American Citizen's Hour at GUZ

I read this topic, and it seems very strange.

If I (USC) go to the US consolate with my wife (A Chinese citizen) they will not let my wife in?

I think of my wife as my other half, and it is very strange to me they would not allow the wife of a USC into ach.

When you all say your SO is not permiitted in, is this your fiance, or does it include your wife is not permitted in?

your title states what ACH stands for.. Services for American Citizens. neither your fiancee nor your wife is NOT an american citizen... that is probably the only [practical] rationale I can answer for why they are not allowed in... of course, they might also say 'space doesn't allow'.

GUZ isn't a embassy. It is a consulate and not a big one at that.

Even the American citizens that visit it really only have access 3 rooms, a security hallway where there is a security scanner for electronics, 1 small room with chairs and 1 large room (which is where the ACH is held). Most of the employees work behind the glass wall that is inaccessible to everybody if you dont work for the consulate.

GUZ isn't a embassy. It is a consulate and not a big one at that.

Even the American citizens that visit it really only have access 3 rooms, a security hallway where there is a security scanner for electronics, 1 small room with chairs and 1 large room (which is where the ACH is held). Most of the employees work behind the glass wall that is inaccessible to everybody if you dont work for the consulate.

David ... correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the facility you are describing is the visa processing facility for the GZ consulate ... and the rst of the consulate, staff, and facilities are elsewhere.