AOS Morons......

So today Ling received a pink letter from the Department of Homeland Security titled: Request for Initial Evidence (I-485)

The letter says they cannot process her application until they receive W-2's and my Federal Income Tax Return. I assume they mean the current Federal Income Tax Return--you know the same one I already freakin' sent along with my 2005, 2004 & 2003 returns!

I made another set of copies; included a copy of the original cover letter that also listed the same returns; added a copy of the pink letter Ling received today; attached all to a new cover letter explaining everything and listing everything attached.

I also pointed out that my income (as documented by the I.R.S.) was many multiples of the minimum requirement to sponsor and immigration and that if they had any other questions to please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

I'll mail it all first thing in the morning and not hold my breath for a speedy or coherent reply............. :roller:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So today Ling received a pink letter from the Department of Homeland Security titled: Request for Initial Evidence (I-485)

The letter says they cannot process her application until they receive W-2's and my Federal Income Tax Return. I assume they mean the current Federal Income Tax Return--you know the same one I already freakin' sent along with my 2005, 2004 & 2003 returns!

I made another set of copies; included a copy of the original cover letter that also listed the same returns; added a copy of the pink letter Ling received today; attached all to a new cover letter explaining everything and listing everything attached.

I also pointed out that my income (as documented by the I.R.S.) was many multiples of the minimum requirement to sponsor and immigration and that if they had any other questions to please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

I'll mail it all first thing in the morning and not hold my breath for a speedy or coherent reply............. :roller:

maybe they want your 2007 income tax returns :unsure:

do you suppose they lost your last 4 years of tax retuens ?

I do have to agree

THEY MUST BE MORONS

2006 filing date is past. I think you're banging your head on the wall.

You misread.

I assume they mean the current Federal Income Tax Return--you know the same one I already freakin' sent along with my 2005, 2004 & 2003 returns!

I said current along WITH 2005, 2004, 2003. They got the most current as well as the three previous. They only asked for 2006. They received 2003, 2004, 2005, AND 2006.

2006 was the actual return. The other three were IRS Transcripts.

Edited by Ling-Curt (see edit history)

Geez you got off easy. We had the WHOLE FREAKING package returned. Soooo, like any self respecting USA citizen would do. I sent back the entire WHOLE FREAKING PACKAGE back to the ever soooo thoughtful, most caring, and certainly the most educated people who decide our futures. Side bar: received a verbal apology with an I quote, "We don't make to many mistakes".....yeah...... :unsure: Approx two weeks later I received a RFE that I needed to turn in all my tax returns and the 865 form or whatever the financial form it was that I originally sent and then sent again. Sooooo, I copied and return the requested info for a third time, as any good USA citizen would do. Please note, I did this with the biggest smile on my face..... :P

PS, Finally our case left the Chicago office and was assigned to the infamous Missouri Center and just recently we were notified that our AOS app. was sent to California. Soooo, like a very good USA citizen, I wait for her green card. The only good news----my wonderful wife is waitibg with me.... ;) :D

Mine went to Nebraska and now I'm being asked to send this repeat info to Missouri. Guess we've been transferred to the slow track too.

I feel for ya curt and Ling!! In approx. a month you will receive a letter stating your case was transfered from Missouri to California. Then approx 2 - 3 months a letter from California stating that they are in receipt of you application. Ending with the infamous words, "We will notify you when a decision has been reached"

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)

You guys are lucky that your lao po's are with you to endure the frustration. It's got to be an easier wait than the visa.

Of course we are lucky our wives are here but there is also a higher frustration level. We have been dealing with the same stupid system for a very long time and are sick and tired of it. I think you reach a threshold where you simply just can't take much more of their idiocy.

Hang in there Curt hopefully they will get it right. It really is amazing how many mistakes they make at the AOS level. My perception from the folks I know is they get more wrong than right.

You guys are lucky that your lao po's are with you to endure the frustration. It's got to be an easier wait than the visa.

I don't think it was "an easier wait" when the AOS was 20 months compared to the 10 months it took to get the visa. In comparison, the visa was "an easier wait."

Don't worry; we got RFE'd for a W2 that was already sent.

I called and spoke to a nice lady who said, "Just send a photo copy

of the W2, they loose things all of the time". :)

One other note:

At the interview our IO seemed to get frustrated when going

through file looking for things. He said things were in the wrong order.

Edited by pkfops (see edit history)

Curt ... I hope you filed a G-28 Notice of Appearance of Representative along with your original filing. This allows you to correspond directly with the government on behalf of your wife.

Our K-2 AOS is currently in progress and they send duplicate copies of everything to me and will accept correspondence. We just got our biometrics appointment notice yesterday.

Also ... did you file the I-864EZ or the long form. We've filed the EZ both times and so far no probs. (knock, knock)

Don't worry; we got RFE'd for a W2 that was already sent.

I called and spoke to a nice lady who said, "Just send a photo copy

of the W2, they loose things all of the time". :lol:

One other note:

At the interview our IO seemed to get frustrated when going

through file looking for things. He said things were in the wrong order.

Oh, I didn't mention, we were also asked for W2's. Only one small problem, I've been self-employed for 21+ years. I've not received a W2 since 1986. And this information is easily discerned by looking at my damn tax returns I've just resent. Of course I had to explain all of that to try and reduce the chances of getting RFE'd again for W2's........

Edited by Ling-Curt (see edit history)