Hi. I'm so frustrated. My I-129F was approved on July 25 and I recieved my NOA2 a couple days later. It's been a month and 5 days now and they (NVC) have not receive my records. I've been calling every week and they would tell me to wait 2 to 4 weeks. Now since it's past a month, they tell me that I should give them up to 90 days. What's going on? I tried calling CIS and a woman says that all I-129F are sent directly to the embassy. I'm been trolling on the boards for quite awhile and never saw this happening. But I gave it a shot and called GUZ. Only to my disappointment that they couldnt help me since I dont have a GUZ#. Now I called CIS again and spoke an immigration officer. He dispatched an email to CSC and try to figure out what's going on with my application and told me I should wait another 30 days. So far, I called NVC a dozen times, CIS half of that, and GUZ once. What can I do now? Just wait 90 days??!? I've been waiting since early March. Thanks in advance.

Guest ShaQuaNew

A typical waiting time for a P3 before the f-ing stupid and misinformed IMBRA thingy dingy took effect, was three - six months after getting a USCIS approval. Unfortunately, there really is no data to provide you with hard information on how much longer your wait might be. On the positive side, your petition is approved. That in itself is a major step. On the flipside, there is little more you can do until you hear from the NVC. You can try emailing and calling, which it sounds like you're already doing.

Guest pushbrk

Hi. I'm so frustrated. My I-129F was approved on July 25 and I recieved my NOA2 a couple days later. It's been a month and 5 days now and they (NVC) have not receive my records. I've been calling every week and they would tell me to wait 2 to 4 weeks. Now since it's past a month, they tell me that I should give them up to 90 days. What's going on? I tried calling CIS and a woman says that all I-129F are sent directly to the embassy. I'm been trolling on the boards for quite awhile and never saw this happening. But I gave it a shot and called GUZ. Only to my disappointment that they couldnt help me since I dont have a GUZ#. Now I called CIS again and spoke an immigration officer. He dispatched an email to CSC and try to figure out what's going on with my application and told me I should wait another 30 days. So far, I called NVC a dozen times, CIS half of that, and GUZ once. What can I do now? Just wait 90 days??!? I've been waiting since early March. Thanks in advance.

With the IMBRA dam breaking loose, NVC could well be backed up but we do have a couple members who sailed through there quickly this month. Your case will absolutely NOT go straight to GUZ. NVC has to do their thing and assign a GUZ number.

With the IMBRA dam breaking loose, NVC could well be backed up but we do have a couple members who sailed through there quickly this month. Your case will absolutely NOT go straight to GUZ. NVC has to do their thing and assign a GUZ number.

Yup. That's what I thought too. I even told her that it shouldn't have gone to GUZ and is she positive. She says ALL I129-F will go directly to the embassy. Yeah right. She doesnt know what she's talking about I guess.

I received NOA2 for K3 with a notice date of 8/8/06. On 8/25/06 Received a letter dated 8/23/06 from NVC indicating that the visa was approved and that the petiton is being forwarded to GUZ. I had previously sent an email inquiry to NVC asking for status of my K3 petition to which they replied in 2 days that it had been received and was in process. In the reply they indicated the GUZ case number assigned.

I received NOA2 for K3 with a notice date of 8/8/06. On 8/25/06 Received a letter dated 8/23/06 from NVC indicating that the visa was approved and that the petiton is being forwarded to GUZ. I had previously sent an email inquiry to NVC asking for status of my K3 petition to which they replied in 2 days that it had been received and was in process. In the reply they indicated the GUZ case number assigned.

I guess I'm just unlucky. I email them and it takes them more than a week to reply.

NVC received my K3 petition on 08/10 and assigned GUZ #. I just received this email a few minutes ago. BTW, I sent the Inquiry on Monday morning.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Your inquiry has been received at the NVC. The non-immigrant visa petition you mentioned in your letter has already been entered into our computer system and assigned the case number listed in the subject line.

The clearances for this case continue to be processed by all involved Washington agencies. Unfortunately, no further information is available at this time. The NVC will send notification once the results have been received and the case forwarded to the Consulate General.

Regards,

National Visa Center

ACB /sbb

Edited by hankster (see edit history)
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't want to cause a panic, but files have been "lost" between Service Center approval and NVC receipt. I remember one instance where this happened to a person at TSC - NVC never received the files, and it took a fair amount of digging at the Service Center to locate them. Apparently, the files never left the Service Center.

If I recall, the person had waited about 5 weeks and NVC still had no record. Repeated phone calls and e-mails produced canned responses that approved petitions are sent to NVC, yet NVC still had no receipt record in the petitioner's case. A letter was eventually sent to the Assistant Center Director (ACD), Family Division, at the Service Center. Although, there was never any acknowledgement by the Service Center, the files mysteriously arrived at NVC a short time later.

Are you sure that your case is stuck in NVC?

When I trying to call NVC... they always telling me that they don't have my case and then I called DOS... they told me it was sent to GZ.

Normally it takes from two to three months from approval to package3.

I guess you can try to call DOS to find out if they have been sent your case to GZ yet. if not, it is probably in NVC and if they did... your finacee should see package 3 soon.