AOS & EAD Filed Yesterday

Ling and I got her AOS and AED filed yesterday to be delivered on Monday.

I know many of us tend to watch other's timelines who are at similar points in the process as ourselves. So this is just the anchor point in our next stage together. We'll see how long this road turns out to be. I hope it's a short one. (Battling a bad case of plantar fasciitis right now--I don't want to have to walk too far!)

Best of luck to the rest of you whatever mileage post you're approaching at the moment......

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We Mailed AOS today (05/05), and plan on electronic file of EAD when we get receipt letter for the AOS.

We Mailed AOS today (05/05), and plan on electronic file of EAD when we get receipt letter for the AOS.

Rochester is one of the fastest in the country (next to Buffalo).. I'm not sure you need to apply EAD since the GC could be very fast. Just a thought.

Yes ,that is why we sent only the GC application, and may wait a few months before dropping the EAD app.

Curt ... have you tried a "night splint"? It has been a wonderful and quick cure to my occasional bout with PF. Orthotics, worn virtually 100% of the time, have cut way back on episodes.

Whatever you do don't let them give you a shot in the heel!

Thanks Jim. I've not heard of any splint. The foot is making good progress. But it still hurts a lot--mostly a painful stinging/burning. It began as an excruciating pain the first of March when I got up in the morning--not a hint of a problem before that. I can walk on it normally now. It just doesn't feel good to do so. Ling gives both my feet a severe going over each night (she calls it a massage) and progrss is happening.

Yesterday I put on my stiffest hiking boots and we hiked the whole Silver Falls trail loop (maybe I'll post a link to pictures later today). The foot held up ok and I can still walk this morning. Not to worry about a shot in my heel. I haven't seen a doctor in more than 20 years.

Good Luck Curt with this process. I'm sure things will be ok. Our timeline was 4 months (Feb 06' to June 06') for AOS but we moved and changed everything... big mistake...

Just remember that each change cost approx. 6 months more delay.

We'll do our best to see that nothing needs to be changed. There's no way I'm moving unless I win the lottery and buy a place in Kona, HI. But even then, I'd keep this place until everything is processed so as not to confuse our friends in the .gov. :)

I'm getting confused about this moving delays. Dose that mean during the applying for aos you are not supposed to move or change your address?

We've filed for AOS already, sent the application out like nearly 2 weeks ago. BY far, we haven't received any reply or notice letter from them. The problem is, on the forms we used the address which we had used when we apply for k1 visa. And that's my husband's mother's address, of course he lived/ live there too. But since I came to the states, we also found a new place to live in, when we got married, we used our new address, so this new address is stated on our marriage certificate. Now my concern is that will the two different address have any bad effect on this AOS process later on?

Thanks.

Curt ... have you tried a "night splint"? It has been a wonderful and quick cure to my occasional bout with PF. Orthotics, worn virtually 100% of the time, have cut way back on episodes.

Thanks Jim. I've not heard of any splint. The foot is making good progress. But it still hurts a lot--mostly a painful stinging/burning. It began as an excruciating pain the first of March when I got up in the morning--not a hint of a problem before that. I can walk on it normally now. It just doesn't feel good to do so. Ling gives both my feet a severe going over each night (she calls it a massage) and progrss is happening.

Yesterday I put on my stiffest hiking boots and we hiked the whole Silver Falls trail loop (maybe I'll post a link to pictures later today). The foot held up ok and I can still walk this morning. Not to worry about a shot in my heel. I haven't seen a doctor in more than 20 years.

Curt, my podiatrist gave me pads that I put under the arch in both shoes. In an emergency I have also used rolled up socks.

-James

Curt, my podiatrist gave me pads that I put under the arch in both shoes. In an emergency I have also used rolled up socks.

-James

Thanks for the info. It's gradually getting better. I've found one pair of shoes that feels better than the rest and I'm sticking with them. Last weekend when we went for a hike in the forest I wore my heavy climbing boots (very stiff sole) and did ok.

BTW. I sent Ling's AOS overnight mail last Friday. We haven't received our return receipt yet......

Hmmmmm.....I sent the package next day air, certified, return receipt requested 10 days ago and haven't seen the receipt yet.......wonder how long this is going to take.......

Yep same boat, I do know that ours delivered in Chicago on the 8th, from the tracking number on USPS website, but still waiting for the checks to clear my bank, I hope a case number is on the back of the checks so that I can then monitor the progress on USCIS site.