Looking for Chinese fruit

you can go to Ebay to buy somehttp://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&from=R10&satitle=lychee&sacat=11700%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=30439&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

They don't have the rambutan. Just Chinese lychee

I am from Zhanjiang , and I have been to the lychee plantation to pick fresh lychee several times, it tastes very good, but it easily get rotten.

and longan tastes good also, but I never picked them in the field.

My wife is from Zhanjiang also. We have been finding a lot of durians here, but some of my favorites like dragonfruit with the purple inside not the white and the star fruits are very difficult to locate. I believe because of the shelf life they probably spoil easily.We would go to the plantations in China and pick the dragonfruits in the field.

Yeah...that fruit is great...much better than Durian...which smells like the bottom of a dumpster. :D

But my wife loves it. The frozen one doesn't smell.

The durian's my wife picks out do not smell bad, she understands and makes sure there are not any crack and not overripe still hard, mostly not soft most are on the smaller size widest in the middle. The dragonfruits are my favorite with the purple flesh and black seeds.

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)

Yes they show a picture of the Rambutan. Now where can I purchase the plants or canned.

MMRC.....if ya anywheres near Tampa, FL you can purchase the Rambutan at Oceanic Oriental Supermarket, located in the Downtown area. Their address is 1609 N Tampa St.

Tampa, FL 33602...Tele# is 813-228-8110/254-2401 or fax 813-223-7707. They carry most hard to find Chinese fruits when in season and available......hope this helps... :D