visa in hand now

Paula I am so happy for you. It was a hard thing I know to be penalized for telling the truth when you knew many others lied about it and passed. The good thing is it is over now and can't come back to haunt you later on. Congratulations.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CongratYOUlations, Paula.

Happy for you.

Wheel Man :D

:P Hello guys here, finally I got my visa and back my home tonight, so tired now, I need go to bed soon. I will give you a detail report tomorrow.

Thanks all for courage and support!!

Thanks men!!! :P Yes this visa is long process, but now it is over. I got IR1 visa, so it means I dont need deal with immigration after I get welcome letter in the US. Of course during this long waitting time, this forum helped me a lot. I learnt a lot and got so much moral support. It was really helpful. Honestly in most chinese eyes, we chinese women with american husbands should be very lucky women just because we can move to the US, but it is just superficial. Marriage is the same to every couple. We american chinese couple have many problems too, maybe be more than chinese couples, food , language, and culture. So how to keep our marriage going is really chanllenge for us chinese women. Besides we have to resign our good jobs here and move to the US. Like some husbands said here we will like infants in the US, and learn everything. Hopefully we chinese can herit intelligence from our ancestor to get used to new life quickly. :D

Here are detail information when I was consulate

I got notice suddenly on monday. There was no flight for me to guangzhou, so I took train , after 27 hours on the train, I finally got guangzhou realway station. That was 1:30pm Wednesday. On the notice it said to submit passport at 2pm to 3pm from monday to wednesday. there was no enough time left for me. luckly the subway in guangzhou is great, very fast. only 30mins later I was at consulate. probably because next day was thanksgiving day, there were only no more than 20 people back consulate that afternoon to proceed visa. most of us just sumbited passports, few submitted overcome materials. We were told back on friday afternoon to get result. It was good, as I thought consualte should have 2 days off for thanksgiving, but in fact only 1 day holiday. On the consualte hall, there were 30 people sitting there, when I was wondered what they were doing, I heard officer said" now it is time to give immigrant applicant results. when you heard your name called, please come here". I understood those people submited their passports on moday, so they were waitting for the blue or red slips.

I was back consualte at 2:30pm on friday afternoon, I was told to stay at the left hall, wow, there were many people there. around 30+ people sitting, 30+ people line up in 3 windows. later on I figured out, because friday is american citizen hour, american citizen were in right hall( which is immigration hall). left hall( which is non immigration hall) is for student, bussiness, relative visas. so even though there were over 80 peple there, but only 20+ were waitting for results of immigration visa. Because 3 visa officers interviewed appliants, it was very noisy. we finally were told to line up at window #14, and sumbit our ID card to get results. Most of us got red slips, only few, 4 or 5 got blue slips. I found a lady got blue slips and consulate returned her a big photo album and other stuff. sorry for her. :(

Saturday I took my mom went to zhuhai city. luxury bus from guangzhou to zhuhai is 60rmb/person.Zhuhai is very nice. small and clean . I like it. but weather was not good. It was raining when we got there. One guy offered a taxi to me. I bargined down to 80rmb. He drive us to see the Macao along the river. 1 hour driving later, he sent my mom and I to a big shopping mall,named gongbei shopping mall. I bought some bags, brand Gucci, of course faked ones. price is 60rmb each. I got 2 faked watch, one is sports watch, brand Casio, one is Rolex. totally 100rmb.

Sunday we went to Shenzhen by train, it was good, very fast, 1 hour 10mins, price is 70rmb/person. I have been Shenzhen 10 years ago, this time I found a lot changes. Wether in shenzhen was very hot, local people wear shirts and shorts. We visited a park, named world windows. this time price of park is higher than 10 years ago, now it is 120rmb/ person.3 hours in the park. After that we went to shopping center, named Laojie. This time I understood what the chinese population is !! so many people there shopping. It took me 30 mins to wait for a bathroom at KFC. We didnt buy anything there, back guangzhou at 7pm.

Monday we went to shopping for suitcases. the shopping mall named zhong gang leather mall, I bought 2 big suitcases, one is 30", one is 28", brand fido dido, totally 450rmb. I bought 3 purse( 2 male, 1 female) brand LV, quality looks pretty good, price is 180rmb. I also got a LV handbag, price is 180rmb.

Tuesday morning we walked to post office at 8:10am. It was not far away from consualte , if you walk slowly, it is around 30 mins. When we got post office, it was 8:30am, only 2 people waitting there. post office let us wait untill 9am, we finally got visa in hand. I also bought some christmas cards in that post office, they looks much prettier and cheaper than my city.

untill 10am we left post office, I noticed only 6 people that morning picked up visa.

Wednesday I bought 3 pants and 1 shirt at store next to consualte, the price is not bad, cost me 355rmb.the owner of the store said those clothes are export. 4pm we took airport express to airport, one is 21rmb with insurance. at 10pm I finally got my own house.

the whole trip is little long, but resulte is good. One thing I regret is I didnt go to a shpping mall for pearl nakelace. I heard pearl nakelace in guangzhou is pretty cheap.

anyway thanks you all here again.

Glad to see that you have your Visa and your waiver went through, that was a hard pill to swallow just about getting the visa only to have it held up because of your former affiliation with the CPC.

