Heading Out Tomorrow

Just to let everyone know, Li and I will be leaving tomorrow morning (Thursday morning) China time. We will take the bus to GZ, spend the night there on Thursday night, then fly out on China Southern at 9PM. We will fly into LAX, clear immigration there, and then later catch the Delta redeye to Cincinnati with yet another change, catching a flight to Nashville at 7 AM Saturday morning US time. We are both exhausted with packing, finishing up teaching duties, tying up loose ends, etc, etc. I hope all goes well with all the connections. I just heard on the news Delta has cut their routes by 12 percent so we may be re-routed several times. :lol: ;) ;)

Anyway, we would sincerely request your prayers for our safe trip and return to America. My God, I can't believe it is really happening. Five years over here and I am finally returning home. Should be a culture shock for both of us. Probably will be off the board after this evening China time. Will let you know when we arrive. :D :D :(

Wish you two the best on your trip back!

BTW, you should make a stop in Cincinnati to show Li around, it is also called the Queen city and was named the No1. most livable city in the North America a few years ago.

I have always like Cincy actually and now they have a new ballpark I hear. Unfortunatly, we have less than one hour layover there so I expect we will only have time to run from one gate to another. :lol: ;) :(

I have always like Cincy actually and now they have a new ballpark I hear. Unfortunatly, we have less than one hour layover there so I expect we will only have time to run from one gate to another

The Reds are not doing so good these days in the Cinergyfield.....

Well, actually the Cincy airport is located in Covinton Kentuky so you can tell Li this is the home of KFC :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is very nice that you are coming back home to America and it is good for Li to have the opportunity now. What are you going to do in Nashville, sing country music? If I can get some time away from my distillery maybe we could drop by and see you sometime. :lol:

This is very nice that you are coming back home to America and it is good for Li to have the opportunity now.  What are you going to do in Nashville, sing country music?  If I can get some time away from my distillery maybe we could drop by and see you sometime. :lol:

Actually Robert, we will not be living in Nasvhville. First port of call is Prospect, Tennessee: Population 300! From there, we will be moving across the Alabama border and in all probability settle in Huntsville. So we will be in your neck of the woods. So as they say down there, "Ya'll Come".

:lol: :D :lol:

Thanks to all for kind responses and well wishes. It is around 9:30 PM over here right now, Wednesday night and my apartment is in total chaos with many students, visitors, and last minute packing, weighing luggage, and other forms of assorted craziness. Spent the day teaching, mailing boxes back home, packing, more hassling with the bank, and a real tear-jerker of a farewell party with my students. I am still misty-eyed from the event. Leaving after all these years is so bittersweet. I really love my job here and love these kids so much. It is so hard to part. I am reminded of the line by Byron:

When we two parted

In silence and tears,

Half broken-hearted,

To sever for years.

It has been a crazy, excited, and painful day. But I am also happy to be coming home, happy to see my daughter, father, and friends. Life is so often bittersweet. Again, thanks for your thoughts and well-wishes. Tomorrow its yet another bus trip to GZ, this time loaded to the gills with luggage. Will post as soon as possible upon our return. :blink: