She passed !

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jeff,

The feeling must be exhilirating to know she passed! Congratulations!

By the way, I'm trying to understand better who is getting the shorter interviews. Did either of you have a divorce in your past? A big age difference or any potential financial issues? Were there any potential issues that could have brought additional attention during her interview?

Sorry to be so inquisitive. Please be general in your responses or PM me if necessary -- I'm just trying to understand how some people fly through the process and others seem to be on the slow train.

Thats OK about the questions, I still remeber how tough it is to wait. Any understanding to estimate the process will definitely help prevent the nerves from becomming to frayed.

Here is some personal information I think you might find helpful. I'm 52 and she is 40 so we are not young. She is a widow and I'm a widower. She lost her husband 8 years ago and I lost my wife 5 years ago. I used a immigration lawyer to file the petition and I'm financially secure.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

By the way, I'm trying to understand better who is getting the shorter interviews. Did either of you have a divorce in your past? A big age difference or any potential financial issues? Were there any potential issues that could have brought additional attention during her interview?

Sorry to be so inquisitive. Please be general in your responses or PM me if necessary -- I'm just trying to understand how some people fly through the process and others seem to be on the slow train.

Hi Jeff,

More stats for you...I am 53, Limei is 35..I divorced 27 years ago, Limei never married..I am financialy secure..We also had a short and simple interview.

Thanks to both of you. It will help all of us know who gets the "fast lane" interview and who gets the slow lane interview stuck behind the turnip truck!

. . . and draw a lot more scammers to this site. Seriously, any patterns you can find are subject to constant revision by the GUZ.

. . . and draw a lot more scammers to this site. Seriously, any patterns you can find are subject to constant revision by the GUZ.

I agree with you Randy. That is why I'm hoping they will share things that cannot be scammed easily, such as previous divorces and so-forth. I completely understand how GUZ must sharpen their game constantly. However, setting expectations for CFL'ers in the process and allow them to be proactive about obstacles is one important part what this forum is about.

I agree with you Randy. That is why I'm hoping they will share things that cannot be scammed easily, such as previous divorces and so-forth. I completely understand how GUZ must sharpen their game constantly. However, setting expectations for CFL'ers in the process and allow them to be proactive about obstacles is one important part what this forum is about.

But the fly in that ointment is that it's easier for scammers to pick an American citizen who doesn't have the obstacles if they know the desirable profile that would "make it easier".

Another point is that being proactive about a potential obstacle can create red flags. I think it's best to avoid drawing attention to these areas.

Just my thoughts. I don't mean to interrupt. Carry on. Perhaps your discussion will yield some useful information.

Another point is that being proactive about a potential obstacle can create red flags. I think it's best to avoid drawing attention to these areas.

I absoultely agree with Randy. Why draw attention to yourself by bringing up all the possible red flags? It's like giving way too much information over and above what they ask for. It gives them more ammo to use against you. Never mind who is this age or that age and who has x amount of financial security and has visited 18 times etc, etc. It doesn't matter. Just provide exactly what they ask for. If you post that you have been to China to see your SO 10 or 12 times, you are hurting the guys who can only get over there one or two times. Who cares if you've been 50 times? If somebody asks you to lend them ten bucks and you give them twenty bucks; the next time they will ask you for twenty bucks. JMO. <_<

Edited by RLS (see edit history)