How long does it usually take?

Greetings All,

My wife and I think that we're now nearing the end of the visa process. Consequently, we're becoming more impatient. :)

I rec'd a letter from the NVC dated 5 September notifying me that our approved I-129F was being forwarded to the GZ consulate "within a week". Here it is, Oct the 14th., and my wife has still not been contacted by the consulate.

Anyone know how long this particular portion of the process takes? Does it do any good for me to call the consulate and ask if they've rec'd our paperwork?

Cheers,

Dan K

Black Hawk, CO

The next contact will be receiving the P3 in the mail.. consider that the case will sit in a warehouse about a month and then GUZ will take the cases and enter them into the computer and get a P3 out to her...

From NVC out - P3, the K1 average is running around 70-80 days...

About 40 days after it is sent to the consulate, you can start to call DOS to see if GUZ has received it, entered in the computer, started/finished name check...

Greetings All,

My wife and I think that we're now nearing the end of the visa process. Consequently, we're becoming more impatient. :)

I rec'd a letter from the NVC dated 5 September notifying me that our approved I-129F was being forwarded to the GZ consulate "within a week". Here it is, Oct the 14th., and my wife has still not been contacted by the consulate.

Anyone know how long this particular portion of the process takes? Does it do any good for me to call the consulate and ask if they've rec'd our paperwork?

Cheers,

Dan K

Black Hawk, CO

If you do the DHL tracking thing, you can see that all petition packages sent after 9/5/06 still have NOT passed Customs clearance. Give it another 2-3 weeks and hopefully it'll be there.

This part of the process really sucks! To UK or Japan, it takes a week at most from NVC. To GUZ? It takes 6-8 weeks. Crap! Total crap! Something is very wrong with this part of the process, even more so than the BS encountered at CSC.

A great place to get an idea on time is on the Visa Journey site, look at their time lines, select K-1 Visas Advance View, and filter for China. http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

I took the date of our second Notice of Action, and looked at all times from NOA2 to Interview for many cases, and estimated about 190 days from NOA2 to Interview.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Greetings All,

Cheers,

Dan K

Black Hawk, CO

I received the same letter from NVC dated 8/10. Yes, it's out of NVC on 8/10. However GUZ has not received it yet. I called GUZ consulate last week, and was told it takes 60-120 days for the approved i-129f go to from nvc to guz!

Greetings All,

My wife and I think that we're now nearing the end of the visa process. Consequently, we're becoming more impatient. :lol:

Cheers,

Dan K

Black Hawk, CO

Dan, I remember when I got that letter saying my case was on it's way to GZ .. I was so excited and thought perhaps we would be togeather in a month or so. :lol: Then I found Candle and discovered it would really be 4-6 months!! At first that seemed like forever. I went for another visit after the letter left NVC and that helped to break up the wait some. By the time I returned to the US he got P3 and then P4 and things moved faster then. Try to be patient and if your SO seems to be getting really tired of waiting and irritable .. she probably just needs to see you..... visit if you can.

It is a waiting game now. My letter from NVC indicating mailing of the package within a week for K-3 was received on 8/23/06 and it hasn't been received yet by GUZ :o - leaving Friday for 3 week visit with my wife and step daughter which should help, but man my wife is getting very discouraged.

Another member here waiting on my file to get to Guangzhou from NVC. Our file left NVC on 8/11. If anyone gets the P3 anytime soon, please post and let us know. I could use some good news. : )

Another member here waiting on my file to get to Guangzhou from NVC. Our file left NVC on 8/11. If anyone gets the P3 anytime soon, please post and let us know. I could use some good news. : )

My file was sent from NVC to GUZ on 9/21/06. I checked with DHL and it shows that the file was recieved by stamp on 10/10/06, however when I called DOS they said that GUZ had not recieved the physical file yet...

A great place to get an idea on time is on the Visa Journey site, look at their time lines, select K-1 Visas Advance View, and filter for China. http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

I took the date of our second Notice of Action, and looked at all times from NOA2 to Interview for many cases, and estimated about 190 days from NOA2 to Interview.

There's really very little need to go to VJ for timelines.. you'll get more data, analysis and real-time experience here on CFL... Just go to the Timelines and FAQs if you've not seen them yet.

My file was sent from NVC to GUZ on 9/21/06. I checked with DHL and it shows that the file was recieved by stamp on 10/10/06, however when I called DOS they said that GUZ had not recieved the physical file yet...

9/21/06 to 10/10/06, that's not petition file package. That's their own diplomatic mail. Look for another package which departed NH at or around 9/21/06 which is still "ON HAND". That one would be your package, not this one.