OT - Posted Photos

[Thank you Beijinglady. Are you from Beijing?  ;)  :D

Hi Ms. Xiao Hua.

Yes I am from Beijing...are you in Beijing?

Doris

Doris, I am not from Beijing. My hometown is in Anhui. I was teaching in Shantou university with Mick before we left China.

Have you been to the Yellow Mountain, which are located in south Anhui province? It is famous among Chinese, but it seems few people I met in Ala know that mountain. -_- -_-

Li

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Thank you, Sarah. The same to both of you. I hope that you can reunite with your sweetheart in the U.s. soon.

Li :P  -_-

Thanx, Li:

I bought a roayl cooking book to cook according to that guides. Then in the future when friends come to our house, they can enjoy the traditional Emperor and Empress dishes! :P :D Because Dave advised Mick lots of vegetable dishes and Tofu also, it seems my Dave starts to like those things , so I think I will especially prepare those things for him (I wish he can see this post :D ;) ) Maybe we can meet together in the future sometime, then you and Mick can also surprise at my excellent Royal cooking skill, just pls don't praise me too high. :P

Sarah -_- (btw, which part of China are you from?)

[Thank you, Sarah. The same to both of you. I hope that you can reunite with your sweetheart in the U.s. soon.

Li :)  ;)

Thanx, Li:

I bought a roayl cooking book to cook according to that guides. Then in the future when friends come to our house, they can enjoy the traditional Emperor and Empress dishes! :D :D Because Dave advised Mick lots of vegetable dishes and Tofu also, it seems my Dave starts to like those things , so I think I will especially prepare those things for him (I wish he can see this post :P :P ) Maybe we can meet together in the future sometime, then you and Mick can also surprise at my excellent Royal cooking skill, just pls don't praise me too high. :P

Sarah :( (btw, which part of China are you from?)

Sarah, I can't wait!! :) :( :( Personally I love fresh vegs and toufu. Pls bring some of them secretly when you fly to the States. I couldn't find them easily here!!! :D :angry: :lol:

Li

Hi Little Flower (Li),

Tofu is everywhere (not too hard to find in any supermarket). If you want fresh Chinese veggies, you should try to grow some yourself with Mick. My mom and relatives grow them every year. Since you live in the South, you have a long summer to grow.

Yellow Mountain is indeed a famous mountain in China. A lot of Americans don't know much of China.

Sarah, I can't wait!! :rolleyes:  :redblob:  :angel: Personally I love fresh vegs and toufu. Pls bring some of them secretly when you fly to the States. I couldn't find them easily here!!!  :D  :D  :lol:

Li

No prolem! As long as the custom wont press hard on my bag with Toufu inside of it. :lol: :lol:

Sarah :angel:

Hi Little Flower (Li),

Tofu is everywhere (not too hard to find in any supermarket). If you want fresh Chinese veggies,  you should try to grow some yourself with Mick. My mom and  relatives grow them every year.  Since you live in the South, you have a long summer to grow. 

Yellow Mountain is indeed a famous mountain in China. A lot of Americans don't know much of China.

Thanks Tony! Next time I will look for toufu harder in supermarts. I miss toufu very much. As for growing vegs, I thought of that, but I cannot grow them without a piece of my own yard. I hope some day I can do it.

Yep, Yellow Mountain is very famous for the four unique and exquisite scenic factors: queer pines, grotesque rocks, cloud seas, and a hot spring.

Tony I want to paste pics, but I don't know how to do it. :D Can you tell me? :rolleyes: Thank you again.

Li

Hi Little Flower (Li),

Tofu is everywhere (not too hard to find in any supermarket). If you want fresh Chinese veggies,  you should try to grow some yourself with Mick. My mom and  relatives grow them every year.  Since you live in the South, you have a long summer to grow. 

Tony,

I found Toufu in Publix this morning. Hooooray!!! Thanks!! :blink: :o :P

Li

Sarah, I can't wait!! :P  :o  ;) Personally I love fresh vegs and toufu. Pls bring some of them secretly when you fly to the States. I couldn't find them easily here!!!  :D  :blink:  :lol:

Li

No prolem! As long as the custom wont press hard on my bag with Toufu inside of it. :lol: :lol:

Sarah ;)

Dont try to bring fresh fruits or veggied customs will take them

Fortunately I live in a community with many Chinese people already. There are four "oriental" markets nearby where one can buy anything that one might need as far as Chinese ingredients....so Sarah can leave the veggies there...in Qingdao.

Dave

That's good Dave, but tell me, can she find anything that will make a nice side dish to go with Gizmo? :lol: :lol: :lol: