Hello, friends, NI MEN HAO!!!!!

Can anyone kindly tell me how many days it does usually take for the CR 1 paperwork to get to GUZ from NVC. I was notified by NVC back in July that my file had been forwarded to GUZ. But look, it is Oct.15 today, I still haven't heard a word from the US Consulate in GZ. I have to say, I can't sleep at night. I miss my wife so much and I really want to hold her again. And I miss everyone of my wife's family. My wife told me not to be discouraged, but it is really hard for me to live like this, day and night, without my wife by my side. Feeling lonely and upset all the time.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT BY GIVING ME SOME IDEAS ON MY CASE?

FREEASABIRD CRYING FOR HELP!!!

Can anyone kindly tell me how many days it does usually take for the CR 1 paperwork to get to GUZ from NVC. I was notified by NVC back in July that my file had been forwarded to GUZ. But look, it is Oct.15 today, I still haven't heard a word from the US Consulate in GZ. I have to say, I can't sleep at night. I miss my wife so much and I really want to hold her again. And I miss everyone of my wife's family. My wife told me not to be discouraged, but it is really hard for me to live like this, day and night, without my wife by my side. Feeling lonely and upset all the time.

I know exactly how you feel; I can't say it will get any better until you are reunited again, but try to cheer up! Sometimes you are flying along, and then all of a sudden everything seems to stop... but it will move again ;)

Some things cannot be told in exact days... many people's Apps get into GUZ in 3-4 weeks, and others take up to 2 months. It has been 7 weeks since our K-3 left NVC (8 weeks tomorrow) and GUZ still says they don't have it. But I'm thinking tomorrows call will be a good one (was told GUZ enters all newly received Apps into their system on Saturdays). We'll see... Good luck!!

Edited by Zhen's Tiger (see edit history)

I know exactly how you feel; I can't say it will get any better until you are reunited again, but try to cheer up! Sometimes you are flying along, and then all of a sudden everything seems to stop... but it will move again :greenblob:

Some things cannot be told in exact days... many people's Apps get into GUZ in 3-4 weeks, and others take up to 2 months. It has been 7 weeks since our K-3 left NVC (8 weeks tomorrow) and GUZ still says they don't have it. But I'm thinking tomorrows call will be a good one (was told GUZ enters all newly received Apps into their system on Saturdays). We'll see... Good luck!!

Thanks for your thoughts, my friends. I wish you the best of luck on your call to the DOS, I really hope they will tell you that your case file is entered into their system.However, let the candleforlove folks know what you have found out from them ASAP, ok? I am praying for you!

GOD BLESS!

FREEASABIRD

In the same boat as Stephen - hoping my next call to DOS I receive the good news that GUZ has received the package and logged it in. I have noticed that many cases have the good fortune of only sitting in customs a couple of weeks and then there are those of us who wait for some time. I have also been hearing some rumors about some delays in the mailing process with DHL and NVC but not really sure. I do strongly suggest that you call DOS to find out the status of the case.

In the same boat as Stephen - hoping my next call to DOS I receive the good news that GUZ has received the package and logged it in. I have noticed that many cases have the good fortune of only sitting in customs a couple of weeks and then there are those of us who wait for some time. I have also been hearing some rumors about some delays in the mailing process with DHL and NVC but not really sure. I do strongly suggest that you call DOS to find out the status of the case.

Well, no such luck... today's call was just as depressing as all the rest :lol:

"call back next Monday..." and when I started asking too many questions about the amount of time it was taking and what recourse do I have...? "Sir, sometimes it takes 3 months... call back Monday or you can wait another month and call" :( haha

She really is very nice, she knows my case the second I state my wife's name (she's had the bad luck of answering 5 of my calls out of 7), so I am not complaining about her or any other person working for DOS, but rather the process itself and the amount of time it takes to receive packets from NVC. USCIS is starting to seem like a pleasant experience in retrospect! ;)

Well, no such luck... today's call was just as depressing as all the rest :(

"call back next Monday..." and when I started asking too many questions about the amount of time it was taking and what recourse do I have...? "Sir, sometimes it takes 3 months... call back Monday or you can wait another month and call" :o haha

She really is very nice, she knows my case the second I state my wife's name (she's had the bad luck of answering 5 of my calls out of 7), so I am not complaining about her or any other person working for DOS, but rather the process itself and the amount of time it takes to receive packets from NVC. USCIS is starting to seem like a pleasant experience in retrospect! ;)

Sorry to hear you had no Luck again... I haven't called yet probably do it tomorrow and of course based on what you were told I am not holding out much hope :P - In recent history the timeline for logging in the receipt of mailed packages to GUZ has seemed relatively quick (2 - 3 weeks) so I am surprised by this recent development :o

Hey, folks, I really understand how you guys feel when calling the DOS. I mean, they are not rude to me or anything, it is just so disappointing that every time I called, all I heard was that:" Sir, sorry, your case file hasn't been entered into our computer system yet." THE SAME EVERY TIME!!!

