Cant even submit I129 yet

Hi,,,

I Hired a lawyer to do all of this stuff heh...

just way too much junk for me to handle on my own.

got the lawyer to do it all for $1200.00 - nothing up front and flat fee . right now still collecting all the data and info before submit the form to Nebraska INS office.. Met fiance in April and not even submit the i129 yet.

Hope it doesn't take too long..... Going back to visit her in Shanghai in August.

Hope you're all doing well...

Dan

Bellingham, Wa.

$1200 is pretty steep. The fiancee petition is very straight forward and easy to do by yourself. The paperwork is actually minimal and the advanced members here are as good as any lawyer. I would just as well use the money to visit my fiancee. Anyway, welcome and the best of luck on your process.

JC

$1200 is pretty steep.  The fiancee petition is very straight forward and easy to do by yourself.  The paperwork is actually minimal and the advanced members here are as good as any lawyer. 

Yeap! For $1200 I could see my sweetie twice! Just don't be shy and ask the not-for-profit-not-for-money "lawyers" from CFL (such as those modulators :P ).

$1200 is pretty steep.  The fiancee petition is very straight forward and easy to do by yourself.  The paperwork is actually minimal and the advanced members here are as good as any lawyer.  

Yeap! For $1200 I could see my sweetie twice! Just don't be shy and ask the not-for-profit-not-for-money "lawyers" from CFL (such as those modulators :angel: ).

Yep, is it too late for you to get a refund? :P

Welocme to Candle and best wishes for a speedy processing. I think you will find much support and information on this board. Look forward to hearing about your progress. Always remember, as Don said, in this process patience is a valuable commodity. :rolleyes:

hi and thanks for all the help,

Unfortunately with my current job demands and stuff I simply cant afford not to have someone handling this K1 for me. All the vital stats and documents required this lawyer is well qualified to know. Most of what he does is these Visas. After reading about this process myself since January and now talking to this attorney, I can tell he he knows his stuff. (but crossing fingers). heh, He has already told me many items that the i129 doesnt mention, like a letter from employer stating that I am in fact currently employed there. I dont think the form mentions that. lots of nuances about documentation that I havnt known about , he knows about.

So I think I can trust his experience. 1200 is alot though I know. could have been money used for next visit as one member mentioned. Fortunately since I got this lawyer, I also have the last 3 years tax refund coming and it is quite a bit so I can do it this way.

Just doing some of those angled view photos for the application and some other docs and then he will submit the form. Also My fiance will fax and mail some photos and stuff to lawyer this week .

I hope it goes well.... mailing stuff from Shanghai to here seems like a chancy thing for speed but oh well.

This entire process will be interesting to see happen. I'll be patient too. is there such a thing as impatient patience? heh heh........Ill probably be the former.

Thanks and Ill definitly keep you updated. Ouch, 12 months or more......

Hi Dan and welcome,

I hope the lawyer you hired for 1200 dollars is not from MN. with th S and W firm. I hired them for $ 1000. and in 6 months they haven't done anything, but their spel sounded like they knew everything. Now I am trying for a refund, but that will be an empty hole. E-mail me if you need their name. :) :) :o

Ill keep the forum updated on everything the lawyer does .

Surprisingly I can always reach this lawyer on his mobile phone too.

He seems like a decent guy so ill give him the chance , plus I dont actually have to pay him anything yet.

:angry: