Gosh we are lucky to live so close with Chinese

A couple of weeks ago my ESL class took Leiqin and I out for lunch. Our friend Tina finally sent me some photos. I thought she'd include pictures of our friends who attended, but I just got pics of the food.

Here's Typical Chinese food that one can find in our local Chinese restuarants:

http://i10.tinypic.com/2wg8waw.jpg

The dish in the center is lobster. They brought out two live lobsters that must have been 24" head to tail by 6"wide. Yummy!

http://i10.tinypic.com/3ywvewh.jpg

It was interesting to watch all the haggling that went on over the price, at the end of the meal. They somehow were able to get 10% knocked off the tab. Some things never change. :P

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)

Are you sure that's not a photo to one of your trips to China Dennis? Looks good!!!

I don¡¯t think I was in China proper on 9/3. :toot: You should know Eric that living where I do one doesn¡¯t need to travel to China to experience it.

Heck, I hear more Chinese spoken in my daily life than English, it seems. Our Chinese friends like to tease me, when they hear me speak Chinese. They know that I have a Chinese wife who doesn¡¯t speak English well. There is usually Chinese TV on at our home. Almost all of our friends now are Chinese and the majority of them don¡¯t speak English. So, I am trying my best to learn Chinese, as it may be quicker than waiting for my wife to learn English. :blush:

Man, that food looks good. I have always enjoyed the way the food is presented in China. Good to see that that did not change upon coming to the US. It looks delicious, and may be one of the reasons I don¡¯t mind trying different things in China. They just look so good. People eat with their eyes. If it looks good and tastes bad it is still okay. It could be really good, but if it looks bad then people may not like it. ;)

A couple of weeks ago my ESL class took Leiqin and I out for lunch. Our friend Tina finally sent me some photos. I thought she'd include pictures of our friends who attended, but I just got pics of the food.

Here's Typical Chinese food that one can find in our local Chinese restuarants:

http://i10.tinypic.com/2wg8waw.jpg

The dish in the center is lobster. They brought out two live lobsters that must have been 24" head to tail by 6"wide. Yummy!

http://i10.tinypic.com/3ywvewh.jpg

It was interesting to watch all the haggling that went on over the price, at the end of the meal. They somehow were able to get 10% knocked off the tab. Some things never change. :huh:

Thank you Dennis for making me VERY VERY VERY VERY Hungry

So where did you guys go Dennis? Was that NBC Seafood on Atlantic? That was where we went for CFL Dim Sum. Or perhaps it is that place a few doors south of the corner of Garfield and Valley. There are every region's food between Monterey Park and Rosemead. The restaurants usually have written in Hanzi the style on the sign or window. We mostly go to Sichuan, Shanghai and Liaoning. If you want hot pot try the restaurant in Sunny Plaza on Valley just west of San Gabriel Blvd.

Do you do grocery shopping at Hawaii Market? It is cheaper than 99 Ranch.

So where did you guys go Dennis? Was that NBC Seafood on Atlantic? That was where we went for CFL Dim Sum. Or perhaps it is that place a few doors south of the corner of Garfield and Valley. There are every region's food between Monterey Park and Rosemead. The restaurants usually have written in Hanzi the style on the sign or window. We mostly go to Sichuan, Shanghai and Liaoning. If you want hot pot try the restaurant in Sunny Plaza on Valley just west of San Gabriel Blvd.

Do you do grocery shopping at Hawaii Market? It is cheaper than 99 Ranch.

This restuarant is on the NW corner of Garfield and Main.

Gosh Dan, there are so many very good restuarants in our neck of the woods. Although we don't eat out too often (I eat exceptional Chinese food everyday at home), when we do we are never disappointed.

We buy our veggies at Chinese markets. Veggies are so cheap that I can hardly believe that it would pay to shop around for better bargains. We do our shopping on weekday evenings, to avoid the weekend crowds.

Here's where we shop:

Veggies: Chinese supermarkets (Ranch 99, Valley Supermarket or other)

Meats: COSTCO (except for her ground pork, we buy the extra lean at VONS)

We should hook up someday.