However, I don't know how long I still have to wait for the paperworks to get in the CONSULATE. This part of the process is so depressing!!!!!

HELP!!!! Can someone tell me how to live happier? This waiting game is killing me.

FREEASABIRD

Realize that as a CR1, after it leaves NVC, the next thing you get contacted about is the beneficiary simply receiving the P4... which is the interview paper. So your not going to hear anything until that point unless you call DOS yourself.

Also realize the average times and calling too frequently too early is going to be futile anyway...

The average time for no-issue CR1s from NVC to P4 is running about 100+ days. Some are taking upwards of a year if a name check delay kick ins.

Unfortunately, CR1s are clearly the slowest processed cases and have less priority at the consulate than the K's... so it's clear that a few issues tend to slow down your case in general.

When you call DOS, your asking whether it's entered into the GUZ computer, whether any name check is started or completed... without a complete name check you cannnot get an interview slot. There's nothing they can tell you about the length of a name check, only a general status...

Realize that as a CR1, after it leaves NVC, the next thing you get contacted about is the beneficiary simply receiving the P4... which is the interview paper. So your not going to hear anything until that point unless you call DOS yourself.

Also realize the average times and calling too frequently too early is going to be futile anyway...

The average time for no-issue CR1s from NVC to P4 is running about 100+ days. Some are taking upwards of a year if a name check delay kick ins.

Unfortunately, CR1s are clearly the slowest processed cases and have less priority at the consulate than the K's... so it's clear that a few issues tend to slow down your case in general.

When you call DOS, your asking whether it's entered into the GUZ computer, whether any name check is started or completed... without a complete name check you cannnot get an interview slot. There's nothing they can tell you about the length of a name check, only a general status...

Hi David,

What about the K-3's? Can they tell or do they know what is in a packet being sent from NVC? Ours is a K-3 that left NVC over 2 months ago and still has not been entered as received. You said CR-1s have less priority than a K, but they have not touched it yet either, haha. I am just curious if they know what is in the packet or if they just blindly open them after finally retrieving them from DHL. Thanks!

Steve

Hi David,

What about the K-3's? Can they tell or do they know what is in a packet being sent from NVC? Ours is a K-3 that left NVC over 2 months ago and still has not been entered as received. You said CR-1s have less priority than a K, but they have not touched it yet either, haha. I am just curious if they know what is in the packet or if they just blindly open them after finally retrieving them from DHL. Thanks!

Steve

Most of what I will say is more guessing and filling in the blanks...

I would not think that the idea of a 'priority' concerns the handling of incoming mail.. but the interview slotting and assignment.

K's get the extra boost of having enough info on the electronic transfer of the case from NVC to GUZ to allow the start of the name check while it's physical case is being sent to GUZ. This alone pushes it ahead of a CR1 case leaving NVC at the same time...

I would guess they get the cases from warehouse and entered them as they pick them off the pile... the computer probably triggers a few issues (if a K, then generate a P3; if a CR1, then generate a start to the name check)...

Hi David,

Steve

I would not think that the idea of a 'priority' concerns the handling of incoming mail.. but the interview slotting and assignment.

K's get the extra boost of having enough info on the electronic transfer of the case from NVC to GUZ to allow the start of the name check while it's physical case is being sent to GUZ. This alone pushes it ahead of a CR1 case leaving NVC at the same time...

I would guess they get the cases from warehouse and entered them as they pick them off the pile... the computer probably triggers a few issues (if a K, then generate a P3; if a CR1, then generate a start to the name check)...

As always; thanks for the info, David!

Hi David,

Steve

As always; thanks for the info, David!

And I still think that there may be a Daoist message in your timeline curves :D

Our CR-1 was completed by the NVC- August 19, 2005 and sent to Guangzhou released by customs September 22, 2005. It took a little over 1 month. You can see by our timeline the whole CR-1 process took over thirteen months.