Congratulations on finally getting the visa! :roller:

Thanks men!!! :) Yes this visa is long process, but now it is over. I got IR1 visa, so it means I dont need deal with immigration after I get welcome letter in the US. Of course during this long waitting time, this forum helped me a lot. I learnt a lot and got so much moral support. It was really helpful. Honestly in most chinese eyes, we chinese women with american husbands should be very lucky women just because we can move to the US, but it is just superficial. Marriage is the same to every couple. We american chinese couple have many problems too, maybe be more than chinese couples, food , language, and culture. So how to keep our marriage going is really chanllenge for us chinese women. Besides we have to resign our good jobs here and move to the US. Like some husbands said here we will like infants in the US, and learn everything. Hopefully we chinese can herit intelligence from our ancestor to get used to new life quickly. :rolleyes:

Here are detail information when I was consulate

I got notice suddenly on monday. There was no flight for me to guangzhou, so I took train , after 27 hours on the train, I finally got guangzhou realway station. That was 1:30pm Wednesday. On the notice it said to submit passport at 2pm to 3pm from monday to wednesday. there was no enough time left for me. luckly the subway in guangzhou is great, very fast. only 30mins later I was at consulate. probably because next day was thanksgiving day, there were only no more than 20 people back consulate that afternoon to proceed visa. most of us just sumbited passports, few submitted overcome materials. We were told back on friday afternoon to get result. It was good, as I thought consualte should have 2 days off for thanksgiving, but in fact only 1 day holiday. On the consualte hall, there were 30 people sitting there, when I was wondered what they were doing, I heard officer said" now it is time to give immigrant applicant results. when you heard your name called, please come here". I understood those people submited their passports on moday, so they were waitting for the blue or red slips.

I was back consualte at 2:30pm on friday afternoon, I was told to stay at the left hall, wow, there were many people there. around 30+ people sitting, 30+ people line up in 3 windows. later on I figured out, because friday is american citizen hour, american citizen were in right hall( which is immigration hall). left hall( which is non immigration hall) is for student, bussiness, relative visas. so even though there were over 80 peple there, but only 20+ were waitting for results of immigration visa. Because 3 visa officers interviewed appliants, it was very noisy. we finally were told to line up at window #14, and sumbit our ID card to get results. Most of us got red slips, only few, 4 or 5 got blue slips. I found a lady got blue slips and consulate returned her a big photo album and other stuff. sorry for her. :(

Saturday I took my mom went to zhuhai city. luxury bus from guangzhou to zhuhai is 60rmb/person.Zhuhai is very nice. small and clean . I like it. but weather was not good. It was raining when we got there. One guy offered a taxi to me. I bargined down to 80rmb. He drive us to see the Macao along the river. 1 hour driving later, he sent my mom and I to a big shopping mall,named gongbei shopping mall. I bought some bags, brand Gucci, of course faked ones. price is 60rmb each. I got 2 faked watch, one is sports watch, brand Casio, one is Rolex. totally 100rmb.

Sunday we went to Shenzhen by train, it was good, very fast, 1 hour 10mins, price is 70rmb/person. I have been Shenzhen 10 years ago, this time I found a lot changes. Wether in shenzhen was very hot, local people wear shirts and shorts. We visited a park, named world windows. this time price of park is higher than 10 years ago, now it is 120rmb/ person.3 hours in the park. After that we went to shopping center, named Laojie. This time I understood what the chinese population is !! so many people there shopping. It took me 30 mins to wait for a bathroom at KFC. We didnt buy anything there, back guangzhou at 7pm.

Monday we went to shopping for suitcases. the shopping mall named zhong gang leather mall, I bought 2 big suitcases, one is 30", one is 28", brand fido dido, totally 450rmb. I bought 3 purse( 2 male, 1 female) brand LV, quality looks pretty good, price is 180rmb. I also got a LV handbag, price is 180rmb.

Tuesday morning we walked to post office at 8:10am. It was not far away from consualte , if you walk slowly, it is around 30 mins. When we got post office, it was 8:30am, only 2 people waitting there. post office let us wait untill 9am, we finally got visa in hand. I also bought some christmas cards in that post office, they looks much prettier and cheaper than my city.

untill 10am we left post office, I noticed only 6 people that morning picked up visa.

Wednesday I bought 3 pants and 1 shirt at store next to consualte, the price is not bad, cost me 355rmb.the owner of the store said those clothes are export. 4pm we took airport express to airport, one is 21rmb with insurance. at 10pm I finally got my own house.

the whole trip is little long, but resulte is good. One thing I regret is I didnt go to a shpping mall for pearl nakelace. I heard pearl nakelace in guangzhou is pretty cheap.

anyway thanks you all here again.

Great story, Paula!

You sound much more relaxed and relieved than from your previous topics, and it sounds like you had fun on your trip to GZ as well. Good for you!

Congratulations again on getting your visa.

Glad to see that you have your Visa and your waiver went through, that was a hard pill to swallow just about getting the visa only to have it held up because of your former affiliation with the CPC.

Congratulations on finally getting the visa! :blink:

seeing someone get past the CPC issue is indeed great to see.

Lessons from Paula's experience may be two fold:

1) Run like hell once you get the interview approval :)

2) Tell the truth to any question asked :o

Different documents have the CPC membership question posed in slightly different ways.. so if involved (even formerly involved), it is asked.