My wife took in her documents for her 3rd overcome on the 7th of August. On the 9th she got another blue slip. This one states that Guz needs 1- pictures of her overseas trips, 2- a resume. It also states that our case needs additional processing. Guz will advise my wife when to return to the embassy. If she hasn't heard anything in 90 days...write or email them.

I'm in shock and afraid that this is going to cause me to have a heart attack or a stroke. I'm so damn mad about this further set back for someone who is honest and wants to do things the lawful way. She has asked me why she is having problems for being honest....and she hears about women that lie and get a red slip the day of their interview. I know that my wife is a good, honest, and loving wife....who only wants to come here to be with me.

We are now working on the things that Guz asked for...and will send it to them EMS when we have gotten the items together. Any advice from anyone?

Well, this is another level of hell... and it's unclear how deep this GUZ Inferno will go...

------

Here's my thoughts:

- Two items are simultaneously being processed: Additional processing is most likely security check stuff; RFE items being requested. The former you can do nothing about, except check on it; the latter you should supply.

- Previously I stated that they see a connection between the facts of her trip and her statements; I think I spoke to hardly in this direction. I would only state they are trying to see IF any connection exists between her trips and the sensitive nature of the country she visited.

- My gut says that they don't know yet if there is any [national] concern on their part, which is a good thing... since if did strike at something, you would probably stop getting RFEs and processing would be done. So, they are just doing their job in terms of picking at the case.. however inefficient it does seem to not ask for more info at once.

- I've read at some lawyer sites who are convinced that the consulates or USCIS (on recommendations for revocation) say that they will 'string' one along to see if they stay with it. I'm sure that some issues are a low priority for them to resolve and therefore they might let some things take longer than others to resolve. But your case has processing going on, and this processing may or may not be lower/higher priority... You'll just have to accept it's current state and sit tight for now. But don't get too caught up with feelings of getting 'strung' along.. Do what you can do.

- Previously I also mentioned a visit to the ACH... Frankly, I think you need to consider a visit to GUZ. If it were me, I'd go. I would not go mad, but try to play a sympathy card with the VO you talk to.. bring pictures of the two of you together and lay some out... Ask him questions about why she (and point to a picture) would be delayed so much.. try to get anything out of them about what they are truly digging after or what final evidence they will be satisified with... But be careful, I'm sure anything you say goes into that case.. so avoid words like "terrorist" or "training camps", etc...

- If you cannot go, you just need to understand clearly the blue slip, and in relation to all the previous ones. I do think that all together, they tell a story that GUZ is trying to figure out... Give them what they want. For the resume, you might consider to provide references with numbers who can speak on her behalf; both professional and work.

hang in there...

My wife took in her documents for her 3rd overcome on the 7th of August. On the 9th she got another blue slip. This one states that Guz needs 1- pictures of her overseas trips, 2- a resume. It also states that our case needs additional processing. Guz will advise my wife when to return to the embassy. If she hasn't heard anything in 90 days...write or email them.

I'm in shock and afraid that this is going to cause me to have a heart attack or a stroke. I'm so damn mad about this further set back for someone who is honest and wants to do things the lawful way. She has asked me why she is having problems for being honest....and she hears about women that lie and get a red slip the day of their interview. I know that my wife is a good, honest, and loving wife....who only wants to come here to be with me.

We are now working on the things that Guz asked for...and will send it to them EMS when we have gotten the items together. Any advice from anyone?

237363[/snapback]

I'm sorry to see that you have suffered another setback. Obviously someone is afraid to give the green light. Who wants to be the one to admit a potential problem into the US? It is good that your case is still at GUZ so just keep submitting your overcome evidence. I'm sure that I can speak for many here at CFL and say that our thoughts and prayers are with you two and hope that you may be united soon.

We are in the same boat. Do not let Guz send the packet back stateside. Try to find out what they are lacking. LiWen and I are still waiting. I'll post later with our sad story.

237555[/snapback]

I guess the only bright spot here is that the files are still at the consulate. Like George said, it's best to try to keep the files from being returned.

I'm guessing that the request for pictures of her overseas trips may in some way be related to her Afghanistan travels, even though the country isn't overseas. I'm also guessing that having to provide a resume my be designed to reveal whether any of her past employers are of the sort that typically requires CCP membership as a condition of employment. Yeah, yeah, I know. All this information has already been provided with past filings and overcome submissions, but when the consulate asks for something that they already have, you don't have much choice but to give it to them...again.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...