Where Am I?

Ok, this email just came in a few minutes ago. Now I sit back and wait for the next step? Thanks.

:lol:

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On September 25, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Ok, this email just came in a few minutes ago. Now I sit back and wait for the next step? Thanks.

:lol:

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Current Status:

On September 25, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

Sincerely,

That is the standard email response to the IMB RFE. Now you wait for the NOA2 email that your petition is approved. Then watch your mail box for the actual NOA2 in the mail. Make sure you keep it in a good and safe place, as you will need that original NOA2 later after she is in the USA when you file for AOS. A replacement will cost you $200, so take care of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this arrived via email yesterday. Does this mean we are slowly but surely moving along? Thanks to all!

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On October 5, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Sincerely,

Wow that was a fast RFE. The great news now is you're done with the USCIS for a while. Now your case has been sent to the NVC where as Trigg told you name checks are done. 2-6 weeks it will be sent to the consulate in Guangzhou where it will sit in a warehouse for about 6 weeks clearing customs. Wait about a week for it to get entered into the NVC computer and call this number 603 334 0700. Talk to a human the automated service can't help you. Give them her 13 digit service center number and her birthdate and they will give you her GUZ number that will be used for the remainder of the process. The bad news is it is difficult to get any information on the status of your case from now until P-3. Figure about 6 months from now to interview.

Ok, this arrived via email yesterday. Does this mean we are slowly but surely moving along? Thanks to all!

Yep, you're on your way! :rolleyes: Good luck and I hope it is smooth sailing for you through NVC!

Pequin, Congratulations on your approval. I'm a little ahead of you, but maybe that doesn't mean much at this point. I've been issued the GUZ number at NVC and now I'm waiting for the security check or "name" check. Hopefully, that won't be long. Good luck to you the rest of the trip. Ron :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I received the NOA-2 in the mail on Friday the 13th. I understand from all of the responses that I am now in a waiting mode for a while with NVC and so on. What forms need to be filled out by either my SO or me for the next phase? What are forms or certificates do we need to gather? My SO does not want to idle away the time, if there are things that can be done ahead of time. She is anxious, as I am, to keep the process going with any paperwork or other needed details.

Also, is this site still working http://www.laogonglaopo.com/001files/K1.htm ? I was trying to explain to my SO where we are, but neither I or she can get to the site. We both get a "time out" error.

Thanks again.

Edited by Pequin (see edit history)

Also, is this site still working http://www.laogonglaopo.com/001files/K1.htm ? I was trying to explain to my SO where we are, but neither I or she can get to the site. We both get a "time out" error.

Thanks again.

My SO has been having trouble reaching that site as well. I can't reach it either. :D It was a good resource for our Chinese SO's. It would be terrible if it disappeared.

• 3 weeks later...

I called the NVC as you suggested about two weeks ago and the person handling the call said the information had not been entered. This morning when I called, the person I talked to gave me a case number and said that the application would be on its way to Guangzhou later this week. She mentioned that it was in the final phase of "administrative processing", what ever that means. She was very nice and said best wished to me and my fiance.

Is there anything I should be working on for the next step? Thank you

I called the NVC as you suggested about two weeks ago and the person handling the call said the information had not been entered. This morning when I called, the person I talked to gave me a case number and said that the application would be on its way to Guangzhou later this week. She mentioned that it was in the final phase of "administrative processing", what ever that means. She was very nice and said best wished to me and my fiance.

Is there anything I should be working on for the next step? Thank you

Welcome to the club! A bunch of us are waiting for GUZ to pick up our petitions from DHL and start processing. Nothing you can do right now but wait. Takes time, a looong time. Get some cheetos and kick back :ph34r: