The Nightmare Continues...

I talked to my fiance last night about her upcoming change of address in China. She doesn't think it will be a problem because her cell phone number will not change. She said the consulate uses EMS, China's version of DHL. If they can't deliver the package, they always call the listed number. She can make arrangements to pick up any correspondence at the shipping office. Could anyone at, or past that stage in the process comment on this information?

they always call the listed number.

I would change 'always' to 'might'...

Yes, I recall people saying they have received a call.. but I also recall too many stories of people not getting their P3, or it getting sent to the USC address instead...

I do think that her cell phone being listed on the original petition should be used by them, if needed.. but I don't think there are any guarantees it always happens. I'd keep current address updated as best as possible.

I talked to my fiance last night about her upcoming change of address in China. She doesn't think it will be a problem because her cell phone number will not change. She said the consulate uses EMS, China's version of DHL. If they can't deliver the package, they always call the listed number. She can make arrangements to pick up any correspondence at the shipping office. Could anyone at, or past that stage in the process comment on this information?

Here is our recent experience (Sept). My wife moved and our case was in route to Guz from NVC. Her cell number didn't change. I had my wife email me her new address in Chinese characters and then I copied and pasted them into a word document, and then faxed the new address to the consulate (number below). On the fax I put the Guz case number and her phone number even though it hadn't changed. I sent an email to them as a follow up. I received a response from the consulate in three or four days to the email that said "do not worry we have her telephone number and will call to update the new address." However, I do not think they call everyone...maybe the case is flagged on their computer when you send a fax/email that the address needs to be updated. Anyway they called on 10/25 to confirm the new address, which they did have because my wife couldn't remember the zip code and the man said no problem he had it. We received the P3 at the correct new address a few days later. The P3 packet does get mailed via EMS and yes the delivery person will telephone if it can't be delivered...they even telephone when she is not home and she has asked them to return later and they have done that too (I have mailed documents via postal Express Mail from the states - this is EMS).

Fax number for consulate - 011 86 20 3884-4412

You need to email them from their website - the form entry says it will only take English.

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/contactiv.html

Good luck,

Smiling Paul

Edited by SmilingPaul (see edit history)

Question for those trying to change address for P3 and P4.

It sounds like you are sending a certified letter or faxing the request.

Are you sending a letter requesting the change or actually sending a DS-3032?

The DS-3032 is called "Choice of Address and Agent" form. It appears to be used for several reasons with Immigrant Visa Applications. Even so, it reads like you could use it for K-style visas as well.

1. Change of lawyer handling case.

2. Change of beneficiaries address.

3. Cancellation of visa process.

The sticky part is like AOS, it needs to come from your fiancee/spouse with their signature. I am guessing they can not really make any changes permenant in their file without some kind of official form.

Ron, I'm guessing cerebral hemorrhage's posts were pulled by a moderator.

You're probably right. It was an overload of good tips and suggestions -- just too much for anyone to digest in one sitting. Sorry Stephen - I'll stop my rant right here. :rolleyes:

Ha ha! I guess cerebral hemorrhage must have pulled his post or pulled something! :shutup:

RLS,

Stopped by from a interlude in Ontario, where I'm working for next three weeks. Since you appear to have problems reading the "new post" let me help you!

"Stephen,

You're absolutely right! Who am I to interrupt people that have the wrong address on their application?

This one rates up there with the man I saw filing his paperwork (Direct Consular Filing) written out in pink ink, I mentioned in a past post

Best of luck! You'll need it!

Dave"

I suppose the "cerberal hemorage" needs to get a dry erase board and paint pictures on the board and draw a diagram for you! Maybe....you'll find your way somehow!

Say,are you attempting to start a flame war by deliberatly try to get a rise from me with such a sage, clever well-thought and read person like yourself? Obviously, reading comprehension [sic] ain't your strong suit!

In short RLS, let me help you past your weak misfortune that has unfortunately been bequeathed upon you!......... I pulled it!

Sorry! You ain't worth the time and/or effort.

Let the flame war go! Alright? Want to have a flame war? PM me! Don't do it in the General Visa sector!

Have a nice day!

Edited by Cerberus (see edit history)

You know what really burns my ars?

A flame about ars high. :shutup: :ph34r: :lol: :huh:

I think I missed something. I have no idea what this is about.

You know if I had put the wrong address on the application. I would be sending in another aplication (maybe) Depends on if I could find another woman who was willing to try. :D :D :P Heck my wife is already pissed that we both got stupid and agreed to putting her as the agent on the CR1/2. Hahahaha, what fools we were. The joke is on us, but who gets the blame for not being home, due to visiting son on a trip and delaying the response one more week. Well we did change the agent to me and so far the mail is correct. Call me a duuuuuuuumbars!!!!!!

Doug

I'll PM you. Just got back to hotel, tired and a 14 hour day. I really don't want to continue what RLS is attempting to pull. After all! I am completely outmatched! LOL!

Dave

Oh, man, you got me. I deleted it. Hahahahahahaha, COOL!!!

No need to tell me.

Well, at least I had a dumbass story in there somewhere. I am SOOOOOO STUUUUPID!!

:shutup:

PS: I keep getting you mixed up with cosmiclobster when I see the mail and sometimes respond weird like I referred to you in another thread in meant him. Yeah I be :ph34r:

PS to ALL: I like his avatar. especially that right eyeball coming out and slinging all over the place.

Edited by SheLikesME (see edit history)

No need to tell me.

Well, at least I had a dumbass story in there somewhere. I am SOOOOOO STUUUUPID!!

:blink:

PS: I keep getting you mixed up with cosmiclobster when I see the mail and sometimes respond weird like I referred to you in another thread in meant him. Yeah I be :blink:

PS to ALL: I like his avatar. especially that right eyeball coming out and slinging all over the place.

The personal attack crap needs to stop now or this thread will be locked. I would delete all of them but at this point it has been up long enough for everyone to have read them anyway. Please put the thread back on topic.

No need to tell me.

:)

PS: I keep getting you mixed up with cosmiclobster when I see the mail and sometimes respond weird like I referred to you in another thread in meant him. Yeah I be :)

The personal attack crap needs to stop now or this thread will be locked. I would delete all of them but at this point it has been up long enough for everyone to have read them anyway. Please put the thread back on topic.

Carl,

Done! That is why I backed off and pulled my response myself! Get back to the OP! I don't have a problem here in the least!

Better talk to the other party involved and see what he thinks? I am still the same person!

Dave