Coming to the USA

I know that we have our problems here in the US and there are those of you the may eventually move to China. And there are those that would give up the US citizenship for various reasons. Me, I'm glad my fiancee has chosen me and is coming to the USA. This will be her new home and I am damn proud to share it with her: America God bless the USA.

As aye,

Jim

I know that we have our problems here in the US and there are those of you the may eventually move to China. And there are those that would give up the US citizenship for various reasons. Me, I'm glad my fiancee has chosen me and is coming to the USA. This will be her new home and I am damn proud to share it with her: America God bless the USA.

As aye,

Jim

AMEN BROTHER

SO loves America too

Thank the Lord

Edited by izus (see edit history)

I dont know what I should say. Yes I like some of america, but I like China better. I have been here for 29 days now. This morning I told my husband I want to come back China. He was scared and asked me if I am serious. I said yes, but I know I cant leave him alone here as I love him. I dont know why I feel lonely and insecure here. actually we have a nice house here and my husband's salary is good, but I still worry worry, I think probably because I have no my family members and no Job here. Hopefully after I get my car soon, I can feel better. Do you think your Chinese wife or SO are worrying wife or SO? My husband said I worried damned too much :victory: :D :crazy:

I am always loving American culture. When I was in the college, my major was English Language and Literature, we had separate courses for British and American Literature. I liked the latter better because British Literature sounded more orthodox to me.(not saying I dont like British Literature)

When someone after travelling to Europe complained to me there was no culture in States, I was quite upset, I wanted to told him there was plenty of culture there, just he did not find out yet.

After I came here, I have beening fond of here more and more, this place really grows on me. There are so many things to be discovered, to be appreciated, and to be cherished here.

My personality is more soft now, compared to the previous self-defensive one in Shanghai.(I had to be that way there.)

I dont know what I should say. Yes I like some of america, but I like China better. I have been here for 29 days now. This morning I told my husband I want to come back China. He was scared and asked me if I am serious. I said yes, but I know I cant leave him alone here as I love him. I dont know why I feel lonely and insecure here. actually we have a nice house here and my husband's salary is good, but I still worry worry, I think probably because I have no my family members and no Job here. Hopefully after I get my car soon, I can feel better. Do you think your Chinese wife or SO are worrying wife or SO? My husband said I worried damned too much :victory: :D :crazy:

Paula, I think your feelings are very natural. Lao Po felt a little bit that way also in the first month or so. It was particularly bad for her because my job requires so much time and travel. Now that she goes to English class four mornings a week, has started to make a few friends, and has gained confidence her feelings have changed.

She has now been in the US a little over six months, we have just returned from a New Years vacation to China to visit family. Lao Po is now sure she wants to live here in the US. Give it some time ...

I dont know what I should say. Yes I like some of america, but I like China better. I have been here for 29 days now. This morning I told my husband I want to come back China. He was scared and asked me if I am serious. I said yes, but I know I cant leave him alone here as I love him. I dont know why I feel lonely and insecure here. actually we have a nice house here and my husband's salary is good, but I still worry worry, I think probably because I have no my family members and no Job here. Hopefully after I get my car soon, I can feel better. Do you think your Chinese wife or SO are worrying wife or SO? My husband said I worried damned too much :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Paula,

Thank you for your honesty here in this post. Please believe me that many of us here worry of our SO's happiness here in America. I understand of all you write.

I also love China, yet I am an American. I know the beauty of China. I would have no difficulty to find happiness in China with my SO.

I read of your love for your husband. I like to think that love overcomes all.

With only 29 days here in America, it is easy to understand of all you feel now. These are feelings that all men and women experience when away from their familiar surroundings and family. I am sure it is difficult now. This transition is not easy. I will hope your love for your husband and his love for you will conquer all your fears, insecurity and loneliness.

Your patience must have been strong to survive the visa process to arrive here in the US. I will hope your patience will be strong over the next several months as you become more familiar with your new experiences, home and life here in America.

The words you speak to your husband are words that all of us here might expect, but never wish to hear. Please be strong and give it time. We all understand your written words.

I wish you and your husband the best. I wish for you both the happy future that we all dream of here on CFL.

Please keep us posted on your future feelings of life here in America and let us know if you find the happiness and security that we also hope to provide our SO's with.

Clayton

I dont know what I should say. Yes I like some of america, but I like China better. I have been here for 29 days now. This morning I told my husband I want to come back China. He was scared and asked me if I am serious. I said yes, but I know I cant leave him alone here as I love him. I dont know why I feel lonely and insecure here. actually we have a nice house here and my husband's salary is good, but I still worry worry, I think probably because I have no my family members and no Job here. Hopefully after I get my car soon, I can feel better. Do you think your Chinese wife or SO are worrying wife or SO? My husband said I worried damned too much :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Paula,

Like others have said, being homesick is quite normal. My wife has been here 4 months now,

the 1st month was also hard for her. It just takes some time thats all, my wife has a job now

and after a few initial problems she now loves her job and her co-workers. She made some new

friends through her ESL classes and shes starting to feel right at home now.

Does she miss her friends and family back home? Hell yes! But she talks with them every

chance she gets and every day it gets a little easier. Have patience, it will get

better!

First to say I love the good ol USA the best myself and would always find a way to not actually give up citizenship. Nothing is enforced that way anyway, to my knowlege.

Paula, let me add to the others. When in Spain, or China I feel a general love of people. I had no idea America was so lonely.

When you go outside in America, it is mostly a sea of cars, with windows up. Outside in China it is a sea of people. There is an affect that has on a person.

I was at DFW Airport recently and 3 Chinese ladies were putting out luggage for the porter. These ladies were constantly touching each other and doing body slams with an openess and ease we Americans just hardly ever do anymore. You do not see friends holding hands when they shop, for instance. I suppose I love that part of China the most. I actually went through a Chinese homesickness of sorts for about 6 weeks after my first two trips. Now I have no homesickness when I return because I am married. It did make a diference having her in my life I discovered.

I cannot imagine how much deeper you must feel than I do about China, since you are from there and I am not. I really get torn myself between the two countries. One of my wife's Chinese classmates who lived in Arlington, TX told her to get a car, because you can do nothing without one, and go to a church, so you have a circle of friends. I am not saying those things are best for you, but as you get mobile and more involved you will make a lot of good friends. Americans are friendly, if you can just get to them :lol: Just give it some time.

Even in America, if we move to another state they say it takes 2 years to get fully aclimated, or give the new area 2 years before you decide to move to yet another state. Your son's school should have a PTA organization as well, which could help you meet parents and things. My wife plans to spend a lot of time at college until she gets a job. That will be her way of being around others.

There is a DFW area Asian chamber of commerce which may have some resources for you. There are schools where your son can go learn Chinese on the weekend also. I found a number of things doing a search on the internet.

Edited by SheLikesME (see edit history)

As aye,

Jim

I'm with you Jim,

America - Love it...

or leave it!

sez Uncle Sam

I know a dumb ass statement when I see one. This statement was dumb in the sixties and it is dumb today. One would think we have progressed in our ignorance in the past 40 years--apparently not!!

As aye,

Jim

I'm with you Jim,

America - Love it...

or leave it!

sez Uncle Sam

I know a dumb ass statement when I see one. This statement was dumb in the sixties and it is dumb today. One would think we have progressed in our ignorance in the past 40 years--apparently not!!

Easy Baba, most dont understand, I sure do though...

Edited by hakkamike (see edit history)

As aye,

Jim

I'm with you Jim,

America - Love it...

or leave it!

sez Uncle Sam

It ranks right up there with "Be American, buy American" which is one of the most un-American things I've ever heard.

I've been here about 3 weeks,haven't got homesick yet. I love every day that spent with my husband together here in the states. He works at home. so we have plenty time being together. whenever he has to leave me alone at home,he is always so worried.He calls me to check me is doing good whenever he gets time to talk. I feel secure and comfortable at home. ANd I feel home chores are much easier than in China, though I didn't have to do it when I was in china. Our neighbours are very nice and friendly. One neighbour even invited my husband and me go dinner together.

Paula, I understand your feelings. but you need learn to trust and depend on your husband. You will see most time you are worry about nothing. Take it easy and enjoy the peaceful life in the states.

Emma

Edited by sleepless in Houston&CQ (see edit history)

I'm with you Jim,

America - Love it...

Nice statement Lee.

or leave it!

sez Uncle Sam

It ranks right up there with "Be American, buy American" which is one of the most un-American things I've ever heard.

Sorry guys!

Parties over~!

Turn out the lights

Don't let the door hit you

on the way out!

:unsure:

Perhaps "Be a man and do it!" would have been a "smarter" thing to say.

As aye,

Jim

I'm with you Jim,

America - Love it...

Nice statement Lee.

or leave it!

sez Uncle Sam

Sorry guys!

Parties over~!

Turn out the lights

Don't let the door hit you

on the way out!

:unsure:

Same attitude those who have suffered from the side affects of Agent Orange have had to put up with for years.