonliness, or homesickness. I think your perseverance, has established a relationship that would make it easy, for her to overcome those feelings. She will be able to communicate with her family, and I presume visit, so she will find love much more important than location. Good luck, Mike & Zhen

I really got to agree, both you and your SO have been thru so much that I don't think it's a scam if it was your Sweetheart would have bailed out earlier- or Have I missed something here ?

I do know that it will help a whole lot if she can get some other Chinese connections here in the States- if you can find her a job to keep her busy and feeling important and that you get her a cheap phone card -Lisa's is 1.3 cents a minute and She talks everyday to her Brothers ,sisters friends and parents - keeps her very happy .

Also many Chinese SO's or at least the ones that I was interested in or knew- being in thieir 40's and older were NOT materialistic - They were into helping their children and parents -

My wife is happy in either a little house or a big house- she actually isn't that keen about the big house cause it takes to long to clean and electric bills etc .

Anyway There are LOTS of CFL's out here rooting for you

Lisa and Richard

:lol: How many Americans (outside of CFL and VJ) really understand the intricacy and technicalities of this whole visa process? I'd wager NONE.

Yeah, well, the reason I say it is a scam IS because I've read all TB's posts.

Ok. Perhaps I'm not understanding. Are you saying TB is the scammer or that his SO is the scammer? All along, I was under the assumption that you were saying TB was the scammer but now I'm thinking that perhaps you're saying that his SO is the one trying to scam him. :)