"Letter of Intent"

When my wife went to her K1 interview, she said the VO thumbed through the whole file and stopped at the letter of intent and read both our letters. Because this seemed very important, I wrote a thread about it. Here is the link which includes our letters.... http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=16236&hl=

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)

Regarding the "Letter of Intent"

How detailed should this letter be or should it be kept as simple as the sample "Letter of Intent" that I have viewed with the link provided on this site?

How have some of you completed this required document?

Thanks.

I suggest keeping it simple, remember someone has to read this an accept it and if you get too detailed they could ask for clarification.

It doesn't need to be elegant, but just cover the basics. Here is the text of what I sent:

MMM dd, yyyy

In regards to: Petition for Alien Fianc¨¦e for XXXXXXX a citizen of the People¡¯s Republic of China.

Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services

USCIS Nebraska Service Center

P.O. Box 87130

Lincoln, NE 68501-7130

To Whom It May Concern:

I began corresponding with XXXXXXX on MMM dd, yyyy. We have written to each other daily and spoken on the telephone often.

On mmm dd, yyyy I arrived in China to meet her and her family. I spent two weeks in China and have asked XXXXXXXX to marry me and she has agreed to become my wife and partner in life.

I am filing a Petition for Alien Fianc¨¦e so that she may join me in the United States and we can be married as soon as possible. I intend for us to be married within 90 days of her arrival to the United States, my desire is we will be married immediately upon her arrival in the United States.

It is my hope that you will assist to expedite the processing of this visa request so that we can be together as soon as possible. Until that time I will return to be with the woman I love every few months until she arrives and we become husband and wife.

Sincerely,

Her letter was like this:

MMM dd, yyyy

Dear US Government,

My name is XXXXXXXX. I have known XXXXXXX since MMM dd, yyyy and love him very much. He makes me very happy. He is a kind and considerate person. I want to marry him as soon as possible. When I come to the United States, Leander and I will be married within 90 days.

Sincerely,

Regarding the "Letter of Intent"

How detailed should this letter be or should it be kept as simple as the sample "Letter of Intent" that I have viewed with the link provided on this site?

How have some of you completed this required document?

Thanks.

I suggest keeping it simple, remember someone has to read this an accept it and if you get too detailed they could ask for clarification.

It doesn't need to be elegant, but just cover the basics. Here is the text of what I sent:

MMM dd, yyyy

In regards to: Petition for Alien Fianc¨¦e for XXXXXXX a citizen of the People¡¯s Republic of China.

Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services

USCIS Nebraska Service Center

P.O. Box 87130

Lincoln, NE 68501-7130

To Whom It May Concern:

I began corresponding with XXXXXXX on MMM dd, yyyy. We have written to each other daily and spoken on the telephone often.

On mmm dd, yyyy I arrived in China to meet her and her family. I spent two weeks in China and have asked XXXXXXXX to marry me and she has agreed to become my wife and partner in life.

I am filing a Petition for Alien Fianc¨¦e so that she may join me in the United States and we can be married as soon as possible. I intend for us to be married within 90 days of her arrival to the United States, my desire is we will be married immediately upon her arrival in the United States.

It is my hope that you will assist to expedite the processing of this visa request so that we can be together as soon as possible. Until that time I will return to be with the woman I love every few months until she arrives and we become husband and wife.

Sincerely,

Her letter was like this:

MMM dd, yyyy

Dear US Government,

My name is XXXXXXXX. I have known XXXXXXX since MMM dd, yyyy and love him very much. He makes me very happy. He is a kind and considerate person. I want to marry him as soon as possible. When I come to the United States, Leander and I will be married within 90 days.

Sincerely,

I agree with Lee, keep it simple. Ours was short, simple and hand written. No questions. No extra scrutiny by the VO.

Hers:

To whom it may concern:

I, xxxxxx, after knowing xxxxxx for 4 months promise to marry him. He asked me to marry on March 24, 2004 and I accepted his proposal and he gave me an engagement ring.

Dated and Signed

Mine:

To whom it may concern:

I, xxxxx, after having known xxxxx for 4 months proposed marriage to her on March 24, 2004. She accepted my proposal and I gave her an engagement ring.

I promise to marry her within 90 days of her arrival wn the United States of America.

Dated and Signed

It only needs to state your intentions of marriage within the appropriate time frame. The more detailed you make it, the more apt you will create questions where there were none. If you mentioned how you met, keep it short and sweet.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

I wrote on line 18 of the I-129F petition the following:

We met in Nanning, China during (month/Year) and we found we are compatible with each other and love each other.

In addition, we each wrote the following letter:

Letter of Intent to Marry Within 90 Days of Entry

MY FULL NAME IN CAPS

MY ADDRESS IN BOLD PRINT..INCLUDE USA BELOW CITY, STATE AND ZIP CODE

Date

United States Department of State

USCIS

United States Consulate Guangzhou, China

To Whom It May Concern

I, (My Full Name), do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (her last name, first name), a Chinese citizen and intend to do so within 90 days of her admission into the United States.

Signature of Applicant,

My Full Name Signature

of course reverse everything in her letter.

NOTE: THE ONLY CENTERING ON THE PAGE IS THE "LETTER OF INTENT" AND "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN". EVERTHING ELSE IS LEFT MARGIN...

Just some more food for thought....sorry no pun intended...I just get carried away as a chef... :blink:

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)

Here's another question. Since my original letter is now somewhat "old" is it necessary to update it? :)

The only letters of intent we used were sent with the I-129F.

Never updated them. Updates were never requested.

Same here.

Ours were very simple as seen on VJ for the I-129F. No problems.

Her statement, signed by her, and my statement.