I called the service center this morning, and.....disappointed!&#3

Dear friends on Candleforlove,

I am kinda depressed today. I called the Guangzhou Consulate Service Center, (the kind of calls you need to buy a phone card at CITIC BANK beforehand).

However, I called them, and the girl that answered the call was really sweet and nice, but she said, "Sir, I am sorry, your file still hasn't arrived in GUZ, our computer system doesn't have any record of your case file."

And then I said:" Well, the email from NVC said that they had forwarded my case to GUZ on June 28, now it has been over 120 days. WHY IS THAT MY CASE FILE IS STILL NOT IN GUZ? It just doesn't make any sense to me, I was told it would only take 60----120 days from NVC to GUZ!!!" that girl was still very nice, she said:"Sir, don't worry, it all depends, different people have different situations." (I guess she meant different lucks) . She added:" Why don't you wait for a couple of days, and call again?"

OH MAN! I guess I belong to the unlucky group of visa applicants.

HOW LONG? HOW LONG? HOW LONG?

I am losing my sleep, losing my patience, losing my mind!!!!

What should I do now?

SOS

FREE AS A SAD BIRD

OH MAN! I guess I belong to the unlucky group of visa applicants.

HOW LONG? HOW LONG? HOW LONG?

I am losing my sleep, losing my patience, losing my mind!!!!

What should I do now?

SOS

FREE AS A SAD BIRD

Go Crazy! It's the only thing that helps. :ph34r:

Just don't hurt anybody. :blink:

I'm not too proud of it, but I went nuts in the Twisted Candle and Polls. Just an idea.

I would call back in a few days. I have no idea how one traces the package. Some here probably do though.

I would contact DOS and NVC about this, if it has taken that long, your petition would have expired before it would have been entered into the system there at the consulate, the consulate can extend the approval as long as they do it before it expires.

I know that GUZ stores cases for up to 2 months before they "receive" them into their system, but more than 4 is excessive.

Good luck!

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I don't know how that phone number worked for others, however, it never worked for me. I remember calling them before my package3 and all they can tell me is: I am sorry, your package has not arrived yet. When I call them for the appointment, they pretty much give me the same answer. I even tried to call them AFTER I received the email from DOS which given me a interview date already just to see if the phone number works. Nope. She said, no date for me yet! Then I asked, I've got an email from DOS which already has a date for me... she goes... maybe the computer hasn't updated yet.

My point is: don't get disappointed now, your package3 might be on it's way!

Also, by following the DHL tracking number, you can get a rough idea of when is your package3 might be arrive. From your situation, I guess you are experiencing the custom delay but I have to agree that three months is frustrating. Best of luck!

Do a CFL search of "DHL" and navigate through and to what works for you best.

With the exact date from the NVC of when they mailed your petition, call DHL and get the waybill number of the package(s) mailed on that particular day.

You can keep track of the status of the package(s).

This will give you an idea of what's going on. It's not an exact science but it's pretty damn close! At least it will give you some piece of mind and a little control over the situation.

That's what I did and I was right on the money with it. At the time, my petition, along with many others, was in limbo for 71 days.

-good luck