Non-Immigrant Visa while waiting for CR2????

Some of you know my situation, but here it is again.

We applied for CR1 & CR2.

We applied for the K3 & K4 for wife and 6 year old daughter.

Wife went and got K3 but did not take daughter to get K4 because of school issues at the time. (What I thought isn't important at this point)

Now some plans have changed and wife wants to come visit me in the USA during Chinese New Year. She will return for many reasons and wait for CR1/2 interview.

She thinks she can get her daughter a travel visa. I figure she means a visitor visa B2.

We both made phone calls after I read up on it and send her links to read, etc. Get conflicting stories from the pay as you talk center. Sounds like appointments are easy to make and go in for the interview and bring lots of evidence that she will return. However one call wife makes, to I don't know who, says that the fact she is in line for a CR1/2 visa shows proof that she wants to immigrate and is reason for denial right there. SO wife is trying to figure out how to get a non-immigrant visa anyway.

Wife has a house, job, and college to go back to in Beijing. Daughter has school in Benxi where she lives with aunt right now.

Questions:

1) Has anyone tried this while waiting for an immigrant visa? Is it possible to get one while in waiting?

2) If denied how will this affect the CR2?

Any thoughts on my dumbass situation? (SuperWoman, my wife, I do love her, BUT........):roller:

Edited by SheLikesME (see edit history)

One members wife who had been issued a Business visa to the US many times and was unable to get one once she was married to a USC and the visa process had begun. It is highly doubtful she can get a visa to visit as her intentions to immigrate are clear because she is awaiting an interview and the DOS does not see owning half of China as a compelling reason to return once the visa process has begun, it is viewed as trying to bypass the system. :roller:

Getting setup for a K-2 interview took us 3 months from the time GZ received our request and I would expect the same thing for a K-4.

Now mom could come and return to China without any issue, but it is doubtful your daughter could make the trip by Chinese New Years unless you somehow managed to get the CR-1/2 interview before then.

One members wife who had been issued a Business visa to the US many times and was unable to get one once she was married to a USC and the visa process had begun. It is highly doubtful she can get a visa to visit as her intentions to immigrate are clear because she is awaiting an interview and the DOS does not see owning half of China as a compelling reason to return once the visa process has begun, it is viewed as trying to bypass the system. :)

Getting setup for a K-2 interview took us 3 months from the time GZ received our request and I would expect the same thing for a K-4.

Now mom could come and return to China without any issue, but it is doubtful your daughter could make the trip by Chinese New Years unless you somehow managed to get the CR-1/2 interview before then.

When we specified a date range that we desired for a K-2 interview, they sent the interview notice out the same day for an interview a week and a half later.

Email them now and tell them you would like to schedule an interview if at all possible during the date range appropriate for her.

• 2 weeks later...

Would you believe she passed the interview for a B-2 Visa???????????????? B)

Says she picks up the visa tomorrow. Or mailed to her? It was just a very short call. She went to Shenyang consulate. I didn't even know we had one up there.

I will get details later. Guess I need to plan on visitors? What do I do with a wife I havn't seen in.............Hmm Jan 15 arrival, will make it over a year.

WHY DO I EVER DOUBT THIS LADY??? :shutup2:

Is this a first or anything?

Calls for a poll.

Now this is a B2 Visitors Visa for a 6 year old daughter.

Wife has a K3.

I wrote a letter of invitation where I addressed everything clearly about the K3/4 and reasons she did not take daughter. Said we are waiting on the CR1/2 and is one of the reasons for returning. I also stated that we will obey the law and not apply for change of status for the wife or anything. I promiised I will be taking care of them and make sure they return. Never did sign it, just emailed to wife. Got her to get evidence of her house and job and her EMBA in Beijing. I had her get evidence of Feifei's school in Benxi. She took everything else (kitchen sink) she took to the K3 interview last Spetember.

I am elated. I am happy. Hey now I can clean the place up. I was really thinking how I just don't deserve the visit yet as I havn't prepared. I expected nothing. Well Sperwoman has proven herself to be just that. I will not express my negative thoughts about her finding a job while here on this visit to come back to when CR1/2 arrives, or will I? Sorry I don't see it.

Gee. I am at a loss for words.

Says she picks up the visa tomorrow. Or mailed to her? It was just a very short call. She went to Shenyang consulate. I didn't even know we had one up there.

I will get details later. Guess I need to plan on visitors? What do I do with a wife I havn't seen in.............Hmm Jan 15 arrival, will make it over a year.

Calls for a poll.

WoW, Doug Congrats

You best get than darn house cleaned and ready for some visitors.

O and hide the mop before she get there! I really have a sneaky feeling if

she finds the mop, that she will be useing for other things than cleaning

the floor.

Bobby/Emma

Calls for a poll.

WoW, Doug Congrats

You best get than darn house cleaned and ready for some visitors.

O and hide the mop before she get there! I really have a sneaky feeling if

she finds the mop, that she will be useing for other things than cleaning

the floor.

Bobby/Emma

Can YOU Believe THIS?

I wonder if I will wake up tomorrow or in a few hours and find out I missunderstood her. Man I love everybody right now. I'd probably act like a Hippie Flower child passing out a flower to everyone on the street. I'm even glad that ol toad Trigg is here in CFL Hahahahaha

Can YOU Believe THIS?

I wonder if I will wake up tomorrow or in a few hours and find out I missunderstood her. Man I love everybody right now. I'd probably act like a Hippie Flower child passing out a flower to everyone on the street. I'm even glad that ol toad Trigg is here in CFL Hahahahaha

Geezs Doug

Being a "Hippie Flower Child" is ok.

But handin out flowers and shouting "Give Peace a Chance"

I'm afraid folks in that one horse town of WitchaTaw may

find you a little strange.......

but whats new huh?

LOL

Bobby....