Old wifes tales

She also says that underwear must be washed by hand, that the machine is too dirty.

Yuppers, we always have female dainties hanging about the bathroom. I have never seen the logic in washing them by hand and then hanging them in there. First, It takes water much hotter than the 105-110 temp that people can put their hands in to really kill all the germs-so they never really get them sterilized. More importantly, these delicate silky things are hanging around me when I uh, when I uh, uh, expel yesterdays meals. Now that has GOT TO BE unhealthy. I did, however, learn the hard way that TELLING wifey that she is wrong was not a good idea---ouchyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Yet another lesson in cultural diversity learned the hard way!!

Hey, it sounds like you're back in the house instead of the garage anyway. :ph34r:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She also says that underwear must be washed by hand, that the machine is too dirty.

Yuppers, we always have female dainties hanging about the bathroom. I have never seen the logic in washing them by hand and then hanging them in there. First, It takes water much hotter than the 105-110 temp that people can put their hands in to really kill all the germs-so they never really get them sterilized. More importantly, these delicate silky things are hanging around me when I uh, when I uh, uh, expel yesterdays meals. Now that has GOT TO BE unhealthy. I did, however, learn the hard way that TELLING wifey that she is wrong was not a good idea---ouchyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Hey, it sounds like you're back in the house instead of the garage anyway. :lol:

Yea, she made me come back inside. :ph34r:

Is there really a logic reason for them to wash those cute little undies by hand?

And hang outside in the dirty air or bathroom, etc

"Damn did I just agree with Trigg?"

Geezs whats the world coming to?

Bobby....

ALWAYS KEEP THE WINDOWS OPEN!!!! Even when it's snowing out, and windy, and the heat (if you are lucky) is on, keep the windows open. Or, in the summer, when it's 100 out, and the AC (if you are lucky) is open, keep them open. A teacher told me that this seems kind of strange, but this actually has a good reason. In the past, they would burn with coal. It was a problem with Carbon Monoxide. I have been told that now, people are afraid of gas leaks.

Even here, in Atlanta, in our new home, my wife wants to keep the sliding glass door open to "change the air".

I was onced asked by an ex-Chinese girlfriend if we needed to change the air in the tires? :Dah:

Andrew B)

ALWAYS KEEP THE WINDOWS OPEN!!!! Even when it's snowing out, and windy, and the heat (if you are lucky) is on, keep the windows open. Or, in the summer, when it's 100 out, and the AC (if you are lucky) is open, keep them open. A teacher told me that this seems kind of strange, but this actually has a good reason. In the past, they would burn with coal. It was a problem with Carbon Monoxide. I have been told that now, people are afraid of gas leaks.

Even here, in Atlanta, in our new home, my wife wants to keep the sliding glass door open to "change the air".

I was onced asked by an ex-Chinese girlfriend if we needed to change the air in the tires? :angry:

Andrew :D

Andrew that sounds like something a blonde would ask?

Bobby....

Edited by sleepless in Houston&CQ (see edit history)

The only thing to do is to start our own old wifes takes. 1. Don't wear bras in the house if the husband is home 2. Don't wear anything in the bed...............

Rule number one had already been instituted in my house. :D Rule number two works well only if you don¡¯t have kids running around wanting water and food after hours. :)

Now my wife wants to hang red lanterns in our new house for good luck. Of course being born and raised in this country you know what it means if you see red lights from the street. :angry:

The only thing to do is to start our own old wifes takes. 1. Don't wear bras in the house if the husband is home 2. Don't wear anything in the bed...............

Rule number one had already been instituted in my house. :D Rule number two works well only if you don¡¯t have kids running around wanting water and food after hours. :P

Now my wife wants to hang red lanterns in our new house for good luck. Of course being born and raised in this country you know what it means if you see red lights from the street. :sosad:

Andrew I can see why rule #2 would not apply in your home but

try buying a lock for the bedroom door and robes for when you have to get

up. "or sleeping pills to make sure the kidos sleep thru the night"

LOL. J/K

Hanging red lights in your home in Katy may not be the best ideal!

Some of the old timmers my think WoW "The New Chicken Ranch"

Bobby....

Fortunately, my wife doesn't believe in many tales, but there is one that has me confused.

She absolutely insists that she must stay inside the house for one month after she gives birth. Her idea is that if she goes out the wind could make her sick. The related one to this is that she isn't supposed to shower or bathe for that month either. Luckily, she isn't firm on the second part.

Fortunately, my wife doesn't believe in many tales, but there is one that has me confused.

She absolutely insists that she must stay inside the house for one month after she gives birth. Her idea is that if she goes out the wind could make her sick. The related one to this is that she isn't supposed to shower or bathe for that month either. Luckily, she isn't firm on the second part.

~~

I can't see how anyone can stay locked inside the house for one month..

Geezzs... I think that those walls would start closing in on her. "JMO"

I spent 7 days in a hospital bed and almost lost the few marbles I had.

One month no bath/shower...

MarkD im with you on this one..... I'm confused also.

Can this be healthy?

Bobby....

Don't eat a banana on an empty stomach.

Don't sleep without some kind of cover, you will get sick.

Don't let the overhead fan blow on your head.

Don't wash your hair and then go to bed- Well, DanR- for those that have hair, even a little hair.

Avoid eating leftovers.

Don't drink the tap water.

Don't eat uncooked lettuce. Ok, OK and spinach too if it came from Calif.