Adding pages to a USC passport

My U.S. passport is running out of pages quickly due to so many visas and stamps inside. I went to the State Department website, which indicates that they can add pages for free, provided that there are only two pages left. I am puzzled over this two page left restriction. Has anyone tried this before? Can I still have pages added if there are, say, three pages remaining in my passport? Did you send it through Express Mail or just regular mail?

I know there is a local passport agency that I can use, but it is for people with travel plan within 2 weeks or so. So what is the easiest way to add pages? Thanks.

Edited by Stone (see edit history)
You should be able to go to your local post office and they will give you a form to fill out and send (w/passport) I think for a fee you can have some form of express expedition.

239179[/snapback]

I had more than 3 pages left, they added an additional 20 pages. I sent priority certified mail. Form needed is the U.S. Department of State Application For Additional Visa Pages, DS-4085, web site travel.state.gov, National Passport Center 1-877-487-2778 email NPIC@state.gov, There is no fee to have visa pages added to your valid U.S. Passport. Expedited service $60.

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)

If you are heading to China and will be near the US Embassy or Consulates you can stop by the ASC and have this done while you wait. Took me about 10 minutes in Guangzhou when we were there for our son's visa interview. AND IT'S FREE!!!!

It's also an easy way for them record that you were in China without actually registering your trip. :D

I filled out the DS-19 form and sent it in with a

SAS (Priorty postage with sticker attached) and

got it back in ten days.

239203[/snapback]

Application for Additional Visa Pages: DS-4085

Please type or print legibly in black ink when completing all sections of this application.

This form should only be used to add visa pages to a previously issued, currently valid U.S. passport.

There is no charge for routine mail service, which is receipt of your passport with added pages within 6 weeks from the date you mail it. For Expedited Service via mail, there is a $60 fee per application, plus two-way overnight delivery for receipt within 2 weeks. For Expedited Service at a Regional Passport Agency, there is a $60.00 fee per application.

Please follow the instructions on the form carefully. Complete, sign, and date the application. When submitting by mail, send the application form to:

If using the U.S. Postal Service

National Passport Processing

P.O. Box 13408

Philadelphia, PA 19101-3408

If using another delivery service

National Passport Processing

ATTN: Department 13408

1617 Brett Road

New Castle, DE 19720

If you need your passport back in less than 2 weeks for international travel or within 4 weeks for foreign visas, you may submit Form DS-4085 in person at a Regional Passport Agency.

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)