Another is Home at last

Well, we made it back safely, and just as scheduled but with small, New York delays. Liyan couldn't see too much in New York as we finally left the airport at 9:15 PM.

She did note the traffic, kind of like China...jams on main roads from JFK - typical Friday night actually, (theatre goers, partiers, etc.) but once past the Goethals it was smooth sailing.

I will post our experience at the POE on another forum but let me say this: the officer WE had was impolite and really gives these girls a bad first impression - though it was very fast (relatively speaking) I was disappointed I didn't get the SS card app (forget the number form right now...too brain dead from the trip :lol: ) that we could get that aspect started.

Otherwise uneventful trip to Chinatown, Phila., PA and out to our home in the burbs...will be back there tonight for dinner and touring, stopping in the market for some chinese grub for the frig, and just relaxing for dinner there.

Todays' stressful with the unpacking and sorting, moving my stuff around to fit her stuff, yada, yada. Seems we need to change the decor a little (here we go guys, :lol: :lol: so much for the bachelor pad look) and something I really see I gotta get use to is just taking off your shoes and walking around bare foot or with socks - nope, gotta have slippers - :lol: :huh: :blink: oh well

Overall, we're both glad to be here...the long journey ended, and another begins...with INS not out of our lives just yet... :lol: but the worst is over I guess. Hate those dam forms - heehee! :o

Yes, big congratulations for both of you. I am happy for those of you who have gotten your families together at last. I will not be far behind because my Ping is going to GZ on Monday to pick up her visa. Wow, Liyan is lucky to be in the Philly area and get those authentic cheese steaks!!! It will be fun to take my ladies and let them try some soul food. Oh, and we can go to this fantastic fried catfish joint, I bet they will like that. Joe, you opened up so many topics. We can gave a great time on the culture forum discussing them.

Congrats Joe. Glad to hear you both made it back safe and sound. What POE did you go through? :D

New York...

will post the details in a couple days; meeting with Mom, friends, shopping with Liyan tomorrow for some casual/formal (for wedding next weekend) clothes tomorrow, Sunday.

Congrats Joe. Glad to hear you both made it back safe and sound. What POE did you go through? :D

New York...

will post the details in a couple days; meeting with Mom, friends, shopping with Liyan tomorrow for some casual/formal (for wedding next weekend) clothes tomorrow, Sunday.

Good luck with the shopping Joe. Li bought her wedding dress in GZ during the first big shopping expeditition. Still can't believe the price. Beautiful dress complete with bow, sash, and veil for only 120RMB. :D :D

I will post our experience at the POE on another forum but let me say this: the officer WE had was impolite and really gives these girls a bad first impression - though it was very fast (relatively speaking)

If this guy really offended you, maybe you should consider filing a complaint. Each time I go through customs, there all are all these signs about fast, reasonable and friendly service...

From the DOJ website...

"Section 1001 of the USA Patriot Act, signed into law by the President on October 26, 2001, directs the Inspector General to review information and receive complaints alleging abuses of civil rights and civil liberties by Department of Justice employees. The OIG has created a special section in its Investigations Division to process these complaints. This section will identify the more serious civil rights and civil liberties allegations and assign them to OIG employees for investigation. The OIG will refer other complaints to Department components for their review and handling.

Individuals who believe that a Department of Justice employee has violated their civil rights or civil liberties may contact the OIG by mail:

Civil Rights & Civil Liberties Complaints

Office of the Inspector General

U.S. Department of Justice

950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW

Room 4322

Washington, D.C. 20530

e-mail: inspector.general@usdoj.gov

hotline: (contact information in English and Spanish): (800) 869-4499

or hotline fax: (202) 616-9898.

Dave

The only accusation Joe made was that the guy was impolite, which is not a violation of civil rights or civil liberties, but which does deserve at least a letter, something not quite as tiresome as the "forms" that Eric abhors. Also, Joe could post the guy's name here and on the Doc Steen board and the alt.visa.us.marriage-based board warning others to watch out for him. It is not something to just forget about. With as much trouble as we go through to bring them to America, I feel resentful that a government employee would give our ladies a bad first impression. You have the right idea Dave.

Li bought her wedding dress in GZ during the first big shopping expeditition. Still can't believe the price. Beautiful dress complete with bow, sash, and veil for only 120RMB. :)  ;)

Mick, I misrepresented that shopping trip: It's not OUR wedding, it's a buddys' who's Korean/American, both husband and wife.

Both Liyan (especially) and I look forward to this one. I really didn't think she'd be here - great to have her to dance with, :D :P

No, this is just an update to Liyan's wardrobe...but of course, as with any OTHER woman, there's the obligatory new dress for any wedding she attends, you know? :D :greenblob: :o So that's the "formal" purchase we had to make.

Liyan too scored big on HER wedding dress up in Rizhao...even LESS than your sweeties - 60, (yeah that's not a typo - but her sister own the dress store :greenblob: ) rmb., fully complete!!

Yes, big congratulations for both of you.  I am happy for those of you who have gotten your families together at last.  I will not be far behind because my Ping is going to GZ on Monday to pick up her visa.  Wow, Liyan is lucky to be in the Philly area and get those authentic cheese steaks!!!  It will be fun to take my ladies and let them try some soul food.  Oh, and we can go to this fantastic fried catfish joint, I bet they will like that.  Joe, you opened up so many topics.  We can gave a great time on the culture forum discussing them.

Your making me hungry Bob! Fried catfish...mmmmmm; yeah, I'd like to participate in some of those culture forums...let me get started on this POE thingy also...

As far as a complaint: I think it wouldn't go anywhere frankly, as Eric had mentioned, and I second: this guys shift was probably about to end (it was 10ish or so) and he may have had some poorly spoken folks ahead of Liyan, so he was anticipating another.

If this was, in fact, blatant, obstinate ignorance, believe me - I would have considered a complaint, though I was too far away to get the guys badge/line he was man-ing info. I'd recognize him if I saw him again though.

Thanks for the info though Dave...you guys are such a font of knowledge here. I'm finding now I'm combing the gov. websites more now so there's no screwups on the next phase.