The 2 Interviews

Based on my wife's expanded description of the GUZ process I think that the beneficiaries actually have 2 interviews (Ok, at least she did!).

When she walked into the interview to get her number in the queue the Chinese man asked her for the medical envelopes for her and daughter. He opened them, looked quickly at them.

He asked "What's your job?" She told him that had worked in TV as a reporter and news anchor.

"Do you have his most recent taxes?" She handed over our 2005 Taxes.

"Can you speak English?" <laughing> Little!

Then he gave her her number in line (48).

Her interview with the VO consisted of 3 questions and Bam! Your appoved.

I'm curious to know how others interacted with the person handing out the waiting numbers. I wonder if his impressions carry over to the VO?

Did you have any Q & A with a person inside the Consulate prior to the VO?

It reported it is true, first when you hand in your medicial pakage,they open it and let you sign in your name and ask you some questions, and be attention at those questions, usually they will make a mark according your reply, and the later VO's question will relate to these questions too.

Based on my wife's expanded description of the GUZ process I think that the beneficiaries actually have 2 interviews (Ok, at least she did!).

When she walked into the interview to get her number in the queue the Chinese man asked her for the medical envelopes for her and daughter. He opened them, looked quickly at them.

He asked "What's your job?" She told him that had worked in TV as a reporter and news anchor.

"Do you have his most recent taxes?" She handed over our 2005 Taxes.

"Can you speak English?" <laughing> Little!

Then he gave her her number in line (48).

Her interview with the VO consisted of 3 questions and Bam! Your appoved.

I'm curious to know how others interacted with the person handing out the waiting numbers. I wonder if his impressions carry over to the VO?

Did you have any Q & A with a person inside the Consulate prior to the VO?

Congratulations!! Best of luck!!

very interesting......never heard of this before.......has anyone else?

When the applicant's background impressed the Chinese staff, they'll ask a couple of casual questions.

They check-in first; paperwork reviewed, forms signed.. that's not an interview.. questions can be asked at check-in. The interview with a VO is at the window.

No dispute there. I wondering if impressions made are passed on to the VOs.

problem is that we can mostly speculate...

when I went through customs today and the guy asked me how long I was in china.. I don't think he passed that along to anyone. He's looking to see that everything appears on the "up and up".

I see the interview day as basically like this.. is it all in order; do questions asked get responses that are consistent to what's documented, etc.

Although, it would not surprise me if something makes the check-in person annonote the case... for the VO to eventually see... if it's pertinent...

They check-in first; paperwork reviewed, forms signed.. that's not an interview.. questions can be asked at check-in. The interview with a VO is at the window.

No dispute there. I wondering if impressions made are passed on to the VOs.

problem is that we can mostly speculate...

when I went through customs today and the guy asked me how long I was in china.. I don't think he passed that along to anyone. He's looking to see that everything appears on the "up and up".

I see the interview day as basically like this.. is it all in order; do questions asked get responses that are consistent to what's documented, etc.

Although, it would not surprise me if something makes the check-in person annonote the case... for the VO to eventually see... if it's pertinent...

I ask my SO if she was ask a lot of questions by anyone before her interview , and she stated that the young man that she gave her envelope, before her interview , ask her more questions than the vo , she said he ask questions that she thought the vo would ask

so i to must agree that they have two interviews with out being aware of it

I quizzed my SO, based on her October interview. The person (female) at the Consulate who took her "sealed envelope" did not ask any questions, however, my SO stated the female wrote several things on a "red" piece of paper (could have been pink or a similar color), and placed the red piece of paper in the file. My SO opined that she thought the notations were a "heads up" to the VO about issues. It is also possible that this is SOP ... the female (in this instance) was merely checking off whether all forms and documents had been provided pursuant to a standard checklist, but my SO does not think this was the case.

My SO was also of the opinion that the VO's mistaken belief that I had only been to China 2 times, came from the notations by this female. (I suspect the mistake came from the VO's observation of only two Chinese visas in my passport, but in the rush of doing his job, he did not notice initially that each was multiple entry, or count the entry/exit stamps.)

So add this to the "ambiguous" answers column of the informal poll.

My SO told me that when she handed over the sealed envelope, they asked her if her son was with her. We told GUZ and the USCIS 3 times before this that he was staying in China with his father. The first question at my SO's interview was asking her if her ex was living in the USA. What's up with this?