Ron, I hope you hear something real soon. You definitely have endured way too much waiting time.

The first message I saw earlier today said the packages had "departed" the DHL facility. Now it says that they "arrived" at the facility.??? My question is, where has it been sitting all this time? I thought it was already at the DHL facility. To Arrive or Depart, THAT is the question. B)

Well, FINALLY, DHL tracking says something different. It now says that my package has "departed" their facility. My package was either sent from NVC on the 17th or the 20th of Oct. In either case, both of those have "departed" from the warehouse. :P

Very good sign. In a few days, GUZ via DOS will acknowledge receipt.

Hopefully the packages will be worked on Saturday but the dates you are seeing ARE Saturday. The delivery of the October 16 package tracks like this.

11/1/2006 9:49 am Shipment delivered. Guangzhou, China Why is this?

9:15 am With delivery courier. Guangzhou, China

5:19 am Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

4:28 am Depart Facility. Guangzhou, China

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now, the 17th and 20th packages say...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/9/2006 4:21 am Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

3:27 am Depart Facility. Guangzhou, China

It would appear that the departure was from the customs facility and arrival at the shipping warehouse which may simply mean they physically passed through a secure gate in the same building.

Until you see that it is with the delivery courier and delivered, you can't be certain but it sure looks like the package will delivered Saturday or Monday.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting...

Signed for by: Company stamp

Shipment delivered December 06, 2006 09:37

Date Time Location Service Area Checkpoint Details

October 10, 2006 15:37 Portsmouth, NH - USA Shipment picked up

October 11, 2006 01:37 Wilmington - Clinton Field, OH - USA Departing origin

October 11, 2006 02:05 Wilmington - Clinton Field, OH - USA Transferred through Wilmington - Clinton Field - USA

October 11, 2006 05:00 Wilmington - Clinton Field, OH - USA Departed from DHL facility in Wilmington - Clinton Field - USA

October 12, 2006 13:14 Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong Arrived at DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong

October 12, 2006 16:23 Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong Departed from DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hub - Hong Kong

October 12, 2006 23:31 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Arrived at DHL facility in Guangzhou - China, People's Republic

October 12, 2006 23:31 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Clearance delay

October 12, 2006 23:32 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Processed for clearance at Guangzhou - China, People's Republic

October 13, 2006 22:01 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Clearance delay

October 31, 2006 21:54 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Clearance delay

November 01, 2006 16:21 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Delivered to broker as requested

December 06, 2006 02:28 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Departed from DHL facility in Guangzhou - China, People's Republic

December 06, 2006 03:09 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Arrived at DHL Facility

December 06, 2006 09:06 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic With delivery courier

December 06, 2006 09:37 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Shipment delivered

It has been my belief that this package contains my petition. It finally arrived. Well, will have to call DoS next Monday and see if they actually got it.

Things are looking up! Ron, I think you're next! :rolleyes:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21712

Thanks dnoblett, looks like 11-17 or 12-1 for me. I will have to update my sig. :roller:

Is there anyway this info could be posted in an easily found manner on CFL? I tried searching under several key words and never found this, until the other current thread was read :rolleyes: I know some of you think it useless, but it would be nice to make it easy to find :lol:

from dnoblett:

For DHL I did this:

GO to DHL Worldwide Express website http://www.dhl.com

Select USA

A new page will open

At the top highlight tracking and click on TRACK BY REFERENCE

In the Reference field type CORRESPONDENCE

For the Shipment date you should select a day before and after the date NVC said they sent your file.

Customer number leave blank

Origin Postal code should be 03801

Then Click Track

There are usually more than 1 package sent so track them both.

No need to call NVC and confuse the operator.

Though keep in mind, DHL indicating delivery dose not mean GUZ "Received" it, the cases remain in large boxes is a storage room for 2-3 months, then GUZ will "Receive" the cases.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21349

Thanks dnoblett, looks like 11-17 or 12-1 for me. I will have to update my sig. :D

Is there anyway this info could be posted in an easily found manner on CFL? I tried searching under several key words and never found this, until the other current thread was read :blink: I know some of you think it useless, but it would be nice to make it easy to find :D

from dnoblett:

For DHL I did this:

Select USA

A new page will open

For the Shipment date you should select a day before and after the date NVC said they sent your file.

Then Click Track

Though keep in mind, DHL indicating delivery dose not mean GUZ "Received" it, the cases remain in large boxes is a storage room for 2-3 months, then GUZ will "Receive" the cases.

There seem to be two different suggested methods for DHL tracking from NVC to GUZ. The one I've used is similar to the above but instead of "Correspondence" I type "I-730" in the reference field, select dates and simply put "CAN" (the airport code for Guangzhou) in the destination tariff point field.

For SheLikesME's dates, I get completely different tracking results. Correspondence produces a list of packages that were all picked up within 10 days of shipment. I-730 produces a list of packages with shipment to delivery times that more closely resemble what we have come to expect for petitions. I would concur with others who have already indicated that this DHL tracking is an unreliable exercise at best.

Thanks dnoblett, looks like 11-17 or 12-1 for me. I will have to update my sig. :D

Is there anyway this info could be posted in an easily found manner on CFL? I tried searching under several key words and never found this, until the other current thread was read :blink: I know some of you think it useless, but it would be nice to make it easy to find :D

from dnoblett:

For DHL I did this:

Select USA

A new page will open

Then Click Track

There seem to be two different suggested methods for DHL tracking from NVC to GUZ. The one I've used is similar to the above but instead of "Correspondence" I type "I-730" in the reference field, select dates and simply put "CAN" (the airport code for Guangzhou) in the destination tariff point field.

