American Citizen's Hour at GUZ

Hello All,

I am planning to attend ACH in GUZ during my next visit in May.....if my SO goes with me, is there a place, waiting room, etc, where she can wait for me? I know she's not allowed to attend the meeting....I'm not sure she can even enter the Consulate unless she has business there....

Anyone know the answer?

Steve

On the 4th floor, there's a coffee shop between the 2 elevators.

What Randy said, and pay $5 for a cup of coffee which is still not as bad as the GUZ airport where it was 58 RMB. When you go to ACH you get a number issued. You fill out a a simple form and list any questions you have. They call your number. You give them your passport and the form. The VO reads the questions and answers them. Piece of cake and I hope it works in your favor.

Guest Mike and Lily

Hello All,

I am planning to attend ACH in GUZ during my next visit in May.....if my SO goes with me, is there a place, waiting room, etc, where she can wait for me? I know she's not allowed to attend the meeting....I'm not sure she can even enter the Consulate unless she has business there....

Anyone know the answer?

Steve

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is ACH?

Hello All,

Anyone know the answer?

Steve

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is ACH?

American Citizens Hour

is it a requirement to go to ACH?

It is not a requirement, but if you do go to Guangzhou to be with your SO, attending it and asking a few questions tends to show them that you have an interest in your SO, they do record that you were there. I asked for extra packet 4 forms, and asked if it was OK to just do the English versions only of the forms, and they told me that is more than fine.

ACH tends to be 2:00pm on Fridays.

• 1 month later...

Those links stop at April 2006.

Has anybody attended the ACH this year?

I want to attend the Friday ACH since I am doing a K1 VISA for my SO. We are already past 105 days with GUZ showing only the electronic copy.

--Flying to Shenzhen in 4 days to be with my SO. woohoo!

David R.

Edited by David&Wendy (see edit history)

I want to attend the Friday ACH since I am doing a K1 VISA for my SO. We are already past 105 days with GUZ showing only the electronic copy.

David R.

I attended ACH on 03/02/07, 6 days before Emily's interview (to show my face and asked a couple of questions) as well as on 03/09/07 - the day after Emily got the pink slip (to make sure GZ prepares separate seal packages for Emily and son since he is coming to U.S later).

There is a coffe shop on the 4th floor. You will have to go up the escalator in order to get to the 5th floor, the hang a right. She will not be allowed upstairs. There is a coffe shop on the 4th floor. There is also a 7-11 outside and to the immediate left as you exit the building. My SO decided to wait outside at the 7-11. Good luck!

Hello All,

Anyone know the answer?

Steve

I attended last month. I went Friday afternoon around 2PM. Took a number after I went to the first window and told them I was there to attend ACH. I thought it best to attend since there is an obvious age difference between my SO and I. I also submitted some legal documents with my RFE and I wanted to discuss personally with a VO my situation. They seemed quite impressed with the fact that I was open and honest and noted our conversation in their system. I was told that all they wanted was for everyone to be open and up front about any issues. Seemed to work for me as my SO was approved within ten minutes after her interview began :angry:

David R.