What the hell meaning??

I called DOS the day before yesterday, a lady told me my name check clearance finished on 19th oct, let me contact GZ. I told her that I called DOS 2 weeks ago and were told my name check done on 6th oct and let me contact GZ. I contacted GZ , but GZ said my case is under processing for name check clearance. That lady seemed very cold and repeated" I have you told you your name check clearance was completed on 19th Oct. contact GZ", then hung me up. ;) Last night I called DOS again. an old lady answered me and said the same to me. When I told her what I got from consulate 2 weeks ago, she stopped me and said" on the computer electronically said your name check clearance is approved on 19th oct. It is my first time to hear that name check need to be approved???:Dah: I was surprised to repeat the word " approved"? she said" yes, good luck to you" she hung up again ;) I got GZ response today and said my case is still under processing for background check :Dah: I am totally lost. B)

Hi Paula. We had the same problem between Guz and DOS. What we discovered is GUZ is a paid service and isn't always correct with their answers. For instance, one morning my wife called Guz and was told our background check was still in progress. I called DOS that same day and was told our paperwork was completely finished and was awaiting an interview date. Just try to have patience, but please stop paying GUZ for incorrect answers.

Hi Paula. We had the same problem between Guz and DOS. What we discovered is GUZ is a paid service and isn't always correct with their answers. For instance, one morning my wife called Guz and was told our background check was still in progress. I called DOS that same day and was told our paperwork was completely finished and was awaiting an interview date. Just try to have patience, but please stop paying GUZ for incorrect answers.

I didnt buy phone cards to call 4008, I emailed GZ and got that respond ;)

I called DOS again just now, these three days it is very easy to get through this hot line. The same old lady talked to me again, When I told her I called last night, she said oh, she remembered me, and repeated my name check clearance is done on 19th in Washington, she didnt understand why today GZ said it is still under processing. When I asked her if GZ didnt update this information, she said no and if she can see it, GZ can see it too. She wondered if GZ asked for another name check??but she said computer doest show it. Shoud I be more patient?? :rolleyes:

Paula.. sorry to hear of the runaround... but it's hard to know if both the DOS and GUZ are using the exact same terminology or really referring to something subtly different.

We talked in another thread about processing the name check vs the steps that include the processing of the name check and maybe the DOS person is telling you that the discrete step of the namecheck in DC is complete.. but GUZ is saying that the review process (of which the name check in DC is but one thing) is still going on.. it could be nothing more than paperwork or another check somewhere else...

Paula has definitely had to endure more than necessary. Paula, I hope your case has a successful outcome very soon.

I used to call the numbers to DOS and the fee number at Guangzhou, but it frustrated me so that I finally just quit calling.

I call DOS every day and have got used to hear the same answer that our case is still pending. Well, today I heard something different. When I called, the lady told me we got an interview date. I could tell she was happy when telling me that. But before I got a chance to say anything, she said, "oh...it was for last year.." so heart-breaking...it just reminds me again how long our case has been stucked..... :cheering: :cheering: :victory:

I called DOS again just now, these three days it is very easy to get through this hot line. The same old lady talked to me again, When I told her I called last night, she said oh, she remembered me, and repeated my name check clearance is done on 19th in Washington, she didnt understand why today GZ said it is still under processing. When I asked her if GZ didnt update this information, she said no and if she can see it, GZ can see it too. She wondered if GZ asked for another name check??but she said computer doest show it. Shoud I be more patient?? :eyebrow:

Paula try using the email form for GZ and ask them to tell you the status of your case. Since you have had an interview they should give you an answer. Remember the poeple you call have been calling in China do not always have the current information in their computers.

I won't tell you to be patient, you have been more than patient. I hope you can get better information on your case using email.