having the medical check just before the interview

:)

I received P4 today. I plan to go to Guangzhou on April 6, have my medical check done on April 7 in Gz hospital, then go for the interview on April 8. My question is :

Is my schedule in GZ too tight?

What if I can't get my medical check on April 7, can GZ consulate let submit medical check after the interview?

:( :lol:

I am not sure how things are working now, but back in August when we had our interview, your schedule might be a little tight. The normal turnaround time on the physical was four to five days. The results could be obtained in one day, but there was a higher fee for this. I would suggest maybe allowing yourself a little more time in case there is a screw up with one of the tests. My advice is always be safe rather than sorry. :unsure: :unsure: :rolleyes:

Give yourself as much time as possible. Most clinics were quoting 3-5 days when we were there in December. The hospital on the island near the American Consulate was quoting 1-day turnaround, but for a higher fee. The hospital on the island also appeared to be the most organized of the clinics we visited. I'd strongly recommend paying the extra fee and get the results expedited. It's worth the peace of mind. A week early isn't too soon. To give you an idea what I mean .. due to equipment malfunctions, holidays, and errors committed by clinic personnel, my fianc¨¦e¡¯s checkup results took 19 days and required numerous visits to the clinic before the problems were resolved. We were in Guangzhou for 23 days as a result. Admittedly our situation was unusual, but if it happened to us .. it could happen again.

Dan

I would agree that you should allow yourself more time. We had called the hospital on the island before hand and arranged an appointment for my wife. We managed to get through with one day by paying the extra. I also would recomend using the hospital on the island. They are convienent, much better organized than the others and for a Chinese hospital, very clean. Still, even with them, you might end up with an unforseen delay.

I just arrived home from Shanghai. My medical exam there took three full days from start to finish. And unless I paid extra to speed up my AIDS testing, I could have easily been there until Friday (the lab there does AIDS testing only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays). So please allow plenty of time for your medical exam.

hi,

I had my medical exam done at the International Medical Clinc close to the Yansha friendship store in Beijing. It took about six hours to get the results and it does not require an appoinment. But you must be there by 8:00 in the morning. good luck

:blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

OK, there seems to be a contradiction here. ChinaRose has not yet received her P4 but has already done her physical. Danswayne reports that we need to wait. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Given that the p4-interview/visa times have been very tight of late - it would be great to get the physical out of the way if we could.

Thanks,

Dave

It depends on the visa type. K-1 gets the med forms in P4. K-3 gets them in P3. Not real sure about IR and CR, but I think they get them with P3, too.

We got the medical forms for an IR in P4. But then I don't know if that was normal or not. Our case was screwed up all the way through and nothing seemed to work normally.

What China Rose posted is correct. My wife is a K-3 and the medical forms arrived in Packet 3.

One thing you have to consider is that if you went ahead and got the exam done before Packet 4 arrives, the interview occurs several months later, you arrive in the states several months after the interview, then you get married and apply for AOS near the 3-month deadline for the K-1 stay, you might end up in a situation where the 1-year validity of the exam has expired for AOS purposes, forcing you to take a second exam.

Not very likely, but still, it is better to get the exam scheduled after the interview date is known, which should be at least two weeks after Packet 4 is received.

Don't forget that certain shots require a follow up shot (such as hepatitis), which must be documented and submitted with I-485 documents.