I just called DOS today and was told that GUZ requested a new background investigation on my fiance which will take another 30-90 days. I am so depressed now. How much longer should we wait? Does anybody here know why they need to do another background check? Does it mean the case will be sent back to Washington? Thank you!

Guest pushbrk
I just called DOS today and was told that GUZ requested a new background investigation on my fiance which will take another 30-90 days. I am so depressed now. How much longer should we wait? Does anybody here know why they need to do another background check? Does it mean the case will be sent back to Washington? Thank you!

239200[/snapback]

According to your timeline, the previous background check has expired, since it was completed more than a year ago. It sounds like they've completed their review and simply need an updated name check.

As for how long you should wait, you wait until you give up and move on. Since that's probably not an option you are considering, you simply wait as long as it takes.

239200[/snapback]

This sounds like a REAL GOOD THING.

The name check done at NVC expired in July, they have blue slipped you 3 times for the same stuff and it has been returned. The only thing I can think that would cause them to request an updated name check would be they need it updated to issue a visa as you have overcome their objections.

Also, since you were in and out of NVC in what looks to be 2 weeks (confusing timeline, I don't think NVC approves petitions) this shouldn't take long.

Don't be depressed, get to cleaning the house!!!!

239200[/snapback]

This sounds like a REAL GOOD THING.

The name check done at NVC expired in July, they have blue slipped you 3 times for the same stuff and it has been returned. The only thing I can think that would cause them to request an updated name check would be they need it updated to issue a visa as you have overcome their objections.

Also, since you were in and out of NVC in what looks to be 2 weeks (confusing timeline, I don't think NVC approves petitions) this shouldn't take long.

Don't be depressed, get to cleaning the house!!!!

239207[/snapback]

Thank you all for your support. It does make me feel much better now. I have been worried a lot about my fiance's former communist membership. If this background check is the last step for this long journey, I certainly will be very very happy and I can deal with waiting for another 1 or 3 months.

This does not strike me with worry... I agree as to needing another security check based on the previous one expiring.

What is not clear is how many concurrent issues are being looked at:

- CPC (in and of itself)

- resume (as part of CPC assessment)

- security check

Often the first two items go to washington for review/opinion (not the same as sending the case back for revocation)... I wonder if you can find out if this part of the review is done with or not.

The security check, hopefully, is not going to take that long.. particularly if it did not before.. but DOS does not know what to say expect a canned timeframe...

It's good to hear back from you again, and that you heard something... I really take it as so far so good; it's still at the consulates.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
This does not strike me with worry... I agree as to needing another security check based on the previous one expiring. 

- CPC (in and of itself)

- security check

Often the first two items go to washington for review/opinion (not the same as sending the case back for revocation)...  I wonder if you can find out if this part of the review is done with or not.

The security check, hopefully, is not going to take that long.. particularly if it did not before.. but DOS does not know what to say expect a canned timeframe...

It's good to hear back from you again, and that you heard something... I really take it as so far so good; it's still at the consulates.

239233[/snapback]

Should I email GUZ instead to find out more details? It is hard to get information from either GUZ or DOS...

- CPC (in and of itself)

- security check

Often the first two items go to washington for review/opinion (not the same as sending the case back for revocation)...  I wonder if you can find out if this part of the review is done with or not.

239233[/snapback]

Should I email GUZ instead to find out more details? It is hard to get information from either GUZ or DOS...

239238[/snapback]

I think calling DOS is the best way... Even if they can say that the CPC checks are still going on [possibly outside of GUZ] would be good to know... Once this stuff is outside of GUZs hand, nobody really has an answer anyway.. but good to know if it's still going through anything...

I just talked to my husband on the phone. He was so mad about immigration too. We wrote senator few letters, but it seems senator just like a postman, sent our letters to Guangzhou consulate, then GZ back him canned response. We can do that too, what we need senator do is expedite our case and let us know how long we will wait. My husband said maybe he should kidnap a senator, or politician, then american government will take consider our case more quickly? :hug:

I just talked to my husband on the phone. He was so mad about immigration too. We wrote senator few letters, but it seems senator just like a postman, sent our letters to Guangzhou consulate, then GZ back him canned response. We can do that too, what we need senator do is expedite our case and let us know how long we will wait. My husband said maybe he should kidnap a senator, or politician, then american government will take consider our case more quickly? :hug:

239319[/snapback]

Let me know if that works. :D Personally I think bribery might work better. :D

Edited by nathalie509 (see edit history)
My husband said maybe he should kidnap a senator, or politician, then american government will take consider our case more quickly? :unsure:

239319[/snapback]

This would only work if someone missed or cared about a politician enough for it to have an impact. Personally I think no one would notice them as missing and just assume they were out of the country on some tax payer financed vacation. :)

Edited by Rakkasan (see edit history)
This does not strike me with worry... I agree as to needing another security check based on the previous one expiring.?nbsp;

- CPC (in and of itself)

- security check

Often the first two items go to washington for review/opinion (not the same as sending the case back for revocation)...?I wonder if you can find out if this part of the review is done with or not.

239233[/snapback]

239238[/snapback]

I think calling DOS is the best way... Even if they can say that the CPC checks are still going on [possibly outside of GUZ] would be good to know... Once this stuff is outside of GUZs hand, nobody really has an answer anyway.. but good to know if it's still going through anything...

239254[/snapback]

Just called DOS again and was informed that as of August 21, the CPC issue is still there...they are still working on it... :huh: