Address change

I just bought a new house for my fiancee and I and i'm wondering what is the best way to give the USCIS my new address. My paperwork is now in Guangzhou. Should I call DOS or USCIS?

Thanks,

Juette

I just bought a new house for my fiancee and I and i'm wondering what is the best way to give the USCIS my new address. My paperwork is now in Guangzhou. Should I call DOS or USCIS?

Thanks,

Juette

I would Fax GUZ directly and make sure your SO knows your new address.

Thanks,

Juette

If you're talking about a new address in the US you can submit this with the P-4 documentation. It's not a big issue.

The only time it becomes critical at this stage is if you are speaking of the address of your fianc¨¦e in China.

I have a question along the same lines (but a little more complicated). I applied DCF and we have already sent off the P3, and the P4 will be arriving any day.

My permanent address is in California, and on all our forms that is what we put down. However, I am pursuing my master's degree on the East Coast, and I am only living in a temporary housing. I won't have my permanent place for another month (which is right around her interview date). What should I do? Is it OK to stick with my permanent address (but we won't live there)?

Also, since I am DCF, how should I notify the "powers that be" if I get a permanent address before her interview? Do I just send a fax to GUZ, or do I have to also do something with USDHS?

Thank you everyone!

Thanks,

Juette

If you're talking about a new address in the US you can submit this with the P-4 documentation. It's not a big issue.

The only time it becomes critical at this stage is if you are speaking of the address of your fianc¨¦e in China.

I have a question along the same lines (but a little more complicated). I applied DCF and we have already sent off the P3, and the P4 will be arriving any day.

My permanent address is in California, and on all our forms that is what we put down. However, I am pursuing my master's degree on the East Coast, and I am only living in a temporary housing. I won't have my permanent place for another month (which is right around her interview date). What should I do? Is it OK to stick with my permanent address (but we won't live there)?

Also, since I am DCF, how should I notify the "powers that be" if I get a permanent address before her interview? Do I just send a fax to GUZ, or do I have to also do something with USDHS?

Thank you everyone!

If you will maintain the permanent address in California and you will continue to receive mail at this address then I would say do nothing because the address on the east coast is a temporary address and your domicile is in California.

Now if the east coast address would be the only place you will be able to receive mail, then you would want to put the east coast address on the P-4 forms if you have it before the interview, if not then you would want to notify them at the POE of the new address. The reason this is important has to do with where they mail the green card, which the Post Office can NOT forward.

Any permanent change of address after your wife receives her green card needs to be reported within 10 days of the official move using Form AR-11 and the sponsor of an Affidavit of Support must report a change of address within 30 days of the official move using Form I-865.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

Juette

Juette, how did you figure out your paperwork is in Guangzhou? by phone or by email? Mine was leaving nvc on 8/10, about the same time as yours. GUZ didn't have it yet as of last week when i inquried by email. Thanks.

I really do not for sure know it is there, but it has been over a month since it was mailed from NVC. I have been trying to call the toll number at Guangzhou, but have not been able to get it to work so far.

Edited by Juette (see edit history)

I really do not for sure know it is there, but it has been over a month since it was mailed from NVC. I have been trying to call the toll number at Guangzhou, but have not been able to get it to work so far.

If I remember correct, and I may be wrong, but can't you call DOS for this information free? I do believe they can give you much more current and accurate information, and it is free.

1-202-663-1225...Press 1, 5, 0

1-202-663-1225.. Press 1, 0, 0

I don't know which one is the current option.

If I remember correct, and I may be wrong, but can't you call DOS for this information free? I do believe they can give you much more current and accurate information, and it is free.

1-202-663-1225...Press 1, 5, 0

1-202-663-1225.. Press 1, 0, 0

I don't know which one is the current option.

1-202-663-1225.. Press 1, 0, 0 is the right one. :romantic: by the way,I'm waiting for p3 too.

My case was sent by NVC at the end of Aug. I emailed the consulate,they replied me.

They still didn't get my case yet. I called DOS,they told me that my case is pending.

I dunno what I suppose to do but be patient to wait. Good luck.

BTW,if you want to correct your information about the address in the US.

It's not a big deal.You could just write the new address in the forms of p3,p4.

If you want to be sure about it,you could attach a piece of paper to explain about it.

Thanks,

Juette

I moved between the time I filed and before the interview. I sent email to GUZ via the Consulate's website for each of the Case numbers in the applications (wife and daughter). GUZ did respond with the notation. Please note that the applications had already left NVC when I did that, but before GUZ had entered the applications into their system.