How do you go about putting your spouse on your checking or saving account when they not have a Visa or SSN. One of the prove they ask for to show being married on the I-130 is a joint account with a bank. Last I remember most banks will not put someone on your account unless they with you in their bank.

It also be more easier on me if she was on the bank account.

Only found one bank that in viet nam and america at the moment and that is citibank, I'm considering to open a account there this july in hanoi with my Thoa.

I not sure if fileing a IRS form w-7 for a tax number would work. kind of at lost here figure David might have some idea or anyone else.

Robert and Thoa

My bank required two pieces of I.D. We used her passport and Birth Certificate.

Hard to do when ptcrusier333rph's SO is still in Vietnam, and doesn't yet have visa.

My Yu had to sign a signature card and provide ID and SSN at both banks for me to add her to one checking account at HSBC, and open a second joint checking account at my primary bank.

So the ITIN may work in their case at a Citi-Bank location, cant hurt to visit the bank there.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

What I did to satisfy this part was obtained a paypal card for my wife attached to my account, another credit card issued a card, and added her as the beneficiary to my bank accounts. Until she is here you won't be able to add her onto the account as joint account.

Mike