Another Month; Another Screw Up

Well, I apologize for being off the board for a couple of weeks, but what with Li going to China again, and now having returned, I have been busy.

The good news is: After three attempts at getting it right, we finally received Li's corrected green card and, lo, this time all the information was correct.

However,

Two days after receiving the green card, we got notification from the Atlanta center (our case was processed in Memphis), stating the they have received Li's AOS application (it was filed in June 2003) :huh: . They went on to say that she would be scheduled for an interview within 36 months (she passed her interview 20 months ago). :P

Two days later, we received another letter welcoming her to the US. She has been here three and a half years. ;)

Fascinating isn't it. Our case was transferred out of Atlanta and sent to Memphis almost three years ago. Her successful interview AOS interview was almost two years ago. And, they are just now telling us they received her application for AOS.

And the wheel goes round....and round... :D

Oh, by the way, they also want her to be fingerprinted again. This will be seven times. <_<

Well, I apologize for being off the board for a couple of weeks, but what with Li going to China again, and now having returned, I have been busy.

The good news is: After three attempts at getting it right, we finally received Li's corrected green card and, lo, this time all the information was correct.

However,

Two days after receiving the green card, we got notification from the Atlanta center (our case was processed in Memphis), stating the they have received Li's AOS application (it was filed in June 2003) <_< . They went on to say that she would be scheduled for an interview within 36 months (she passed her interview 20 months ago). <_<

Two days later, we received another letter welcoming her to the US. She has been here three and a half years.  <_<

Fascinating isn't it. Our case was transferred out of Atlanta and sent to Memphis almost three years ago. Her successful interview AOS interview was almost two years ago. And, they are just now telling us they received her application for AOS.

Oh, by the way, they also want her to be fingerprinted again. This will be seven times.  <_<

239566[/snapback]

"Thank you for using the United States Government. We know that you have many governments to choose from and we thank you for choosing US." :wacko:

Edited by Yuanyang (see edit history)
"Thank you for using the United States Government.  We know that you have many governments to choose from and we thank you for choosing US." <_<

239571[/snapback]

<_< <_< <_<

Minghao, my step son, also got a biometrics notice after his welcome letter. USCIS acknowledged later (via telephone) that this mistake had been happening a lot with Atlanta and to just ignore it. Good to hear that USCIS got it's act together. :wacko:

However,

Two days after receiving the green card, we got notification from the Atlanta center (our case was processed in Memphis), stating the they have received Li's AOS application (it was filed in June 2003) <_< . They went on to say that she would be scheduled for an interview within 36 months (she passed her interview 20 months ago). <_<

Two days later, we received another letter welcoming her to the US. She has been here three and a half years.  <_<

Oh, by the way, they also want her to be fingerprinted again. This will be seven times.  <_<

239566[/snapback]

Hmmm...two green cards for the price of one. That doesn't sound like too bad of a deal! I wonder if that could work.

But in all seriousness, it sounds like someone dropped the ball between Atlanta and Memphis. At least you can laugh about it, Mick. Just add it too your long and enduring INS list of snafus... :wacko:

However,

239566[/snapback]

:wacko: :D This one takes the cake!!! :D :roller:

Maybe we should farm out the US Govt operations to India - couldn't be much worse!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

However,

Two days after receiving the green card, we got notification from the Atlanta center (our case was processed in Memphis), stating the they have received Li's AOS application (it was filed in June 2003) :P . They went on to say that she would be scheduled for an interview within 36 months (she passed her interview 20 months ago). :lol:

Two days later, we received another letter welcoming her to the US. She has been here three and a half years.  :blink:

239566[/snapback]

:roller: :roller: This one takes the cake!!! :roller: :roller:

Maybe we should farm out the US Govt operations to India - couldn't be much worse!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

239606[/snapback]

Mujibar was trying to get into the USA legally through Immigration.

The Officer said, "Mujibar, you have passed all the tests, except there is one more test. Unless you pass it, you cannot enter the United States of America"

Mujibar said, "I am ready."

The officer said, "Make a sentence using the words Yellow, Pink and Green."

Mujibar thought for a few minutes and said,

"Mister Officer, I am ready."

The Officer said, "Go ahead."

Mujibar said, "The telephone goes green, green, green, and I pink it up, and say, Yellow, this is Mujibar.'"

Mujibar now lives in a neighborhood near you and works at a Verizon help desk.

I talked to him yesterday!

I wonder if you need to make sure Atlanta doesn't mark your case as abandoned if you don't show up for biometrics and interview?

239808[/snapback]

GOOD POINT!!!

I would definately talk to a supervisor about that!! I can easily see them screw up so bad as to actually un-do everything you have accomplished so far!!! :toot: :toot: :toot:

You could easily get the card that says "go directly to jail - Do not pass Go - Do not collect $200' !!!

Edited by cosmiclobster (see edit history)
I wonder if you need to make sure Atlanta doesn't mark your case as abandoned if you don't show up for biometrics and interview?

239808[/snapback]

GOOD POINT!!!

I would definately talk to a supervisor about that!! I can easily see them screw up so bad as to actually un-do everything you have accomplished so far!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You could easily get the card that says "go directly to jail - Do not pass Go - Do not collect $200' !!!

239915[/snapback]

By all means, this is good advice. My experience with these folks is that if there is a chance for a screw up, it will happen. Our case is now, supposedly, in Memphis and all paperwork has left Atlanta.

Supposedly.... :lol: