Weekly Call to DOS... And?

CONGRATULATIONS!!! : )

I had hoped to have my SO here by Christmas when we filed our petition last March, but it did not work out that way. I may be in China for Christmas, but I will be returning home alone.

Well looks like I'll be in China for Christmas. Wife finally got the interview date... 9.7 months. Maybe, with luck, we will be here by New Years :o

Congratulations!! Have fun, how many people can say they spent Christmas in China?! :D

Well looks like I'll be in China for Christmas. Wife finally got the interview date... 9.7 months. Maybe, with luck, we will be here by New Years :)

Congratulations!! Have fun, how many people can say they spent Christmas in China?! :D

Brrrrrrr ... I can. Be prepared to buy lots of long underwear and goose down filled apparel. It's really cold. In Chongqing it's bone chilling cold and damp. Too much for a SoCal guy!

:cold:

Well looks like I'll be in China for Christmas. Wife finally got the interview date... 9.7 months. Maybe, with luck, we will be here by New Years :)

Brrrrrrr ... I can. Be prepared to buy lots of long underwear and goose down filled apparel. It's really cold. In Chongqing it's bone chilling cold and damp. Too much for a SoCal guy!

:lol:

Congrats Stephen!!!

I agree with Jim it's cold as heck in Chongqing, "REALLY COLD"

but the water bed was always nice and warm!

Spend 2004 CNY in Shanghai and 2005 CNY in Chongqing

Chongqing is by far a lot colder, Us Texicans are not used to that

cold and damp weather

Bobby....

Edited by sleepless in Houston&CQ (see edit history)
Well looks like I'll be in China for Christmas. Wife finally got the interview date... 9.7 months. Maybe, with luck, we will be here by New Years :lol:

Congratulations!! Have fun, how many people can say they spent Christmas in China?! :)

I have several times. A few times in Shanghia and once in Guilin GuangXi. It's so sad though. Outside of big metro cities, there is NO sense of Christmas at all. When I spent Christmas and New Years in Guilin in 2002-03, there was NO celebration at all. They really don't celebrate International New years at all, only Chinese New Year.

In Shanghai, it's much better but the celebration is nothing compared to Chinese New Years.

As for being cold, absolutely. West coast people ain't gonna like the cold in China during winter, unless they're headed to Hanan Dao. It's nice and warm in Sanya during Christmas time. That's where I'd liked to spend Christmas if I have to be in China. :D

CONGRATS to Stephen!

Edited by SirLancelot (see edit history)

Congrats !!!!

I spent Dec 2004 in Beijing with Ying, strange to see the interest in Santa, etc. Santa and Rudolph posters in our neighborhood eatery and other businesses Never forget the department store Santa that was offering a special gift package to couples who would kiss in front of the crowd. We went to some of the hotel and Chaoyang bars for Christmas and New Year eve. It was a very nice holiday season - a time a will never forget. Ying was here for X-mas 2005.

PS - Shanghai, Chongqing cold ?? You should try Changchun in Jan/Feb, have many photos of everyone wearing down coats in the meeting rooms

Stephen, Merry Christmas way ahead of time. Good luck and bring her back. Start the New Year off right. :D Ron

Thanks Everyone. Ron, me and the kitchen sink will do our best... hope your close behind. The interview date came 4 months, almost to the day from P3. Way too long... May the force be with everyone still waiting for thier day... It will come.

The interview date came 4 months, almost to the day from P3. Way too long...

Wondering if 4 months from P3 to interview is the norm? :lol:

Thanks Everyone. Ron, me and the kitchen sink will do our best... hope your close behind. The interview date came 4 months, almost to the day from P3. Way too long... May the force be with everyone still waiting for thier day... It will come.

The interview date came 4 months, almost to the day from P3. Way too long...

Wondering if 4 months from P3 to interview is the norm? :lol:

We certainly want to hope it's less than that.

I'd like to see an interview date within 2 months of when the P3 is returned.