personally, I'll never understand why anyone would want to expend time and energy tracking.. it seems the most futile of exercises... but see this recent post:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21193

I agree with David it just seems to be a waste of energy & a good way to drive oneself crazy. A better approach might be to wait for 45 to 50 days from the date it was mailed and then call DOS. They can let you know if GUZ has picked up the package and logged it in to the computer. Good Luck!

I totally agree with you guys, when you are thinking about tracking the paperwork, you lose sleep and you waste your precious time, I suggest you spend the time on reading some good books or watching some good movies, since the DVDs in CHINA are so cheap.

Well, I would think that no matter what you have tried or will try, things will still be the same. The consulate will tell you all the time that they handle thousands of cases every month, and they are very busy and they will notify you soon..............

By "soon", I mean they don't care how painful you feel or how worried you are.

Good luck and god bless!

My best regards to your spouse!

FREEASABIRD

Thanks Guys,

I agree! I just see every ones time line and they have it arriving in Guz.

Thanks Again

Todd

Todd, I figure your package and mine may be in the same shipment. We just have to be patient. I know it's hard and we would like to follow that package right to someone's desk, but, we know better. Hopefully we will get some good news sooner than later. Ron :blink:

For DHL I did this:

GO to DHL Worldwide Express website http://www.dhl.com

Select USA

A new page will open

At the top highlight tracking and click on TRACK BY REFERENCE

In the Reference field type CORRESPONDENCE

For the Shipment date you should select a day before and after the date NVC said they sent your file.

Customer number leave blank

Origin Postal code should be 03801

Then Click Track

There are usually more than 1 package sent so track them both.

No need to call NVC and confuse the operator.

Though keep in mind, DHL indicating delivery dose not mean GUZ "Received" it, the cases remain in large boxes is a storage room for 2-3 months, then GUZ will "Receive" the cases.

I Emailed GUZ last week and they stated that they have the case in their computer, but have not "Received" the actual paperwork yet.

So the only satisfaction you will get from tracking is knowing that the case has made it from NVC to GUZ's storage room.

For DHL I did this:

GO to DHL Worldwide Express website http://www.dhl.com

Select USA

A new page will open

At the top highlight tracking and click on TRACK BY REFERENCE

In the Reference field type CORRESPONDENCE

For the Shipment date you should select a day before and after the date NVC said they sent your file.

Customer number leave blank

Origin Postal code should be 03801

Then Click Track

There are usually more than 1 package sent so track them both.

No need to call NVC and confuse the operator.

Though keep in mind, DHL indicating delivery dose not mean GUZ "Received" it, the cases remain in large boxes is a storage room for 2-3 months, then GUZ will "Receive" the cases.

I Emailed GUZ last week and they stated that they have the case in their computer, but have not "Received" the actual paperwork yet.

So the only satisfaction you will get from tracking is knowing that the case has made it from NVC to GUZ's storage room.

Someone suggested to type I-730 in the reference field. dnoblet it seems our petitions were sent at almost the same time.

Edited by stacato (see edit history)

So the bottom line is - once it flies out of NVC it's pretty much on its own. You just hope it has good wings. As others have said, it's pretty much a waste of time to try to track it. :o

Guest ShaQuaNew

While not an exact science, there is indeed some merit to tracking packages headed for GUZ. One can indeed get more than a general idea of what's going on. Now, while you can be sure that nothing will be happening with your paperwork until DOS acknowledges that it has received word that paperwork has been received at GUZ, it may help keep you busy during a very anxious time....

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15964

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15186

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15391

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15719

Jesse, many of the posts talk about receiving a "letter" from NVC stating when the packet was sent to GUZ. I received an email from NVC. I never received a letter through snail mail. My email states: "The visa petition you mentioned in your inquiry has recently been forwarded to the US Embassy/Consulate General. Please allow 10-15 business days for the Embassy/Consulate General to receive the petition." When members post that they received a "letter" is this what they are talking about and do I need to hang on to that email?

Edited by RLS (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

Jesse, many of the posts talk about receiving a "letter" from NVC stating when the packet was sent to GUZ. I received an email from NVC. I never received a letter through snail mail. My email states: "The visa petition you mentioned in your inquiry has recently been forwarded to the US Embassy/Consulate General. Please allow 10-15 business days for the Embassy/Consulate General to receive the petition." When members post that they received a "letter" is this what they are talking about and do I need to hang on to that email?

My guess is that your package was recently forwarded to GUZ; in looking at your timeline that seems to bear out. GUZ receives the electronic copy (scanned) of your paperwork immediately, but will not begin processing until they decide to have the hard-copy delivered to their offices. Notice that I said, "when they decide to have it delivered."

You should be receiving a letter via US mail in the next few days that parrots what you've already seen via email. Because it's impossible to tell the exact day that your paperwork was mailed, David and I decided to use the day indicated on the hard-copy letter for tracking purposes. This keeps the guessing out of the picture.

Now, with all that said, David has a valid point about whether or not any of this really matters, but again, I believe one can get a general idea of when GUZ will acknowledge receipt of paperwork by tracking packages, and looking at trends. The bottom line is that they really don't have it until DOS says they have it....

I haven't been looking at timelines much lately, but if memory serves me it seems that you can expect to wait about 2-4 months before they send out a p-3

:rolleyes:

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

The important information in that email is your GUZ number and the date. Beyond that it is simply a line on your timeline for reference. As long as you have your GUZ number you can call DOS for an update on you case any time. The next update will be that your case is logged in and received at GUZ, then that the P3 is sent. Those two events often happen the same day or within a day or two. Tracking earlier packages can give you a hint as to the time frame of NVC to GUZ login but it can be quite fluid.

I found tracking to be an interesting but not particularly useful exercise.