For SheLikesME's dates, I get completely different tracking results. Correspondence produces a list of packages that were all picked up within 10 days of shipment. I-730 produces a list of packages with shipment to delivery times that more closely resemble what we have come to expect for petitions. I would concur with others who have already indicated that this DHL tracking is an unreliable exercise at best.

I got "No shipments found. Please revise criteria and resubmit" :D

So I put "Correspondence" in there instead of "I-730" and got the same answers I posted earlier of 11-17-06 & 12-1-06 except they were just GUZ listings. I remember now the I-730 thing that didn't work before, and maybe on the wrong page. Maybe they don't like computer? Maybe they don't like ME? Maybe my Mother actually got up on the opposite side of the bed than normal today, I don't know, but this proceedure of yours don'ty worky for me-y? :D

from dnoblett:

For DHL I did this:

Select USA

A new page will open

Then Click Track

I got "No shipments found. Please revise criteria and resubmit" :D

So I put "Correspondence" in there instead of "I-730" and got the same answers I posted earlier of 11-17-06 & 12-1-06 except they were just GUZ listings. I remember now the I-730 thing that didn't work before, and maybe on the wrong page. Maybe they don't like computer? Maybe they don't like ME? Maybe my Mother actually got up on the opposite side of the bed than normal today, I don't know, but this proceedure of yours don'ty worky for me-y? :o

Here's the tracking on the NOV 7 package. Tracking number is 9206573375

Tracking history Help

Date and Time Status Location

11/30/2006 9:46 am Please contact DHL Guangzhou, China

11/10/2006 12:33 am At Gateway. Guangzhou, China

12:33 am On Hand. Guangzhou, China

12:33 am On Hand. Guangzhou, China

12:13 am Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

11/9/2006 4:28 pm Depart Facility. Kowloon, Hong Kong

12:39 pm Arrived at DHL facility. Kowloon, Hong Kong

11/8/2006 4:08 am Depart Facility. Wilmington, OH

11/7/2006 2:54 pm Picked Up by DHL. Shipper's Door

Ship From:

U.S.DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Portsmouth, NH 038012901

United States

Ship To:

Guangzhou, China

Shipment Information:

Ship date: 11/7/2006

Pieces: 3

Total weight: 14 lbs *

Attention:

U.S.DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Attention:

Ship Type: Document

Shipment Reference: I-730

Service: International Express

Special Service:

Description: US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS

Tracking detail provided by DHL: 12/9/2006, 10:55:06 am pt.

Track this number for the 9th. 9206063565

Edited by Duke (see edit history)

So it works for all Dukedom? :blink:

You will get different results by using the word Correspondence than with I-730, at least sometimes. I'm not sure what gets shipped under what reference but it would seem sometimes it's one and other times the other. You didn't find any shipments using I-730 and a date range of Nov 8 through 10 because there weren't any.

NVC does not tell you the day DHL picked up your package. They may say, it was sent on a certain day but we cannot be certain that date matches the DHL pickup day. I suggest you track packages a week before and after the date you are given and use both references. You only need reference, date and destination tariff point to make sure you're seeing packages from NVC to GUZ.

As Duke says:

You will get different results by using the word Correspondence than with I-730, at least sometimes. I'm not sure what gets shipped under what reference but it would seem sometimes it's one and other times the other.

I tried it both ways. With I-730, it says, "arrived at DHL facility." By typing in correspondence, it says "shipment delivered and signed by STAMP." Who the hell is STAMP? :)

As Duke says:

You will get different results by using the word Correspondence than with I-730, at least sometimes. I'm not sure what gets shipped under what reference but it would seem sometimes it's one and other times the other.

I tried it both ways. With I-730, it says, "arrived at DHL facility." By typing in correspondence, it says "shipment delivered and signed by STAMP." Who the hell is STAMP? :)

Ron I thought you new that STAMP is the GUZ signing Fairy :)

As Duke says:

Ron, if you'll compare the tracking numbers and details you'll see that when you use I-730 as the reference you'll find one shipment of 8 pieces, shipped from NVC on October 17. When you use correspondence as the reference you'll find two different shipments of 1 piece each. I cannot be certain which is your package or whether any "correspondence" would include petitions but what I can see is that almost all "correspondence" is delivered and signed for within 10 days and that about 90% of "I-730" packages take from one month to three months.

Since Consulate doesn't actually see the packages before they are delivered there has to be some way they are able to know which packages to breeze through customs and which ones to leave there until their darn good and ready to work on them. The best evidence I'm aware of as to how they are distinguished is by "reference" but I have good reason not to be very confident this is consistenly correct. I have a friend whose P3 came before this tracking method showed any package near his supposed shipping date was actually delivered. Somehow either exceptions are slipping through or we still don't have it figured out as well as we'd like to.

Not to be dumb, but I am. How can one check with DHL to see when they sign for things?

Thanks

dnoblett says to do it this way:

For DHL I did this:

Select USA

A new page will open

Then Click Track

This works but you need to know when your package was sent.

As Duke says:

I tried it both ways. With I-730, it says, "arrived at DHL facility." By typing in correspondence, it says "shipment delivered and signed by STAMP." Who the hell is STAMP? :D

Ron, you're almost there! I think this coming week GUZ will finally have your petition in their office. Your P3 should be sent to your SO sometimes within this month. I have a good feeling! :blink: