New Members to CFL

By the way, lostinblue, I am renting an apartment, arranged by Aiwen, for my visit. Do I need to go to the local police station there to register? I've registered my itinerary with the Consulate already....

Steve

This I do not know if you have to then . I understand if you stay at her place you need to register, I cannot see why it would not hurt to have it done at police station.It is a 10 minute process. You do get an offical form from a government agency stamped and certified saying you were at that location at that time.In my mind it does not hurt to have going into this process. I think it is excellent proof of being there. There is a sign at my SO parents housing complex that state if even a chinese person stayed there for longer than 3 weeks or so for a visit they even have to register with the police. This is to prevent the movement of the population from one place in china to the other.

I just found this....

From this website.

On March 1, 2006, a new Public Security Law went into effect that gives police new powers, including the authority to detain and deport foreigners, relating to the commission of a wide range of offenses. The list of offenses has been expanded to include certain religious activities and prostitution-related crimes.

Americans in China, who are not staying at hotels, including Americans who are staying with friends or relatives, must register with local police as soon as they arrive. Otherwise, they may be fined up to 500 RMB per day

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1089.html

Thanks, Lostinblue,

I'll register with the local police station. I arrive late Friday night, so we will go first thing Saturday morning and take care of this. One more piece of documentation! Good!

Steve

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to both Steve and Aiwen

My fiance , although not originally from Nanning, lived there for many years. It's where I traveled to 3 times to see her during this god-forsaken journey.

I am counting the hours. She and her daughter Lingyi are in the air now between Guangzhou and Tokyo. After a brief layover, it's a straight shot to Detroit. They arrive about 1:30 Friday afternoon.

You will get bumped and bruised, feel elated and depressed, want to laugh, want to cry, curse USCIS, DOS, GUZ, wonder aloud why in HELL you ever wanted to fly to China, but in the end.....

In the end, when all is said and done, when your Aiwen is at your side, to be with you for the rest of your life...well, then you have even more hoops to jump through. EAD, Green Card, SSA...sorry, I digress.

Welcome to Trigg's nightmare. He thinks you're going to like it. (Ok, so he plagerized Alice Cooper, a Detroit native).

It ain't easy, but it is surely worth it. Oh yeah, if you ever need to vent, you go right ahead. We are here to listen. Just don't flame RLS (Ron). He's a little touchy about that.

Right, ole Buddy???

Mike

Thanks, MIke,

Sounds like, from your timeline, ya got caught in the IMBRA logjam. It's been pretty much cleared up, at least for the most part. I think we are looking at 6-10 months for our processing, unless something happens. I will just have to be patient and stay up on the changes. I already got the Cheetos stocked up...lol.....

I know you are on top of the world right now, since your love is now in the US. I am most certainly looking forward to that day myself! I see from your timeline it took 11 months for you guys.

Let us know, when you come up for air(grin) how things are going.

Steve

Welcome Steve and Aiwen. Yan is from Nanning as well. You will surely enjoy China, Nanning and its people.

The only advice I can give you is DO NOT LISTEN TO TRIGG!!!!!

Sorry if I get a little off topic....Ugly as hell Trigg, his beautiful and charming wife and equally beautiful and charming daughters came to visit Yan and I. Shortly after he left, my computer was destroyed by some unknown viruses, my mini-van blew its radiator, dishwasher got fried and Minnie Mouse keeps calling me wanting his phone number. :roller: :roller:

Michael,

I guess I am in for trouble also, as Trigg and his lovely wife are(so far) the closest couple I have found to me. They live about 2 hours drive away, I would guess. I'm about an hour and a half from Nashville. Do you reccomend a pre-exorcism as a precaution? (Laughing)

Steve

I thought the phrase was "bold face lie" instead of "BALD face lie", is it Tennessee or me?

I never received my Triggtionary!

OMG, so your next to our ambassador of ????. You'll find out later, but first ya musta ben issueed u owen coppied of hes Triggtionary. It has his very own spell checker with a list common everyday phrases.

Oh, it's okay to listen to Trigg before you get it, cause ya ain't goona understand him. Once you get it your gonna be shaking your head so hard you might need your very own CFL head restraint to keep from breaking your neck.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

By the way, lostinblue, I am renting an apartment, arranged by Aiwen, for my visit. Do I need to go to the local police station there to register? I've registered my itinerary with the Consulate already....

Steve

Welcome to CFL Steve and Aiwen, I have been to China 3 times and I have never registered with the police department. I wish you luck. I'm from the Atlanta area, there are a few members from Georgia here, some wives are in the process, but some are happily here and thriving. You will enjoy China. There is even a Walmart in Nanning... near the walmart is a few photo place where you can have your pictures taken... if you get your passport picture taken here you can go to CVS and have 4 taken for like $7. and you can use one of those pictures for the K1 process.

Welcome Steve and Aiwen. Yan is from Nanning as well. You will surely enjoy China, Nanning and its people.

Sorry if I get a little off topic....Ugly as hell Trigg, his beautiful and charming wife and equally beautiful and charming daughters came to visit Yan and I. Shortly after he left, my computer was destroyed by some unknown viruses, my mini-van blew its radiator, dishwasher got fried and Minnie Mouse keeps calling me wanting his phone number. :roller: :roller:

Michael,

I guess I am in for trouble also, as Trigg and his lovely wife are(so far) the closest couple I have found to me. They live about 2 hours drive away, I would guess. I'm about an hour and a half from Nashville. Do you reccomend a pre-exorcism as a precaution? (Laughing)

Steve

Hmmmmmmmmm, just two hours away! Me thinks me sees a free meal in my future!!--Medium rare please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael,

Steve

Hmmmmmmmmm, just two hours away! Me thinks me sees a free meal in my future!!--Medium rare please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you ought to offer up some of those choice steaks for the occasion. That is, unless ML has already chopped them up. :roller:

I've got a 1,300 pound steer that is gonna meet his maker next month--Even she can't chop that much meat up for the wok!!

Steve, medium rare please!!! What time should we come??? Gotta be soon so I can hand deliver a fresh copy of the Triggtioanary (price to be discussed later)

Welcome to both Steve and Aiwen

My fiance , although not originally from Nanning, lived there for many years. It's where I traveled to 3 times to see her during this god-forsaken journey.

I am counting the hours. She and her daughter Lingyi are in the air now between Guangzhou and Tokyo. After a brief layover, it's a straight shot to Detroit. They arrive about 1:30 Friday afternoon.

You will get bumped and bruised, feel elated and depressed, want to laugh, want to cry, curse USCIS, DOS, GUZ, wonder aloud why in HELL you ever wanted to fly to China, but in the end.....

In the end, when all is said and done, when your Aiwen is at your side, to be with you for the rest of your life...well, then you have even more hoops to jump through. EAD, Green Card, SSA...sorry, I digress.

Welcome to Trigg's nightmare. He thinks you're going to like it. (Ok, so he plagerized Alice Cooper, a Detroit native).

It ain't easy, but it is surely worth it. Oh yeah, if you ever need to vent, you go right ahead. We are here to listen. Just don't flame RLS (Ron). He's a little touchy about that.

Right, ole Buddy???

Mike

Thanks, MIke,

Sounds like, from your timeline, ya got caught in the IMBRA logjam. It's been pretty much cleared up, at least for the most part. I think we are looking at 6-10 months for our processing, unless something happens. I will just have to be patient and stay up on the changes. I already got the Cheetos stocked up...lol.....

I know you are on top of the world right now, since your love is now in the US. I am most certainly looking forward to that day myself! I see from your timeline it took 11 months for you guys.

Let us know, when you come up for air(grin) how things are going.

Steve

Actually, we started pre-IMBRA. We fell into a Black Hole in January, and didn't resurface for a while. Then there was an extra name check, and finally a Blue Slip. But that's all behind us now. They arrive at DTW (Detroit) in 2 hours. I can tell that I am getting REALLY nervous, as I am eating everything I can get my hands on..... :roller:

Edited by Michael and Manyun (see edit history)

Steve

Steve, someone needs to do that very thing. I don't have personal experience with it as I've stayed in hotels. During the one exception my wife's brother-in-law did (he's a cop). I don't know the details but chalk it up as an adventure when you go do it and tell us about it.

Steve

Steve, someone needs to do that very thing. I don't have personal experience with it as I've stayed in hotels. During the one exception my wife's brother-in-law did (he's a cop). I don't know the details but chalk it up as an adventure when you go do it and tell us about it.

Steve...Bob

I had to fill this form out durning my last stay in the summer. The

police drop a few of these forms at our apartment a month or so before

I got there. I have stayed there a few other times and never had to fill

this form out but, I see where it was a new law in March of this year.

Simple and easy. Only ask for my name and address in the states,

phone #, passport #, date enterd and date expected to leave, and

seems like the flight #. The name address of the people I was staying

with. Its not much different than the from you fill out on the plane to

turn into customs

Guess they wanted to make sure they know the where abouts of all

the foreigners.

Bobby....

Steveand Aiwen - welcome to CFL. The folks here are, shall we say, fantastic and sometimes a little weird. You will like it here. We are your support - lean when you have to.

Right, ole Buddy???

Michael, I don't know what you are talking about. And Steve, don't listen to Michael, he's too much in love. Manyun is practically sitting on his lap about now.

Good luck on your journey! :roller:

Edited by RLS (see edit history)

Steve

Welcome to CFL Steve and Aiwen, I have been to China 3 times and I have never registered with the police department. I wish you luck. I'm from the Atlanta area, there are a few members from Georgia here, some wives are in the process, but some are happily here and thriving. You will enjoy China. There is even a Walmart in Nanning... near the walmart is a few photo place where you can have your pictures taken... if you get your passport picture taken here you can go to CVS and have 4 taken for like $7. and you can use one of those pictures for the K1 process.

I'm taking my digital camera and will make tons of pics, email them to myself, burn to cd on my laptop, etc. Hope the walmart has photo shop to do prints...Aiwen says the Walmart is nearby, so I guess I'll find out what the Chinese greeters at the door are like, lol.,,,

Steve

Sorry if I get a little off topic....Ugly as hell Trigg, his beautiful and charming wife and equally beautiful and charming daughters came to visit Yan and I. Shortly after he left, my computer was destroyed by some unknown viruses, my mini-van blew its radiator, dishwasher got fried and Minnie Mouse keeps calling me wanting his phone number. :D ;)

Michael,

Steve

HA! With these trips to China in Nov and Feb(so far planned) I'm gonna be eating peanut butter and ketchup soup for a month! Maybe we need to organize a CFL party in Nashvegas this winter to shake off the cabin fever...btw, got my passport and Chinese visa today....woo hoo,,,,,

Steve

Sorry if I get a little off topic....Ugly as hell Trigg, his beautiful and charming wife and equally beautiful and charming daughters came to visit Yan and I. Shortly after he left, my computer was destroyed by some unknown viruses, my mini-van blew its radiator, dishwasher got fried and Minnie Mouse keeps calling me wanting his phone number. :D ;)

Michael,

Steve

Maybe you ought to offer up some of those choice steaks for the occasion. That is, unless ML has already chopped them up. :roller:

I've got a 1,300 pound steer that is gonna meet his maker next month--Even she can't chop that much meat up for the wok!!

Steve, medium rare please!!! What time should we come??? Gotta be soon so I can hand deliver a fresh copy of the Triggtioanary (price to be discussed later)

I got the grill if you got the meat.....I live across the street from the hang gliding park just outside Chattanooga....great place to come hide out for the weekend...cabins and rv park onsite....

Steve